The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

What Pelikan Is This?

pelikanquestion fountain pen model name

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 YeOlCaptain

YeOlCaptain

Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 November 2013 - 18:33

Hello, I have had this Pelikan pen for a long time, however I never knew its name. What model Pelikan is this?

Attached Images

• photo 1.JPG
  • photo 1 (1).JPG
  • photo 2.JPG

Sponsored Content

#2 Cerbervs

Cerbervs

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 November 2013 - 18:58

Looks like a slivexa to me.

#3 Baric

Baric

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 19:03

It kind of looks like a Pelikano, but it's hard to say from the photos.  Do you have a better image of the clip and nib?  That pen has gone through many variations over the years.  Here is one version:

Pelikano.jpg

#4 YeOlCaptain

YeOlCaptain

Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 November 2013 - 19:34

It kind of looks like a Pelikano, but it's hard to say from the photos.  Do you have a better image of the clip and nib?  That pen has gone through many variations over the years.  Here is one version:

Pelikano.jpg

Thats the exact pen! What is its name?

#5 Baric

Baric

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 21:53

Thats the exact pen! What is its name?

It's a Pelikano, which is a model of Pelikan marketed towards students.  Pelikan still sells that model, but it looks a little different today.  The one above seems to be from the 70's, maybe early 80's.  For more info, you might try here:

http://www.ruettinge...l-pelikano.html

#6 YeOlCaptain

YeOlCaptain

Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 November 2013 - 22:54

It's a Pelikano, which is a model of Pelikan marketed towards students.  Pelikan still sells that model, but it looks a little different today.  The one above seems to be from the 70's, maybe early 80's.  For more info, you might try here:

http://www.ruettinge...l-pelikano.html

Thanks!

#7 Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo Olson

Pen Dust

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,660 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:19

I know folks with lots of pens that are still impressed with the Pelikano's nib.

I don't have one because it's a cartridge pen. I do have the school pen before that, the piston Pelikan 120...and it has a real nice nib; a Joy to Write with.

I have a Geha school pen from the time of the 120 that  has fantastic nib.....so don't let the term 'school' pen put you off. There are folks that collect all the colors of the Safari, a school pen.

Many rave about the P-45 also a school pen in some variants.

German vintage '50-70 semi-flex stubs and those in oblique give the real thing in On Demand line variation. Modern Oblique is a waste of money for a shadow of line variation. Being too lazy to Hunt for affordable vintage oblique pens, lets you 'hunt' for line variation instead of having it.

www.nibs.com/blog/nibster-writes/nibs-germany & https://www.peter-bo...cts/nib-systems,

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

#8 YeOlCaptain

YeOlCaptain

Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 November 2013 - 16:31

#9 proton007

proton007

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:21

I know folks with lots of pens that are still impressed with the Pelikano's nib.

I don't have one because it's a cartridge pen. I do have the school pen before that, the piston Pelikan 120...and it has a real nice nib; a Joy to Write with.

I have a Geha school pen from the time of the 120 that  has fantastic nib.....so don't let the term 'school' pen put you off. There are folks that collect all the colors of the Safari, a school pen.

Many rave about the P-45 also a school pen in some variants.

The GEHA Schulfuller has two models if I'm not wrong, one with a 14K nib, the other with a steel nib.  The 14K nib is pretty flexy.

In a world where there are no eyes the sun would not be light, and in a world where there were no soft skins rocks would not be hard, nor in a world where there were no muscles would they be heavy. Existence is relationship and you're smack in the middle of it.

- Alan Watts

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pelikanquestion, fountain pen, model, name

Sponsored Content

|