Parker Vector 3-in-1 Triopen (ballpoint, pencil)

Vaiar

Since I guess some of you do indeed write with ballpoints at least part of the time, I would like to hear your opinion of the Parker Vector 3-in-1 Triopen regarding the following:

Does it rattle?

What kind of ballpoint refillings does it take? The standard Parker ones that also go into the Jotter?

Is the mechanism that changes between the two ballpoints and pencil leads of good quality?

What is your overall impression of the pen?

Thanks,

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaiar

• TYoung

• Ed01

• auscan

I am pretty sure this is the one I bought for my sister. It doesn't use a standard parker refills but some custom type. My sister hasn't had any problems with the pen and its change mechanism. I just picked up her pen and it does have a rattle to it when moving it. I have only used it once and it seamed like a good writing tool.

I hope that helps

You can get it with Ball/Pencil/Stylus or 2 colour ball/pencil. I like the looks of the Parker Insigner 3 in 1 better. I was going to by one of these a few weeks ago, but the guy at the store said that refills are hard to find/come by.The Insigner one is discontinued, and the store assistant said that he didnt think the 3 in 1 Vector would last eather. The insigner uses the same refills as the Vector (Vector is known as I.M. in Australia).

Edited by auscan

QUOTE (auscan)
You can get it with Ball/Pencil/Stylus or 2 colour ball/pencil. I like the looks of the Parker Insigner 3 in 1 better. I was going to by one of these a few weeks ago, but the guy at the store said that refills are hard to find/come by.The Insigner one is discontinued, and the store assistant said that he didnt think the 3 in 1 Vector would last eather. The insigner uses the same refills as the Vector (Vector is known as I.M. in Australia).

Thanks for the info on the refills; I was already afraid the pen would use rather scarce refills. dry.gif

I'm holding a tri-point now. Mine is a pen/.7mm pencil/stylus. The pen refil is the standard one for multi-pint pens and should be easy to get. The pen rattles a bit. Less than ones that cost less and a bit more than pens that cost more. Good weight and a bit slippery for my tastes. It is also quite long, 6.5".

Bought one about a year ago, and brought it back to the store within days for a refund.

I wasn't impressed with the fit and finish. Definitely not up to what you'd expect from a Parker. Even a Jotter seems better put together then these Vectors.

Have you looked at the Cross Tech 3? I recently responded to a thread about it in the Cross forum.

I've never handled a Vector 3-in-1, but I gather it's larger than a Tech 3. The Tech 3 has a Cross Century-style body, i.e. slim metal barrel. It's a little under 5.5 inches in length. No option for a PDA stylus, though.

• 1 year later...

Hi, I have been given one of these, however it does not have any lead in the pencil and I cannot find a way to refill it. Can anyone help please?

It takes the standard trio type pen refills. These are the type you usually see from Zebra. With all of my trio and duo pens I have had, I put a little piece of paper towel in the middle of the mechanism. That stops the rattle.

the Danitrio Fellowship