The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Burnham?

burnham

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Pentathlete

Pentathlete

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:04

Hi.

I'd be grateful for advice, please.

I have several Burnham B48s/51s and have just purchased what was advertised as a Burnham pen.  It's flanked by the 2 dips in the link.

I was convinced that it isn't a Burnham - it looks to streamlined for a pen made by a company that closed in 1965 - but it was cheap and I was willing to take a chance.  The nib reads Burnham 14ct and Non Corrosive is imprinted on the barrel.  I was really after the nib.

Any views on whether the pen is a Burnham would be appreciated, please.

Best.

Paul

Attached File  Is this a Burnham.doc   116.5KB   59 downloads

Edited by Pentathlete, 10 December 2013 - 02:05.

Sponsored Content

#2 nigelg

nigelg

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 December 2013 - 21:16

This Burnham blog site  might be useful, although I can't tell how up-to-date it is.

Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift.
That's why it's called the present

#3 Pentathlete

Pentathlete

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 December 2013 - 21:37

Hi Nigel.

I'm very grateful for your reply.  I know Alan Charlton's site well and had written to him.  Another contact has said that the streamlined style is typical of a desk pen but cannot confirm that it is a Burnham.  I'll await its arrival, check for any other markings and update.

Thanks for your interest and help.

Best.

Paul

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: burnham

Sponsored Content

|