Pens For Kids - Donate Pens For Children's Education

cultpens

This isn’t about fountain pens. It is about something we think is important, though, and we hope you’ll forgive us for using words like “ballpoint”. We’ll try to stick to ‘real’ pens in future.

From where we sit, surrounded by pens, it doesn't seem right that for some children, being unable to afford a simple ballpoint pen can hold back their education. A lot of you are probably in a similar situation to us - slightly more pens nearby than you really need, and you might be thinking of which to buy next. There’s nothing wrong with that. These simple things in life can bring a lot of pleasure, and do no harm to anyone. If, however, you knew a child who was missing out at school for the lack of a pen, you'd give them a pen. You'd give them a whole pack of pens.

Well, that's just what we're doing - for every pack of pens you donate, we'll match it with another pack, and we'll deliver them to wherever Pens for Kids tell us they're most needed. And with a little help from Staedtler, just £1.50 will send them 20 good quality ballpoint pens. Together, we can give children in some of the poorest places access to an education, and a better start in life.

Donate to Pens for Kids through Cult Pens.

http://www.cultpens.com/acatalog/Pens-for-kids.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cultpens

• orfew

• cybaea

• MisterBoll

I tried to donate a couple of packs, but the checkout page wants my address (fair enough cos it drops the VAT) and then wants to add 10 quid P&P.

Sorry, but that kinda put me off cos I didn't think it was part of the deal, so I quit.

If you can tell me how to avoid paying 4x the cost in P&P I don't need I'm happy to start again.

Cheers,

Glenn.

I tried to donate a couple of packs, but the checkout page wants my address (fair enough cos it drops the VAT) and then wants to add 10 quid P&P.

Sorry, but that kinda put me off cos I didn't think it was part of the deal, so I quit.

If you can tell me how to avoid paying 4x the cost in P&P I don't need I'm happy to start again.

Cheers,

Glenn.

From the website:

Can I buy these pens without buying anything else?

If you have a UK delivery address and spend more than £10 on them, this will work fine through our checkout, otherwise the checkout will add a shipping charge. If you spend less than £10, or you're outside the UK, we'll remove the shipping charge before we process your order. We don't charge your card at the time you order, so we'll charge the lower amount when we do, and we'll email you to confirm it's been done.

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

Great idea! I don't understand why there is VAT on a charitable donation, though.

I am no longer very active on FPN but feel free to message me. Or send me a postal letter!

Thanks to everyone for their interest, and for any donations.

Great idea! I don't understand why there is VAT on a charitable donation, though.

The main reason is that Pens for Kids isn't a registered charity. As such, they can't claim back VAT. If they were, things would probably get complicated with HMRC!

Great thing to do. Please keep us informed of any further developments.

Will do.