My M1000 Arrived Today

Sardine

Wow!!

This is really exactly what I imagined. Love it. Absolutely love it!

I've never owned a Pelikan, but this pen writes so nicely I can't see it being the only one in my future...!

http://i.imgur.com/NB9Qc3Y.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/og74c8B.jpg

Waterman Expert II-L, Pelikan M1000-B in black

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sardine

• proton007

• GeekyGirl

• Kathleen48

Pelikan's have a way of multiplying on you the second you turn your back so be warned. Beautiful pen. There are only two Pelikan's in the range I haven't laid hands on and its the M1000 and the M300. Very envious of you and your pen right now. Enjoy it!!

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

If you have a chance, try out the fine nib on the M1000. I've owned 3, simply because they write as close to vintage flexible as I've found in a modern nib. They are closer to a medium, which is a plus for me. If you like a fine nib, try an EF. I can't speak directly for them, though.

Tyler

If you have a chance, try out the fine nib on the M1000. I've owned 3, simply because they write as close to vintage flexible as I've found in a modern nib. They are closer to a medium, which is a plus for me. If you like a fine nib, try an EF. I can't speak directly for them, though.

Tyler

Thanks Tyler. Yes, that would be interesting.

My normal choice is broad, with a bit of character, but not calligraphic. I think I found exactly what I like with this nib.

Waterman Expert II-L, Pelikan M1000-B in black

Hi Sardine, comgratulations on your new beautiful M1000. I am actually a Pelikan lover myself and have the following:

Pelikan M800

3 Pelikan M200's

Pelikan 600 and

A beautiful Pelikan 400nn 1960 Vintage

My largest is the Pelikan M800 but I have plans to actually get a Pelikan M1005 oneday.

Also I noticed that your nib is a Bold one, but all in all a very lovely pen.

Congratulations and enjoy it !!!!

I recently bought a Pelikan M1000 from a wonderful woman in the classified section on this forum. And when it arrived your comment was the same as mine - WOW. I love the look of this pen but even better I love writing with it. I was unprepared for the nibs springiness (which it has). I have a pile of different Pelikans which has pretty much turned into my favorite brand. Maybe because as a college student a Pelikan 120 was my first serious fountain pen. But these pens are workhorses too, they are simple and they write and write. I think I'm in love LOL

Kathleen

congrats and well done :thumbup:

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Beautiful! Every time I see one of these threads I have to convince myself that I made the right choice going with a M600 for the balance and size. Doesn't stop me from feeling jealous though.

Message me about nib work in NYC

Instagram | YouTube

Very nice! I have most of the other sizes of Pelikans but not the 1000. I thought for a long time it was too big but have since purchased many large pens. I still hope one day they will make the M1000 in a blue stripe.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Looks really nice. Every time I think about a new pen I am now wondering 149 or M1000? My problem is that I've never owned a Pelikan, so have no idea how they compare with modern 149s which is what I own currently and really like.

Smith Premier No. 4

Congratulations all the way around! :thumbup:

See with what large letters I have written you with my own hand. GaVIxi

The pen is the interpreter of the soul: what one thinks, the other expresses. (MdC)

Congratulations on your purchase! I have an M1005 and I love it. The EF nib on mine is springy and gives just a slight hint of line variation. The slight line variation is probably a result of the springy/slightly flexible nib. I've never tried to intentionally flex it to spread the tines though. I do wish they would make the 1000 series in more colors. They probably don't sell too many 1000s though so it would become an expensive thing to inventory so many colored barrels.

Fountain pen enthusiasts, who never have an M1000 :wub: , might consider their lives cursed :doh: . :puddle:

Don't you love the way its weight settles the pen into your hand ? It's what a fistful of gold coins feels like.

I use a lubricated ink in mine.

Write with joy.

Edited by Sasha Royale

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Congratulations on your purchase! I have an M1005 and I love it. The EF nib on mine is springy and gives just a slight hint of line variation. The slight line variation is probably a result of the springy/slightly flexible nib. I've never tried to intentionally flex it to spread the tines though. I do wish they would make the 1000 series in more colors. They probably don't sell too many 1000s though so it would become an expensive thing to inventory so many colored barrels.

I may be wrong, but I've noticed the green ink view section of the black M1000 is darker than that of the black M800. Its almost invisible unless held against a light source.

This means that Pelikan have tried to create an all-black look while still retaining the ink window.

If its deliberate and not due to some manufacturing issue, I would say they wanted to create a black pen. The green is offered because its the classic Pelikan color, and it was launched after the black.

This also goes with the observation that all the oversized pens (Flagships) have a black and gold finish. Pelikan M1000, MB-149, Pilot 845, Omas Paragon, Parker Duofold....quite a few.

As much as I like the blue striped M800, unless Pelikan becomes desperate, its unlikely they'll make a Blue M1000 because it dilutes the image of the M1000 line.

I'd say the chances of a Tortoise M1000 are higher as it can be released as a Special Edition.

Edited by proton007

In a world where there are no eyes the sun would not be light, and in a world where there were no soft skins rocks would not be hard, nor in a world where there were no muscles would they be heavy. Existence is relationship and you're smack in the middle of it.

- Alan Watts

I may be wrong, but I've noticed the green ink view section of the black M1000 is darker than that of the black M800. Its almost invisible unless held against a light source.

This means that Pelikan have tried to create an all-black look while still retaining the ink window.

I think they shifted from using the light green ink windows to darker ones when the new version of the logo came out, can't say for sure but what I know is I've never seen an old-style (medallion) M800 with dark ink window, while all the M805s I've seen so far had them.

Ex, found this with google

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y36/ceeteelee/penA082009NibA01.jpg (from FPN, leftmost is an M800)

Check out the first two pictures:

http://www.nibs.com/PelikanM800Series.htm (nibs.com)

http://www.nibs.com/www/WEBSITE%20PICS/Pelikan%20website%20pics/pelikan-m-800-black-uncapped.jpg

http://www.nibs.com/www/WEBSITE%20PICS/Pelikan%20website%20pics/pelikan-m-805-black-uncapped.jpg

• 4 months later...

Pelikan's have a way of multiplying on you the second you turn your back so be warned.

You are sooo right about that. I wish that I'd read that before buying my first. I might have more money in the bank now!