The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Replacement Section For Esterbrook Sj?

esterbrook section

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Wild Rover

Wild Rover

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:15

Hey everyone! My first post on the forums. I've been lurking for a while, though :)

In the beginning of November I purchased a red Esterbrook SJ on ebay. It's my first FP and I really do love it. However, I've noticed over time that hairline cracks are beginning to form at the section, and ink sometimes leaks from them. I know the pen is old and I treat it delicately, so I don't think I'm at particular fault for their formation. I don't rest my fingers near the section when writing now in fear of making them worse, but I really need to get this fixed before the cracks become worse and I'm out of my main writing instrument. 

What I'd really like is a replacement section, does anybody out there have one available or know where I can find one? I hope I made this post in the right place... please excuse me for being a newbie!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Edited by Wild Rover, 15 December 2013 - 04:15.

Sponsored Content

#2 OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,113 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 December 2013 - 14:53

Contact either FPNer Farmboy or Anderson pens.

It would be optimal to send your pen to them and have them select a section that fits it best.

Also don't ever pull a section Without a nib in it.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: esterbrook, section

Sponsored Content

|