The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Montblanc 221/classic/generations ?

montblanc classic 221 generation vintage

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 mbcollector

mbcollector

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 November 2013 - 22:33

Hi everyone,

I bought a new pen recently but I can't say what model it is. I was thinking about the cc 221 but the number is not engraved on the cap, maybe the classic but i have no information about it. Or the generation. Please help me 

Thanks a lot

$(KGrHqJ,!jYFJtP8vh-QBSdPdJEFP!~~60_12.JPG $(KGrHqJ,!nwFJwVP80m7BSdPdrvmjg~~60_12.JPG $T2eC16d,!y8E9s2fk3F3BSdPd5K+s!~~60_12.JPG $T2eC16V,!yMFIcf0PBIcBSdPdjH)5g~~60_12.JPG

Sponsored Content

#2 Dillo

Dillo

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,643 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 23:09

Hi,

It's not the Generation since the Generation has a different cap band. The pen seems to be one of the older Classics. The later classics had a grip section similar to the one on the Generation.

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Dillon

#3 mbcollector

mbcollector

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 November 2013 - 23:57

thanks a lot ! yes I noticed that the genreation does not have the "triangles" on the nib section ! 

and any idea of the years of production ?

thanks for your help !

#4 JLS1

JLS1

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:55

thanks a lot ! yes I noticed that the genreation does not have the "triangles" on the nib section ! 

and any idea of the years of production ?

thanks for your help !

I found this page via Google; scroll down to the Gallery and you'll see a 221, which looks very close to your Classic. Based on the info there, I'd say your pen is probably from late 70's-early/mid 80's(?). Of course, I could be wrong (and have been...often).

HTH!

#5 mbcollector

mbcollector

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:33

I found this page via Google; scroll down to the Gallery and you'll see a 221, which looks very close to your Classic. Based on the info there, I'd say your pen is probably from late 70's-early/mid 80's(?). Of course, I could be wrong (and have been...often).

HTH!

Yes ! you're right, according to this page the classic must have been produced after 1979 but before the generation.

thanks a lot for your help I appreciate !

#6 jar

jar

A Vintage Pen has to be older than me.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,145 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 November 2013 - 14:34

Yes ! you're right, according to this page the classic must have been produced after 1979 but before the generation.

thanks a lot for your help I appreciate !

The transition was 24 ---> 221 ---> early Classic  ---> late Classic ---> Generations with lots of spinoffs like some Monte Rosas and the Carrera and Carressas.

My Sister's website :  Rose Hill Studios

My Website

#7 mbcollector

mbcollector

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:07

The transition was 24 ---> 221 ---> early Classic  ---> late Classic ---> Generations with lots of spinoffs like some Monte Rosas and the Carrera and Carressas.

thnaks again !

very helpful !

#8 colrehogan

colrehogan

Pt Pd

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:11

I have a 221 whose papers called it a 221P.  Any idea what the P stands for? Sorry to hijack the thread.

Smith Premier No. 4

#9 Bernardo

Bernardo

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:15

I have a 221 whose papers called it a 221P.  Any idea what the P stands for? Sorry to hijack the thread.

"P" stands for "Patronen", which means cartridges in German.

#10 colrehogan

colrehogan

Pt Pd

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:25

Thanks!
Smith Premier No. 4

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: montblanc, classic, 221, generation, vintage

Sponsored Content

|