Parker Pens Maded Bij Luxor Company In India!

Dutchparker

I was looking at some adv. on ebay, when I saw several creations of parker pens by the luxor pencompany.

I know that they make parker pens under license for the Indian market. But what is the place of these pens in the collectors market?

How is the quality of these pens?

Stunning remake of parker 45 called the parker galaxy!

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/Parker-Galaxy-Standard-GT-Ball-Pen-BLACK-Body-Fine-Nib-Blue-Ink-New-/321269292151?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4acd245c77

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/Parker-Vector-CT-Metallix-Ballpen-Ball-Pen-Blue-Body-Brand-New-Sealed-Original-/130966036102?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e7e2f1e86

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/Parker-Jotter-Special-Edition-CT-Ball-Pen-Perpetual-Calendar-Set-3-Black-New-/400589019043?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d44f757a3

I'm wandering what you think about these pens!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bob_hayden

• pajaro

• penmanila

• chromantic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shame they didn't remake the 45 fountain pen. I have an Indian Frontier and have to admit it is quite a nice pen

I have a indian jotter, the quality is alright, but not up to par with english jotters- one obvious sign is the imperfect imprint on the barrel.

As for collecting....who collects jotter and vector ballpoints ?? Therefore i seriously doubt we`il see any high prices(or high praises) for these pens in the future.

Edited by rochester21

Rochestor21, thanks for you replay, but I'm collecting all parker pens so also jotter and vector bp's!

But I'm not sure I've I should include the indian made parker !!!

Anyone ideas on including indian made parkers to your collection?

Edited by Dutchparker

I had a Vector rollerball in matt black and gold trim, good quality, gift from a friend. now i give to somebody to use.

Rochestor21, thanks for you replay, but I'm collecting all parker pens so also jotter and vector bp's!

But I'm not sure I've I should include the indian made parker !!!

Anyone ideas on including indian made parkers to your collection?

BUT, Why Not?? A Parker is a Parker, its not a pen if its not a Parker!!!

You should collect India Made Parkers, they give you good value for money and an equally good quality as Indians conform to quality standards laid down internationally mostly.

I personally own a lot of them alongwith USA, UK & China made ones and find no much difference in the Indian made ones...

Especially a Beta, its completely an Indian one and a good one, you should get one!

I have an all metal Vector from India. It's quite nice. It even has a gold plated nib.

And the end of all our exploring

Will be to arrive where we started

And know the place for the first time. TS Eliot

As for collecting....who collects jotter and vector ballpoints ?? Therefore i seriously doubt we`il see any high prices(or high praises) for these pens in the future.

Wash your mouth out with soap. ;)

While I don't, there are a few here with rather Sizable Jotter collections. I would argue Every FP C-worder should own at least one "first year series" Jotter. I'd presume it's the most popular pen ever made by Parker.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

I have a bright blue plastic Parker Beta, and it's a great pen!

It's clearly very cheap, it feels plasticky, but it *was* cheap - it was something like £4 - and it writes really nicely.

Instagram @inkysloth

I've seen strange collection of inexpensive matches, beer caps, bookmarks. I think Jotter and Vector produce a lot of variety along their 60 and respectively 30 years of production, which make them very collectible!

Check the second post : https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/221662-parker-ball-point-collection/

Edited by usk15

Who knows what wonderful pens those people in India might create? I think it will be worth watching to see.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

I've seen strange collection of inexpensive matches, beer caps, bookmarks. I think Jotter and Vector produce a lot of variety along their 60 and respectively 30 years of production, which make them very collectible!

Check the second post : https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/221662-parker-ball-point-collection/

Francis, (ParkerCrazy) I believe is genetically predisposed to be a Jotter collector.

I think his father helped design it.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

i've had some beautiful lacquered sonnets come to me from india (the boxes indicate that they were made there, too, although i'm not sure if it was by luxor). very nicely made, no quality issues, great prices, too. here they are:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3759/8898285558_bac7a7f840_c.jpg

Check out my blog and my pens

• 3 weeks later...

Just my 2 cents,I have used Parker pens from all those three different regions,US,China & India.

The main differences that I have found out is :

1. Nib Quality (Flow of ink and Smoothness Of Writing)

2. Finishing and Durability.

3. Packaging.

4. Customer Service.

Indian manufactured Parker pens are way subpar when compared to the other region Parkers,if you have a pricky eye like mine then you can easy iron out these differences and understand why they are cheaper.

And,Indian Parker customer service is awesomely and insanely (bleep).

So if you do want to collect some Parkers,I would strongly suggest you not to collect those sub par quality ones,it wont suit your collection I guess.

Edited by Penoholic

If they made those pictured Sonnets in India, that says something good for them. Do you really think they could botch the making of them more in India than they did in France?

Tried a French Sonnet? If you cap it tonight, will it write for you tomorrow? Sing it to the melody of a song popular to my parents' generation.

I don't think the Indian workers would fail to do better. Customer service is a matter of gaining experience in it and them seeing the value of it.

Ever tried to get NCR Unix service from the service center they had in Pakistan?

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."

It does seem odd to exclude a whole section of pens simply because of their country of origin - I have Parker pens from the USA, France, Canada, India, China, England and Denmark. None of them are any less 'Parker' than any other.

Instagram @inkysloth

Bruce, you're correct: Parker has sold more Jotters than anything else. Sales of the Jotter have defied traditional product life cycles. How many other products have sold virtually unchanged for so long?

Parker Business Management, well aware of product life cycles, considered the Vector as a potential replacement for the Jotter. The Jotter continued to sell strongly, however, even after the Vector was launched.

The Jotter isn't just a remarkable pen, it's a remarkable product of any sort.

The Jotter is a good, solid ballpoint. The refills have always been of a good quality, better than the ordinary ballpoint.

Just my 2 cents,I have used Parker pens from all those three different regions,US,China & India.

The main differences that I have found out is :

1. Nib Quality (Flow of ink and Smoothness Of Writing)

2. Finishing and Durability.

3. Packaging.

4. Customer Service.

Indian manufactured Parker pens are way subpar when compared to the other region Parkers,if you have a pricky eye like mine then you can easy iron out these differences and understand why they are cheaper.

And,Indian Parker customer service is awesomely and insanely (bleep).

So if you do want to collect some Parkers,I would strongly suggest you not to collect those sub par quality ones,it wont suit your collection I guess.

Can you please share any bad experience you had with Indian Parker Company...which made you form such an opinion?

:unsure: