The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Need Some Advice On Pen For Signature Pls

signature pelikan

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Florida Blue

Florida Blue

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:38

OP specified vintage.

I did see that, but the M100 still came to my mind. To be fair, the M100 came out in 1985, which was almost 30 years ago. So I think it may depend on one's view on what is vintage.

That being said, the OP could consider a new nib (in B, BB, OB or OBB) for their M400 that would negate the necessity to buy a new pen and still add that extra bit of flair to their signature.

Edited by Florida Blue, 13 December 2013 - 02:39.

Parker: Sonnet Flighter, Rialto Red Metallic Laque, IM Chiseled Gunmetal, Latitude Stainless, 45 Black, Duovac Blue Pearl Striped, 51 Standard Black, Vac Jr. Black, 51 Aero Black, 51 Vac Blue Cedar, Duofold Jr. Lapis, 51 Aero Demi Black, 51 Aero Demi Teal, 51 Aero Navy Gray, Duofold Pastel Moire Violet, Vac Major Golden Brown, Vac Deb. Emerald, 51 Vac Dove Gray, Vac Major Azure, Vac Jr. Silver Pearl, 51 Vac Black GF Cap, 51 Forest Green GF cap, Vac Jr. Silver Pearl, Duovac Senior Green & Gold, Duovac Deb. Black, Challenger Black, 51 Aero Midnight, Vac. Emerald Jr., Challenger Gray Pearl, 51 Vac Black, Duofold Int. Black, Duofold Jr. Red.

Sponsored Content

#22 whitedot

whitedot

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:58

I did see that, but the M100 still came to my mind. To be fair, the M100 came out in 1985, which was almost 30 years ago. So I think it may depend on one's view on what is vintage.

That being said, the OP could consider a new nib (in B, BB, OB or OBB) for their M400 that would negate the necessity to buy a new pen and still add that extra bit of flair to their signature.

A good suggestion.

#23 Abner C. Kemp

Abner C. Kemp

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,000 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:42

Of course I do. eBay, $85.50 plus shipping. 

Where? The clear blue? I'd be all over that deal.

#24 whitedot

whitedot

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,233 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:51

No, the solid.

#25 Florida Blue

Florida Blue

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,094 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:22

A good suggestion.

Thanks  :)

Parker: Sonnet Flighter, Rialto Red Metallic Laque, IM Chiseled Gunmetal, Latitude Stainless, 45 Black, Duovac Blue Pearl Striped, 51 Standard Black, Vac Jr. Black, 51 Aero Black, 51 Vac Blue Cedar, Duofold Jr. Lapis, 51 Aero Demi Black, 51 Aero Demi Teal, 51 Aero Navy Gray, Duofold Pastel Moire Violet, Vac Major Golden Brown, Vac Deb. Emerald, 51 Vac Dove Gray, Vac Major Azure, Vac Jr. Silver Pearl, 51 Vac Black GF Cap, 51 Forest Green GF cap, Vac Jr. Silver Pearl, Duovac Senior Green & Gold, Duovac Deb. Black, Challenger Black, 51 Aero Midnight, Vac. Emerald Jr., Challenger Gray Pearl, 51 Vac Black, Duofold Int. Black, Duofold Jr. Red.

#26 pajaro

pajaro

Amblin along like I had good sense.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,790 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:18

Esterbrook with a signature nib. Done, annnnd done

J in your favorite color with a 9284 stub.

If you want to spend more, get a Parker 51 and have Greg Minuskin retip a stub for you.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

They took the blue from the skies and the pretty girls' eyes and a touch of Old Glory too . . .

#27 sumgaikid

sumgaikid

Don't mess with the kitteh......

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,712 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 December 2013 - 18:59

I would also suggest the Aurora Optima. It's small enough,wide enough

yet light enough that your hand won't tire from doing too many signat-

ures.

John

Irony is not lost on INFJ's--in fact,they revel in it.

#28 mirosc

mirosc

I love the smell of ink in the morning

• Member - Gold

• 2,622 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 December 2013 - 19:27

I've got several pens for signatures:

- 1950's MB with a flexible OBB (stub) nib - produces a very bold signature, but takes quite some time to dry

- Lamy 2000 with a ~1.1mm semiflex stub nib from an older Lamy-model (27?) - always loaded with BSB, those signatures really stand out :-)

- any other fountain pen will do if I'm just co-signing with others (blending in, not good when you're the only one jumping off the page)

- ballpoint for quick/lots of signatures when I don't read the text and just flip the pages - avoids smearing.

You should bear in mind that the signature takes longer to dry if you use a B/BB. I only recommend those nibs if you really have enough time so that the ink can dry properly. Otherwise (like with signature folders) just stick to medium nibs or ballpoints.

For what you have written: I can recommend a 100N with a B nib. They are a bit flexible so that you can produce a bold signature if needed or a normal one if desired.

Greetings,
Michael

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: signature, pelikan

Sponsored Content

|