Well Behaving Noodler's For Student

TheAkwardNinja

Ive been posting lately about an ink for me. I have discovered that Parker Black behaves well enough for me on my cheap notebook paper. Does Noodler's have a dark blue/blue ink that behaves without woolly lines, bleed through and see through? I am using an extra fine Safari.

I need some advice, please!!!! :(

Edited by TheAkwardNinja

-Ave María, grátia pléna, Dóminus técum. Benedícta tu in muliéribus, et benedíctus frúctus véntris túi, Iésus. Sáncta María, Máter Déi, óra pro nóbis peccatóribus, nunc et in hóra mórtis nóstrae. Amen.-

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dcwaites

• The Blue Knight

• WayTooManyHobbies

• TheAkwardNinja

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It does depend on the paper, but if it has a lot of bamboo or bagasse in it, then Noodler's Blue or Ottoman Azure will both behave well, much better than Private Reserve or Diamine inks.

I would contact Goulet pens about some samples before you buy a whole bottle.

Another alternative is Waterman Florida (now Serenity) Blue. That behaves better on paper than the Noodler's blues, but isn't quite as vibrant.

I wouldn't bother with any of the Noodler's Bulletproof/Wardens inks, as they do bleed worse than Noodler's Black.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

As you find Parker quink Black nice why not try quink Blue-Black is got a very nice shade to it that you wouldn't expect it have:

http://www.gouletpens.com/Parker_Quink_Permanent_Blue_Black_p/pkr3007100.htm

However if you want something really nice buy a bottle of J.herbin Bleu-Nuit (aka midnight Blue). This is my favourite ink by far as I love the shading it has and find the colour very easy for my eyes to focus on it is a little more expensive than Noodler's however what you loose is quantity you gain in quality it's very pen friendly and won't cause issues with your pens.

http://www.gouletpens.com/J_Herbin_Bleu_Nuit_30ml_Bottled_Ink_p/h130-19.htm

(No affliction with goulet pens, they just show some decent samples of the inks)

+1 on the suggestion for samples - I've had good experiences buying them both from the Goulets and isellpens.com.

I currently have a P51 in the rotation, loaded with 54th Massachusetts. This pen has a pretty wet feed, but the ink is still reasonably behaved on cheap copier paper. Bernake Blue might be another possible candidate.

Eel Blue -- very well behaved, dries quickly enough, nice full blue, lubricated.

Tim

Tim

timsvintagepens.com and @timsvintagepens

Hi-

I'm at university right now and use Noodler's Midnight Blue in my medium Parker Sonnet with regular notebooks, loose leaf, etc. I find it works well with most copy papers but not all.

If I know I have an exam coming I'll switch to Noodler's X-Feather which does not bleed (but has the consistency of motor oil and creeps).

I started the year with several J. Herbin inks and found that they bled a little too much for my tastes, and were too bright to look at page after page.

Also 1+ on the Goulet samples, you can have 5 or 6 and shipping and pay less than $10

My pens: Two Parker 45s, a Parker Jotter, a Pilot Custom 74 smoke demonstrator, a Lamy Studio, a Parker Sonnet Ciselé, and a Duofold International Citrine

Noodler's Black is designed to behave well on all kinds of paper, and I've not tried it on something it couldn't handle, even paper my other inks had problem with.

The recommendation to avoid the Warden series is not a proper blanket under which to put a statement. Bad Green Gator feathers more than a chicken in a dynamite testing zone, but Bad Blue Heron can be used on cheap newsprint without feathering. It's a crossword-suitable ink.

Eel Blue -- very well behaved, dries quickly enough, nice full blue, lubricated.

Tim

It's one of my favorites on a budget.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY