Xezo--How are they?

Shannon

Hi all.

I'm looking for some input on the Xezo pens. I absolutely love the way the shell/mother of pearl pens look. But here's the question--how do they write??

Thanks.

--Shannon

My fingers are always inky and I'm always looking for something new.  Interested in trading?  Contact me!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• petra

• Shannon

• Dillo

• jd50ae

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

They use Schmidt nibs, so they should write fairly well.

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

If you search for Xezo in Fountain Pen Reviews, you'll find an interesting discussion from just a couple days ago, and some great pictures! (duh... I still haven't figured out how to stick the links into these posts...)

Petra

QUOTE (petra @ Feb 17 2007, 09:28 PM)
If you search for Xezo in Fountain Pen Reviews, you'll find an interesting discussion from just a couple days ago, and some great pictures! (duh... I still haven't figured out how to stick the links into these posts...)

Petra

Thanks! I looked in the alpha listing and didn't see them. Never thought about just searching.... eureka.gif

My fingers are always inky and I'm always looking for something new.  Interested in trading?  Contact me!

Forgot to mention -- if you like Mother of Pearl & abalone pens, check out these two sites:

WWW.wndpens.com -- look at the new Father Neptune Laban pens, they're GREAT! They also have some Danitrios with shell. (*I had some trouble this morning, trying to get to their site, don't know what was going on...)

www.triojoe.com -- some great Danitrio mother of pearl pens.

And the most gorgeous mother of pearl pen ever, by Ferrari da Varese... I've been drooling over it for a LONG time, you can see it at www.pentifica.com ...sigh, I'll be saving my pennies a long time before I can ever fantasize about this one...

Petra

• 10 years later...

I have a Xezo. Just one, but it is one of my favorite "new" pens. It's a Legionnaire, limited-numbered edition. It's a beautiful pen and I really like the way it writes. Mine is platinum & gold plated, with a two-tone iridium nib-Medium. Even though I usually prefer a fine-point, I still really like the way this pen writes. The pen itself is nicely detailed, and I believe it is all metal-It's heavy. If the pen is mightier than the sword, this pen is a cutlass, not a foil!

post-135302-0-69211600-1489613739_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

It’s beautiful.

I have five of them, with a mix of steel and 18ct nibs.

All are smooth, wet writers. The abalone and mother of pearl ones write with a broad stroke- for those, I’d say medium is close to broad and fine is definitely a medium...

• 4 weeks later...

New to Xezo. Took the plunge after watching a YouTube review by SBREBrown. Too early for much feedback, but this far i can say the machining is very precise: the threads are the absolute smoothest of any fp I have. The lacquer finish is astounding. The packaging is actually well done (typically I detest the way most FPs today are packaged...or should I sat, grossly overpackaged. One nib is a #5 Svhmidt, and it has a bit of feedback and is in the drier side. The other is a #6 JoWo and had slight feedback and is also on therefore side. I'm normally highly averse to brass pens, and these are heavy, but they are very well balanced...unposted. I'm looking forward to getting to know the more.

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

• 4 months later...

The Xezo pens that I've looked at online are heavy. They appear to be on a brass core, which is common for Chinese pens. So I was surprised to read that they are made in Germany. Until recently I avoided heavy pens, but now I like them at my desk, but not to carry. This one is 57 grams which is about double the weight of plastic pens that I carry.

https://www.xezo.com/writing-instruments/fountain-pens/eternal-flame-f

Do they have Bock nibs???

Alan