The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Care To Post Your Dreamtouch Nib Writing Samples?

visconti dreamtouch dreamtouch nib homo sapien homosapien palladium

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mhphoto

mhphoto

Antique

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 November 2013 - 18:14

I'm going to get a bronze Homo Sapiens for Christmas and I'm having a hard time deciding which nib. I'm leaning strongly toward XF, as I do with most soft nibs just because the line variation is all that much more dramatic when you start with a tiny line, but I'm also considering the F, and in the other direction, the BB. 

I'd love to see some Dreamtouch writing samples (of all the different sizes), with and without line variation. And I'm not expecting much variation out of this nib—that's what vintage Watermans are for. :)

Thanks!

fpn_1451747045__img_1999-2.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 GTOZack

GTOZack

ah that Deaf guy.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 November 2013 - 18:23

i know this for sure that you cant get XF ( EF) in midi version      i asked long time ago  

regular bronze and steel   regualr sized and bigger will let u have EF on it 

just my 2 cents 

'The Yo-Yo maneuver is very difficult to explain. It was first perfected by the well-known Chinese fighter pilot Yo-Yo Noritake. He also found it difficult to explain, being quite devoid of English.

So we left it at that. He showed us the maneuver after a sort.  B*****d stole my kill.'

-Squadron Leader K. G. Holland, RAF. WWII China.

#3 mhphoto

mhphoto

Antique

• Premium - Ruby

• 1,932 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 November 2013 - 18:25

i know this for sure that you cant get XF ( EF) in midi version      i asked long time ago  

regular bronze and steel   regualr sized and bigger will let u have EF on it 
  just my 2 cents

Thanks! Definitely getting the bigger version regardless of nib choice. :D

#4 raging.dragon

raging.dragon

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:04

I believe the Bronze fountain pen is only available in the large size. Dreamtouch nibs tend to be wet. My EF has a point toward the finer end of European EF's, but the wet nib combined with a wet ink can result in a line at the broad end of the EF spectrum. The Dreamtouch nibs are soft and springy, and with effort and courage can deliver a bit of line variation, but they don't snap back like a vintage flex nib and I'd worry about springing (permanently bending) the nib.

Edited by raging.dragon, 18 November 2013 - 06:05.

#5 StrawberryJam

StrawberryJam

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 November 2013 - 22:48

Hrm.  Here are a few examples that I found of my writing.   Sorry for the lousy handwriting.  The samples are of a very gushy 14k M nib, one rather dry 14k F nib, three different 18k EF nibs, and a 23k EF nib (the brown colored ink).

krJn998h.jpg?1

IC9NwYMh.jpg

3aT5zIzh.jpg?1

67l40wVh.jpg

P9wBvMrh.jpg

9f61A0L.jpg?1

UgEV5Uh.jpg?1

Edited by StrawberryJam, 18 November 2013 - 22:49.

Current Wishlist:

Visconti, Visconti, and...more Visconti! (And some ST Duponts too). (Ok fine, getting on the Omas and Montblanc trains now too. Toot toot.) (And maybe on the Montegrappa one too, but only for the Miyas.) 

#6 Inkheart

Inkheart

Scribbler

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:40

Sorry for late response, but maybe this could help...

Attached Images

• image.jpg

~April

One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem,
see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

#7 mhphoto

mhphoto

Antique

• Premium - Ruby

• 1,932 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:22

Wow! Thanks for posting the great examples! I officially have an extra fine Bronze Homo Sapiens on the way. :D

#8 Sblakers

Sblakers

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 December 2013 - 19:39

Congrats.! I have fine bronze hs and it writes like a medium. I love it. It's really a fantastic nib and pen

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: visconti, dreamtouch, dreamtouch nib, homo sapien, homosapien, palladium

Sponsored Content

|