The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

How Is My Handwriting I Want To Improve Please Help Me

handwriting improve nib fountain pen cursive writing pen penmenship ink line

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Shahab Mirza

Shahab Mirza

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 December 2013 - 17:25

Hello fountainpennetwork.com, 

My problem is concerning handwriting, I have been struggling to improve my handwriting since years but could never been satisfied with my own handwriting so I moved to www.fountainpennetwork.com, I have attached photos showing my handwriting, I write in 20 different fonts but I am confused which handwriting should I use in college and exams, please see my handwriting in photo attached and tell me which one should I finalize as my handwriting and please answer following questions.
1: Can I use Italic writing in exams?
2: Is it better to write on the line or in middle of 2 lines?
3: Is Italic writing good or non Italic?

Looking at my photos tell me which writing is suitable for me and help me improve my handwriting.

Should I write in such a way that bottom of letter touch line or should I write in middle of line help me please.

Thanks and please reply quickly its urgent please Thanks. 

Attached Images

• 1.jpg
  • 2.jpg
  • 3.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 nekosan

nekosan

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:57

I like the handwriting in sample #2 the best, although I can't really explain why.

You can definitely use italic writing for exams. My rule of thumb is that, as long as its legible, it's good.

I prefer to write on the line. I don't think that it's wrong to write between them, though!

Both italic and non-italic are good. It comes down to your own personal preference. My attempts at italic writing seem more legible, but my cursive is faster (more practice), so I write mostly in cursive.

#3 beak

beak

R82105N

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,148 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:03

I found no. 2 the easiest to read, if that helps.

No. 3 looks (to me) more mature, but slightly less legible.

I am no handwriting expert, but when it comes to improvements and practise I have found that detail is important to legibility.  For instance, the crossing of your T is sometimes adrift, making the letter appear to be an L.

I found great improvement in my hand by spending only a little time each day writing well, rather than spending many hours repeating mistakes in the hope that they would go away - doing that merely teaches the body to write mistakes, because those are what you are practising! 

I also found great benefit from concentrating on only one thing in every practise session.  For instance, one session of practise (say copying out a long passage from a book) would be concerned only with forming the letter E properly.  This way the session had focus and it was easy to concentrate on the task.

Good luck.

Edited by beak, 05 December 2013 - 09:03.

Sincerely, beak. God does not work in mysterious ways – he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.

#4 KateGladstone

KateGladstone

Handwriting Repairwoman

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:08

In my experience and observation:

/1/ Italic handwriting works excellently on exams, because in italic it's easier to reach higher speeds without loss of legibility. Italic is VERY accident-resistant

/2/ Most writers do best when writing ON the line,
-----------------------
___like_this____,
but some writers do better when writing BETWEEN the lines,

/3/ Good results can be produced in many forms of handwriting but for most people, good results are most easily produced in the italic form: for the reasons stated in /1/.

#5 Runnin_Ute

Runnin_Ute

Super Pinks member:

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,940 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:20

I seem to write "mostly" slightly above the line, but it does drop sometimes. I don't know if it is something that happens when tired or what. I haven't tracked it closely enough to know, but that seems reasonable. That is with mine.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

#6 FLZapped

FLZapped

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:04

1) Yes.

2) Depends on which helps you maintain control the best.

3) All forms are good. I guess it depends on what you are most comfortable with. There is no real "best" as some would have you believe.

#7 kenfraser

kenfraser

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,216 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 December 2013 - 21:53

Is it better to write on the line or in middle of 2 lines?

Both ways work well. You may be interested in this topic..

http://www.fountainp...ween-the-lines/

Ken

#8 BookCat

BookCat

Crazy Cat Lady

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 December 2013 - 16:51

I like sample 2 but agree that you need to cross your t's lower down so that it crosses the t rather than flies above the t.

I was always taught to write ON the line, but there seems to be a trend towards writing between lines. I would imagine that educational establishments would prefer the traditional method of on the line. Maybe you should ask.

#9 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,577 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:07

2013-Ink_874.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Dark Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

#10 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• 36,577 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:07

2013-Ink_875.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Dark Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

#11 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• 36,577 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:08

2013-Ink_876.jpg

#12 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• 36,577 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:09

2013-Ink_877.jpg

2013-Ink_877b.jpg

#13 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• 36,577 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:09

2013-Ink_878.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: handwriting, improve, nib, fountain pen, cursive, writing, pen, penmenship, ink, line

Sponsored Content

|