The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Get A Grip

gripping material tool

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Gerold

Gerold

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 December 2013 - 13:54

Hello all ye pen-repairers and -repairesses out there,

I found a useful tool to remove a section, or a blind-cap, or just open a tightly closed ink bottle.

The gloves you see in the pictures below are really helpful in all these situations, giving a VERY good grip.

I got them from a local building supplier (cost only about €3) and they work like a charm.

No more fiddling with pads and stripes.

Section pliers will hopefully become a "tool of last resort".

(Caution: The occasional applying of dry heat to the barrel might still be necessary, esp. with older/ brittle material.)

Attached Images

• IMG_6929.JPG
  • IMG_6928.JPG

Sponsored Content

#2 OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,113 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 December 2013 - 15:43

I tried some rubber dishwashing gloves for grippers and while they gripped fine, I found putting then on and off a PIA.

I'll stick with my 3" x 3" piece of bicycle inner tube. It's thinner than car or motorcycle tubes and works just fine for me And, 

it's Free. My Favorite price!  ;)

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gripping material, tool

Sponsored Content

|