Hi From Ballard, Seattle

schlem

Hi Pen People

Had to join so that I can ask a couple of burning questions about my rOtring 600 trio (which I will endeavor to do in the correct forum).

I worked in the U-district (Seattle) in the late 80's/early 90's, right next to the UW bookstore. I always had a bit of a pen/pencil fetish and I delighted in browsing the aisles and searching for the perfect pen (I worked retail). I fell in love with the compact Fisher Bullet Spacepen, and I have had one in my pocket (and can't count the lost ones) ever since. I kept feeding my penlust and when I discovered the rOtring display, I knew I had to have one. At the time, the pens and pencils were a princely $US45 and I never told my wife how much I had spent on, first, a silver 600 MP, and, later, a 600G BP. I put a Fisher Spacepen pressurized insert in the 600G, and it is now the perfect pen. As to the 600 trio, I found it at a garage sale, in gently used condition, for $US5, yes, five. I still carry all three daily, clipped securely in my laptop bag. I saved the black and red gift boxes for years, but eventually tossed them out. <regret>

Super glad to find this resource

Todd

Edited by schlem

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• schlem

• sexauerw

• RMN

• Wahl

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Hi Todd,

Welcome to FPN!

I have several Rotrings, including a pair of 600 fountain pens and a combo that has red and black ballpoints, a pencil and a stylus. The combo has no model number marking but is definitely not a 600.

There is a Seattle Pen Club that meets on the third Saturday of each month in Lake Forest Park from 11:00 AM until 1:00 PM. We're mostly fountain pen folks though, so you may or may not be interested. But you are definitely invited.

Bill Sexauer
http://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/zyNIMDOgTcgMOO/5768697.0/org/p/PCA+++Logo+small.jpghttp://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/zyNIMDOgTcgMOO/5768694.0/org/p/Blk+Pen+Society+Icon.jpghttp://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/TE3TzMUAMMYyNM/8484890.0/300/p/CP04_Black_Legend%2C_Small.jpg
PCA Member since 2006

[ There is a Seattle Pen Club that meets on the third Saturday of each month in Lake Forest Park from 11:00 AM until 1:00 PM. We're mostly fountain pen folks though, so you may or may not be interested. But you are definitely invited. ]

I had no idea! Thanks for the kind invite! I'm on duty next time you meet, but I will try to make it soon.

T

Edited by schlem

Welcome !

The boxes matter only if you intend to sell the pen. I'll probably keep mine until just before cremation,

then it is someone else's worry.

The rapture with membership brilliance in FPN can be distracting and disarming. Did you mention that you had questions ?

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

I had to pay 125 for my 600 lava fountain pen. You did well!

"how do I know what I think until I write it down?"

Greetings and Welcome aboard the FPN!

See with what large letters I have written you with my own hand. GaVIxi

The pen is the interpreter of the soul: what one thinks, the other expresses. (MdC)

Howdy Todd, it's good to meet you. Greetings from northern California and a warm welcome to FPN. It's great to have you here with us.

"Intolerance betrays want of faith in one's cause." - Gandhi -

Welcome! There's a whole circle of "Ink Illuminati" here to answer your questions!

AQ

"Ravens play with lost time."

I had no idea! Thanks for the kind invite! I'm on duty next time you meet, but I will try to make it soon.

T

Seattle Pen Club meetings are on the third Saturday of the month, usually. But about twice a year we hold meetings in Bellingham and usually have both Bellingham and Vancouver, BC, folks there. We just did that in October so it will be a while before we do that again. December is definitely on the normal schedule and I have no reason to doubt that Jan-Feb-Mar will also be on schedule.

The meeting place is the Lake Forest Park Town Mall, there is a conference room adjacent to the Food Court. The Mall is at the intersection of Bothell Way and Ballinger Way. It's easiest if you park on the North (uphill) side of the Mall. The meeting time is 11:00 to 1:00, but people usually start to gather in the Food Court starting about 10:00 and just chat until whoever has the meeting room leaves and we can have the room at 11:00. It's all pretty friendly and informal.

Bill Sexauer
http://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/zyNIMDOgTcgMOO/5768697.0/org/p/PCA+++Logo+small.jpghttp://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/zyNIMDOgTcgMOO/5768694.0/org/p/Blk+Pen+Society+Icon.jpghttp://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/TE3TzMUAMMYyNM/8484890.0/300/p/CP04_Black_Legend%2C_Small.jpg
PCA Member since 2006

Welecome to the forum Todd! Are you my long lost brother from another mother? I'm from Seattle, worked in the University Village, and sold pens there during the 90's. I'm a fan of Rotring and have a pile of their pens, among others. Also a fan of Fisher Space pens (I've only lost one Astronaut- sad face) and like their pens and refills for ballpoint use. I hope you find the answers to your burning questions on your Rotring- I hope I can share any info I gleaned from selling the line for a number of years.

<p><span style="font-size:18px;">"And the final score is No TARDIS, no screwdriver, two minutes to spare. Who da Man!?! (long silence) I am never saying that again. Fine."- The Doctor </span>

Hi Todd and :W2FPN:

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~