Man 100 Opera Or Harlequin

Left FPN

Nice one Force.

Alas in the last nib-pic the tip is half hidden.

The cart is a Lamy.

Could you just put some varnish on the tarnished ring?

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Left FPN

• kulindi

• wspohn

• RMN

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one Force.

Alas in the last nib-pic the tip is half hidden.

The cart is a Lamy.

Could you just put some varnish on the tarnished ring?

D.ick

I am taking new pics with both pens together and will include the nibs. The working side of the broad is nice and clean.

I can buy a complete new grip for £70 from someone on tinternet and it would still be good value. I have also put a Wanted in the Classifieds....in case I can pick one up cheaper.

Thanks for cart info.

Edited by Force

Harli Twin....possibly just 1cc. I have a new ring section on the way from another FPN member which will tidy up the latest purchase.

fpn_1397286459__dscn0985.jpg

fpn_1397286656__dscn0981.jpg

Edited by Force

After a couple of days soaking in water, a good constant pull and waggle popped the nib and feed out then the block insert unscrewed with ease.

Prior to the disaasembly it was cleaned in my ultrasonic bath where very little ink emitted.

I would have expected to see more, clogged, ink in the vanes but there is none. Maybe it has had very little use or been cleaned at some time.

I await now the new block.

fpn_1397369947__dscn1018.jpg

For those wishing to know, this is where the converter sits.

fpn_1397371082__dscn1035.jpg

Edited by Force

I have had another closer look at my Opera and definitely cannot see any serial number between the gold bands on the cap...Is it possible that not every pen carried a serial number...???

I have had this on my Watch list for 10 days and it has just finished at £59 delivered.

fpn_1397410600__man_100_59.jpg

Very little description to go on, it could be a 100 or 200. No questions & answers displayed.

I asked a few Q's where the seller said used twice then boxed....oh he/she also said smooth black gloss finish on barrel and cap.....oh and fins on black plastic thingy under nib.

Ahhhh defintely a Man 100 then, possibly mint, boxed.

That's £11 less than this Phileas....It's a #@*%$£ odd world. See peps are getting distracted.....GREAT. :rolleyes:

Edited by Force

The Eagles Head and Pen stamps.

Just messing with D90 and 105/2.8 while waiting for visitors today.

fpn_1397474063__dsc_8377.jpg

Edited by Force

You make some great photographs Force, one of your many qualities I sort of envy you (in a friendly way..)

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

You make some great photographs Force, one of your many qualities I sort of envy you (in a friendly way..)

D.ick

Thanks D.ick but I have to say it's 90% Nikon and a 950 Coolpix camera thats 15 years old.

I have had this on my Watch list for 10 days and it has just finished at £59 delivered.

fpn_1397410600__man_100_59.jpg

Very little description to go on, it could be a 100 or 200. No questions & answers displayed.

I asked a few Q's where the seller said used twice then boxed....oh he/she also said smooth black gloss finish on barrel and cap.....oh and fins on black plastic thingy under nib.

Ahhhh defintely a Man 100 then, possibly mint, boxed.

That's £11 less than this Phileas....It's a #@*%$£ odd world. See peps are getting distracted.....GREAT. :rolleyes:

Not mint though VG but yet another with ring corrosion. The box is a mess. Not sure why 2 booklets.

Edited by Force

I now have a dilemma,

Which nib to go with which pen should I consider selling.

Is a Harlequin more desirable with a Medium or a Broad. It arrived with the Broad (looks good) but the Gloss pen I have just purchased has a nice Medium.

fpn_1397832528__dscn1095.jpg

fpn_1397832610__dscn1097.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have had another closer look at my Opera and definitely cannot see any serial number between the gold bands on the cap...Is it possible that not every pen carried a serial number...???

Have had a closer look at my opera under magnification and YES....it does have a number. It is 34229. I purchased the pen new in 1991.

• 1 month later...

i never liked watermans until i saw this harlequin Oh my god.

'The Yo-Yo maneuver is very difficult to explain. It was first perfected by the well-known Chinese fighter pilot Yo-Yo Noritake. He also found it difficult to explain, being quite devoid of English.

So we left it at that. He showed us the maneuver after a sort. B*****d stole my kill.'

-Squadron Leader K. G. Holland, RAF. WWII China.

Force takes such beautiful pictures. They are a real inducement to experience Waterman. When I think of all those years when I only looked at Waterman pens in a Fahrney's catalog, I realize I should have tried one back in the day, before I got too old to appreciate using one day to day. This harlequin is so beautiful, and Force's pics bring the beauty of it to you.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

• 2 years later...

Just seeing this thread. My Arlequin is # 3565, though one of my Operas is # 23926. Interesting that they made so many more of the Operas than Arlequins. Both great pens!