The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Help: Looking For 50's Ballpoint Pen Refill

refill ballpoint pen mont blanc vintage pen schneider express

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Ben31

Ben31

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:44

Hello everyone!

I am quite annoyed. I purchased a 50's Mont Blanc ballpoint pen some time ago and I'm having a hard time finding the good refill.

When i got it, it came along with a Schneider Express 225 Fine refill which plastic bottom had been cut out in order to make its length fit the pen's body. It fitted perfectly but soon ran out of ink. I then learnt the Express 225 Fine refills are no longer produced and purchased a Medium size, thinking it would fit in anyway.

But it didn't: the nib and pre-nib circumferences are a bit too large. The refill easily gets blocked when I am using the pen, and I have to push real hard on the lever to make itget out and again push real hard on the nib to make it get back in. I enclosed pictures of the pen and refill for your information.

I am just causing damages to the pen and need help to find the good refill.
What do you think? Which refill could match it?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

Attached Images

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Mike 59

Mike 59

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 November 2013 - 13:13

Hi,  I don't own any of the refills made by Schneider, but I do have this Waterman refill, and have measured it for the photo.

The blue plastic part at the top is hollow and could be cut down if required.

This is a current Waterman refill and is available in our stationary shops in most high streets.

#3 Ben31

Ben31

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 November 2013 - 14:05

Seems quite suitable to me! The length looks good, what about the nib? Is it a Fine or Medium one? Anyway I will try that, thanks a lot for your help!

If there are other propositions, I will be happy to know. The more I will get, the more chances to find the perfect refill!

#4 jar

jar

A Vintage Pen has to be older than me.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,155 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 November 2013 - 14:47

Seems quite suitable to me! The length looks good, what about the nib? Is it a Fine or Medium one? Anyway I will try that, thanks a lot for your help!

If there are other propositions, I will be happy to know. The more I will get, the more chances to find the perfect refill!

Have you contact MB and asked what refills are available?

My Sister's website :  Rose Hill Studios

My Website

#5 Ben31

Ben31

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 November 2013 - 15:35

Yes I did but they couldn't find any matching refill in their stock and quickly gave up. Although I went to their Paris main store, I felt like I was just making them lose their time, it was a very unpleasant experience.

One of the employees even said this was a fake, arguing they never produced a lever-type ballpoint pen. Well they actually did, i got some proves. Obviously he just learnt about the most modern MB models and assumed any other would be a fake. Quite insulting when you're told this in a store full of customers!

#6 Pelikan Vera

Pelikan Vera

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 November 2013 - 16:12

Bonjour, try cultpens:

http://www.cultpens....er_Refills.html

they have the refill you have in your picture.

Cheerio Vera

#7 Ben31

Ben31

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 November 2013 - 21:31

Bonjour Pelikan Vera,

Thanks a lot for your help!! However these are the Medium refills. I already bought some but they are a bit too large to fit the pen... The best would be a Fine refill but I contacted Schneider and they told me they stopped producing this size.

If you have any other idea, I will be glad to know!
Thanks again!

#8 kdh1959

kdh1959

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 November 2013 - 23:41

Have you tried a Monteverde refill?  Their advertising claims they can fit many different brands.

#9 Ben31

Ben31

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:46

Thanks kdh1959, I didn't know about Monteverde!
I'm going to try that!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: refill, ballpoint pen, mont blanc, vintage pen, schneider express

Sponsored Content

|