The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Help Me Improve My Handwriting

handwriting improve help me writing calligraphy fountain pen fountain pen legible

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Shahab Mirza

Shahab Mirza

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 November 2013 - 17:48

Hi guys, it has been a long time that I am struggling for legible and good handwriting, I went through different types of handwriting, first I wrote in cursive but never became fluent with it then I tried separate words but were looking kind of childish writing, then I wrote on middle of the line then again I jumped back on the line with different techniques of writing, so I came to this form so that you good people can help me improve my handwriting. My one more problem is that I can write in more than 20 styles (2 of which are attached in the photo) this has became problem for me because which one style should I finalize and choose.

My handwriting attached in this photo are 2 writings, open photo it will be named "1" and "2" in other photo attached (written in red colour on the photo)  so you people can distinguish between two different handwritings of mine, my both handwritings in both pics are legible means I can write it fast and fluent but tell me by looking at the photo that is such writing acceptable or not and which one should I choose, thanks.

Attached Images

• WRITING 2.jpg
  • WRITING 1 .jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Alexandra

Alexandra

Inked and Ready

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 November 2013 - 22:10

Your handwriting is legible with personality and better than most. I don't think you need improvement but you might enjoy taking a look around iampeth.com

www.lettermatters.com
P.O. Box 196 Kingsburg, CA 93631

#3 Randal6393

Randal6393

Love italic handwriting.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:13

+1, Alexandra, any improvements are gilding the lily. Either hand is legible and works well, both have personality and look good. Unless you feel the need to learn another hand, say, italic or copperplate, wouldn't worry too much. Maybe use one when you are feeling up and happy, reserve the other for when you are feeling low.\?

Enjoy,

Yours,
Randal

From a person's actions, we may infer attitudes, beliefs, --- and values. We do not know these characteristics outright. The human dichotomies of trust and distrust, honor and duplicity, love and hate --- all depend on internal states we cannot directly experience. Isn't this what adds zest to our life?

#4 oneill

oneill

RETIRED MAGISTRATE

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 June 2016 - 09:38

Hi Shahab; the most important aid to helping you to improve your handwriting is the use of an appropriate paper which MUST be lined in the following way;You obviously must have a base line so draw a straight line ,above that about half a centimetre
draw another line,next draw a line another half a centimetre,so the result is this
............... when you begin writing the bottom line serves as your base,the line
................above serves as the top of the non capital letter and the very top ............... tells you where the top of your letter should be, this was how our
EXCERCISE BOOKS were ruled in my school in the UK and if you did not keep to the
guidelines God Help You because Sister or Brother showed you where you went wrong!!!
resulting in fab writing!!!!! I hope this helps ,if you have problems understanding what I have written please advise and I will try to assist you further.oneill

#5 Rednaxela

Rednaxela

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 June 2016 - 05:42

I'd choose #2, but I would work on getting the letters to touch the base line. The rest will probably fall in place.
~ Alexander

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: handwriting, improve, help, me, writing, calligraphy, fountain pen, fountain, pen, legible

Sponsored Content

|