The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Nice Ink For Parker Im Premium

j herbin parker

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sandy101

sandy101

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 November 2013 - 23:26

Hello, everyone.

I'm looking for suggestion for inks for my Parker IM premium, which has a converter. I have been using J Herbin's inks and whilst the Sapphire Blue and Opera Red look lovely, they do seem a bit dry for this pen, as I do not get consistent writing with different papers. The Herbin's work with my other converter pens, but the Parker does not seem to like them much.

I used quink through my school days and I'm not keen to use it again - I use FP's for my personal stuff and I like funky colours.

Can anyone suggest a brand that, in their experience, works well?

I have some Pelikan 4001 I could try once the current fill runs out - would Waterman/Pelikan work better than the J Herbin? I like Diamine's sapphire blue, but only have cartridges that won't fit the Parker.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Sponsored Content

#2 bobaroo

bobaroo

My dog has a sock on its nose, and is very happy about it.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 November 2013 - 23:35

I think Waterman and Pelikan inks are pretty good all-rounders, well worth a try before buying something different. I love the Pelikan 4001 turquoise.

#3 The Blue Knight

The Blue Knight

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,780 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 November 2013 - 23:41

Have you tried Parker quink in it? As Quink always works well in every Parker pen I have owned.

I own the following inks Quink Blue, Blue-Black, Waterman Harmonious Green, Sheaffer Skrip Blue, Lamy Turquoise, J.Herbin Bleu Nuit. 

J.Herbin Bleu Nuit seems the driest however is a very nice ink. Sheaffer Skrip is a little wetter however isn't as wet as Quink. You could try Sheaffer Skrip as it seems to be a very good ink and works well in most pens.

To be honest I haven't used the waterman ink enough to provide any feedback however I would say of the blue inks I own Bleu Nuit seems the best as it is fast drying and has a lot of shading however if you want a wetter ink I would go for Skrip as it seems very well behaved and a very cost effective option.

Edited by top pen, 10 November 2013 - 23:52.

#4 ac12

ac12

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,488 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:28

Waterman is more wet than Pelikan.

So given that you are saying it is dry, I would try Waterman ink.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 23-25, 2019 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

#5 The Good Captain

The Good Captain

Gaston F Limoges

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,659 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:23

What about a Diamine? Plenty to choose from and locally-sourced, to boot!

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

#6 Renfield

Renfield

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:11

I have a Parker II premium, and while I really like the pen, it did suffer from a bit of baby bottom, which caused it to skip a little bit too much. That affected all inks, and even now that is sorted, I find the dryer inks still suffer a little bit in it.

As The Captain said, Diamine have plenty to choose from and are generally nice wet inks.

Parker perform well, and I find that they suit Parker pens, although their colour choices are not inspiring.

Posted Image Posted Image

#7 Joe in Seattle

Joe in Seattle

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,487 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:27

+ 1 for Diamine. My all round, overall favourite ink, particularly: Majestic Blue, Oxblood, Teal, Chocolate, and on and on.
"how do I know what I think until I write it down?"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: j herbin, parker

Sponsored Content

|