The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button.   I accept the use of cookies

Indian Pens: Which To Buy, Which To Avoid

indian india cheap inexpensive deals indian fountain pens fpr thoughts

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#61 LWJ2

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 August 2014 - 17:32

I was wondering about these pens as well, they seem to be a little less refined in workmanship, compared to others, and as a fair proportion of named Indian brands do not even sign their pens, I was wondering if they are as such, but it might be fruitless if we ask the vendor.

Also, there could very well be smaller provincial makers who just make pens without even using a trade name, so these pens might be those. 

I'm leaning toward "smaller provincial makers"  myself. These aren't as polished, but are pleasant to handle without slipping in the hand. I could put them on my lathe and apply a slurry of Bon Ami, but I really don't care that much for a mirror finish anyhow.

Sponsored Content

#62 Oldtimer

Master of Zero

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 August 2015 - 18:42

My experience with FPR Indian pens: wortless.  i have tried a few and had to throw them in the trashcan. Experienced extrem conditions of blurping, leaking, etc..  I had saved two Serwex nibs and I was able to insert them in a very old Pierre Cardin pen (that's what it says on the clip) that has sentimental value for me. I have had th pen  for around 20 years and I tried experiemnting with the nib until I ruined it.  Now it works fabulously with a SERWEX F nib. Cool.

Now, I am trying an eyedropper for the last time, a Wality  from ASA. I was hoping to get one of the flex nibs on FPR but they don't say on which pens they fit, sooooo.... what can I do? Search the website? Too cumbersome!

Edited by Oldtimer, 06 August 2015 - 18:42.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: indian, india, cheap, inexpensive, deals, indian fountain pens, fpr, thoughts

Sponsored Content