The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Need Help Id'ing A Mont Blanc Pen (Newbie :( )

mont blanc newbie help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 harliquin76

harliquin76

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:35

Preface:  I had a Lamy  AL-Star fountain pen I loved dearly. It wrote just the way I liked and was extra fine. My wife wanted to get me a new pen to replace my lost Lamy. (I told her the Lamy was cheap and amazing, but she didn't listen)   She decided to get me a second hand Mont Blanc off ebay.  While it skips at my normal writing pressure if you press even lightly on it, it writes so fat my letters start to bleed together.

Problem: I want to replace the nib on this pen with a finer one. I don't know if that is possible with this Mont Blanc because I can't readily Identify which pen it is (it might even be a fake)

There is some damage around the top where the gold leaf has come off the resin, also the pen clicks into the pen top as opposed to screwing into the pen top. 

Can anyone help me identify what type of Mont Blanc this is? I know its a meisterstück but thats all.

I put a card next to the pen for size ref, same size as a credit card.

photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

photo_4.jpg

photo_5.jpg

photo_6.jpg

photo_7.jpg

photo_8.jpg

photo_9.jpg

thanks for any help

Edited by harliquin76, 03 December 2013 - 02:38.

Sponsored Content

#2 Bernardo

Bernardo

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:56

#3 harliquin76

harliquin76

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:58

Thank you,

I know a Mont Blanc is a huge step up from my Lamy, but I loved that pen.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mont blanc, newbie, help

Sponsored Content

|