Athens, Greece Pen Meet - Fountain Pen Day (Nov. 1St)

Plume145

Hi!

Okay, so last year I was all set to do something for fountain pen day, then couldn't (stuff got in the way), so I made a firm decision to get involved this year - then promptly forgot all about it until just now :P At such short notice, the only decent thing I can come up with is to use the day for a possible meet up of FPNers and other fountain pen users, nerds, collectors, tinkerers, and assorted folk in the Athens, Greece area.

Anyway, this meeting won't be anything fancy (short notice and all!), but anyone who's into fountain pens is welcome, newbie or old-timer, including those who don't actually live here but are visiting or just passing through :)

To keep things simple, I thought I'd just park myself on a table in the Starbucks on Mitropoleos and wait - nice central location to make getting there as easy as possible, and guaranteed smoke-free so we can natter without getting choked up by the inveterate chain-smokers crowding every other coffee shop in the Athens area ;) I'll show up at six o'clock and stay a couple of hours. If you want to take part, come over any time during :)

So, to sum up:

• What: fountain pen people get together in Athens, Greece
  • When: Friday November 1st, show up 6-8pm
  • Where: Starbucks, the Monastiraki branch - corner of Mitropoleos and Aiolou (Out-of-towners, here's how to find the place; If you're taking the metro you need the MONASTIRAKI stop)

See ya there!

Edited by Plume145

I'm not affiliated with ANY of the brands/retailers/shops/ebay sellers/whatever I mention or recommend. If that ever changes, I will let you know :)

Looking for a cheap Pilot VP/Capless - willing to put up with lots of cosmetic damage.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Plume145

• gistar

• inotrym

Okay, I don't know if there's like a specific process for this kind of thing, but I thought I'd post an update. Nothing exciting - nobody turned up, and I just had a quiet couple of hours at a coffee shop. I had a nice craft book to read, so I wasn't too bored!

I will probably try this again sometime, most likely around the holidays; lots of people from all over Greece tend to visit Athens around that time for Christmas shopping and to visit with loved ones, so there might be more interest :) If you're interested, post or PM so we can coordinate.

I'm not affiliated with ANY of the brands/retailers/shops/ebay sellers/whatever I mention or recommend. If that ever changes, I will let you know :)

Looking for a cheap Pilot VP/Capless - willing to put up with lots of cosmetic damage.

Hey Plum, just saw your last post. I'm sorry nobody responded. :mellow:

To be quite frank I would have probably made it, had I rushed, but I already had plans for that evening and I figured that there would be enough fellows there so that you guys would have a pleasant meeting without me.. :blush:

Edited by inotrym

Truth, I also just saw that, not that I am sure I could manage to attend as I was in the office until 19:30 yesterday. Perhaps a longer plan, and some discussion between the Greek pen lovers for a suitable date might help for the next attempt.

Gistar

Hey Plum, just saw your last post. I'm sorry nobody responded. :mellow:

To be quite frank I would have probably made it, had I rushed, but I already had plans for that evening and I figured that there would be enough fellows there so that you guys would have a pleasant meeting without me.. :blush:

guess others had the same thought! lol. Tbh I'm more surprised that you would think there would be enough people into pens in the Athens area at all, because I for one didn't think there'd be that many of us :P So now I'm starting to wonder if there is actually a pen community in Athens Greece and I somehow managed to miss it so far!

Truth, I also just saw that, not that I am sure I could manage to attend as I was in the office until 19:30 yesterday. Perhaps a longer plan, and some discussion between the Greek pen lovers for a suitable date might help for the next attempt.

Wow, long hours on a friday! And yes, this was definitely short notice :) I'd known that going in but I figured it was still worth posting on the off chance people were able to make it.

I'd thought of doing this again for the holidays, probably in between Christmas and the New Year when lots of people appear to visit Athens anyway, but if there's interest I wouldn't mind setting one up before that :)