The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Pens For Kids - Donate Pens For Children's Education

pens for kids cult pens

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 cultpens

cultpens

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 November 2013 - 15:54

This isn’t about fountain pens. It is about something we think is important, though, and we hope you’ll forgive us for using words like “ballpoint”. We’ll try to stick to ‘real’ pens in future.

From where we sit, surrounded by pens, it doesn't seem right that for some children, being unable to afford a simple ballpoint pen can hold back their education. A lot of you are probably in a similar situation to us - slightly more pens nearby than you really need, and you might be thinking of which to buy next. There’s nothing wrong with that. These simple things in life can bring a lot of pleasure, and do no harm to anyone. If, however, you knew a child who was missing out at school for the lack of a pen, you'd give them a pen. You'd give them a whole pack of pens.

Well, that's just what we're doing - for every pack of pens you donate, we'll match it with another pack, and we'll deliver them to wherever Pens for Kids tell us they're most needed. And with a little help from Staedtler, just £1.50 will send them 20 good quality ballpoint pens. Together, we can give children in some of the poorest places access to an education, and a better start in life.

Donate to Pens for Kids through Cult Pens.

Pens-for-kids.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 watch_art

watch_art

Pen Making Madness

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,492 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 November 2013 - 20:32

This is awesome!!

fpn_1432247667__cropped-20150427_0641231 sigpic14481_1.gif vanness.jpg?t=1321916122

#3 Eccles

Eccles

Growing old disgracefully.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:05

I tried to donate a couple of packs, but the checkout page wants my address (fair enough cos it drops the VAT) and then wants to add 10 quid P&P.

Sorry, but that kinda put me off cos I didn't think it was part of the deal, so I quit.

If you can tell me how to avoid paying 4x the cost in P&P I don't need I'm happy to start again.

Cheers,

Glenn.

#4 orfew

orfew

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 November 2013 - 21:19

I tried to donate a couple of packs, but the checkout page wants my address (fair enough cos it drops the VAT) and then wants to add 10 quid P&P.

Sorry, but that kinda put me off cos I didn't think it was part of the deal, so I quit.

If you can tell me how to avoid paying 4x the cost in P&P I don't need I'm happy to start again.

Cheers,

Glenn.

From the website:

Can I buy these pens without buying anything else?
If you have a UK delivery address and spend more than £10 on them, this will work fine through our checkout, otherwise the checkout will add a shipping charge. If you spend less than £10, or you're outside the UK, we'll remove the shipping charge before we process your order. We don't charge your card at the time you order, so we'll charge the lower amount when we do, and we'll email you to confirm it's been done.

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

#5 cybaea

cybaea

Messsage me

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 November 2013 - 22:20

Great idea! I don't understand why there is VAT on a charitable donation, though.

I am no longer very active on FPN but feel free to message me. Or send me a postal letter!

#6 MisterBoll

MisterBoll

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 00:19

Great thing to do. Please keep us informed of any further developments.

#7 cultpens

cultpens

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:00

Thanks to everyone for their interest, and for any donations.

Great idea! I don't understand why there is VAT on a charitable donation, though.

The main reason is that Pens for Kids isn't a registered charity.  As such, they can't claim back VAT.  If they were, things would probably get complicated with HMRC!

Great thing to do. Please keep us informed of any further developments.

Will do.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pens for kids, cult pens

Sponsored Content

|