Looking To Identify All M100 - M250 Variations

sargetalon

I recently bought my first Pelikan M150. It has a great feel and writes great but I have a question; the nib seems to move from side to side more than any other pen I have. Normal?

Congratulations on the M150. I'm not sure what you mean by "move from side to side" but if that is physical movement of the nib on the feed, then something is wrong somewhere as that should not be the case. There may be an issue with how the nib is seated on the feed or a failure in the collar. These can be screwed out for inspection but I would do so carefully. Also, I would look closely for any cracks in the section. Good luck!

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sargetalon

• rafizip

• daenghafez

• konis

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a M250 Bordeaux/Bordeaux pre 97 with a 12K HM nib. I don't know if you class this as a variation or just a nib option. Hope this helps.

Peter

Congratulations on the M150. I'm not sure what you mean by "move from side to side" but if that is physical movement of the nib on the feed, then something is wrong somewhere as that should not be the case. There may be an issue with how the nib is seated on the feed or a failure in the collar. These can be screwed out for inspection but I would do so carefully. Also, I would look closely for any cracks in the section. Good luck!

Thanks for the info on the nib screwing in place; turns out the nib was loose - 1/3 turn and it's nice and snug

I have a M250 Bordeaux/Bordeaux pre 97 with a 12K HM nib. I don't know if you class this as a variation or just a nib option. Hope this helps.

I've seen a couple of the Pelikan 12K nibs, mostly out of Japan, on a few different models. It's an interesting nib option to be sure but I wouldn't count it as a variation. Thanks!

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

I just purchased a brown tortoise m250, and am anxiously awaiting its arrival. Going by the chart, is this necessarily a Levenger model, and if so, couid someone explain to me the 'FrankenPen' references to this item?

I already had a (recently acquired, new) green marbled m200 with the italic nib, and it has become one of my very favorite writing pens. Upon seeing that the dimensions were the same for the m250, I decided to get it.

post-106017-0-47666100-1402680284_thumb.jpg

post-106017-0-55266300-1402680299_thumb.jpg

post-106017-0-41809500-1402680336_thumb.jpg

post-106017-0-63497100-1402680361_thumb.jpg

Very nice pen and yes, it has been referred to as a "factory built" Frankenpen in the past. Rest assured that this was a legitimate release from Pelikan. The barrel has the trim level of the old style M600 rather than a 250. That trim ring at the piston knob is the only real difference. Enjoy it.

I just purchased a brown tortoise m250, and am anxiously awaiting its arrival. Going by the chart, is this necessarily a Levenger model, and if so, couid someone explain to me the 'FrankenPen' references to this item?

Here's the Pelikan Levenger advert for your peace of mind.

*Advert shared earlier by PJohnP..

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m188/kewlfly/M250BrownTortoiseLevengerAdvert_zps67444da7.jpg

• 1 month later...

I have a red demo with gold trim.

Your list shows the red demo as being a 200, not a 205

The confusing part is the box the seller gave me has 205 printed on it. specifically

"Inhalt:

Fullhalter M 205 F rot"

And the part number on the box is 977 025

The only thing I can think of is that the box might have been switched some time in the past.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

AC, it must be a newer box. So far, 200 has been gold trim and plated nib, and 205 has been rhodium trim and plain steel nib. The newer box, which I'm guessing is blue, must have been labeled for the opaque red and rhodium m205.

AC, it must be a newer box. So far, 200 has been gold trim and plated nib, and 205 has been rhodium trim and plain steel nib. The newer box, which I'm guessing is blue, must have been labeled for the opaque red and rhodium m205.

Figures...wrong box :(

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

• 4 weeks later...

Here is the most up to date list as of 8/12/14. Notable additions (noted in bold font) are suprising findings of variations in the Pre-1997 Demo's in the M2XX line-up. I'm also expanding my list to include the M75 Go! pens. That brings the total range, now including the M75, up to 78 pens. I have inquired to Pelikan in Germany to help confirm or deny some of the variations on this list but a response has not been quick in coming.

M75 Go! (Steel Nib, Gold Plated, Colored Trim) >> 2 Variations

-Black, Turquoise

-Black, Maroon

M100 (Steel Nib, Chrome Plated Trim, 122mm) >> 6 Variations
-Green, Green (Italian Export), Pre-‘97
-Brown, Brown (Italian Export), Pre-‘97
-Red, Red (For Export), Pre-‘97
-Dark Blue, Dark Blue (For Export), Pre-‘97
-Black, Black, Pre-‘97
-White, White, Black Trim, Pre-‘97

M150 (Steel Nib, Gold Plated Trim, 122mm) >> 10 Variations
-Green, Black (Italian Export), Pre-‘97
-Black, Black, Pre-‘97
-Black, Grey, Pre-‘97
-Black, Grey, Post-'97
-Black, Dark Green, Pre-‘97
-Black, Burgundy, Pre-‘97
-Black, Burgundy, Post-‘97
-Blue Transparent Demo., Blue Transparent (Bols – 3000, '94), Pre-‘97
-Green, Black (Galeria Kaufhof), Post-‘97
-Black, Black, Post-‘97

M200 (Steel Nib, Gold Plated Trim, 127/125mm) >> 25 Variations
-Grey Marbled, Black, Post-‘97
-Grey Marbled, Black, Pre-‘97
-Blue Marbled, Black, Post-‘97
-Blue Marbled, Black, Pre-‘97
-Green Marbled, Black , Post-‘97
-Green Marbled, Black , Pre-‘97
-Brown Tortoise Striped, Brown, Pre-‘97
-Black, Black, Post-‘97
-Black, Black, Pre-‘97
-Dark Green, Dark Green, Post-‘97
-Grey/Magenta Marbled, Black (Deutsche Telekom AG, '94), Pre-‘97
-Yellow, Yellow (Citroenpers – 1200, '02), Post-‘97
-Yellow, Yellow (Galleria Kaufhof), Post-‘97
-Anthracite Transparent Demo., Anthracite Transparent Demo., Post-‘97
-Green Transparent Demo., Green Transparent Demo., Post-‘97
-Red Transparent Demo., Red Transparent Demo., Post-‘97
-Blue Transparent Demo., Blue Transparent Demo., Post-‘97
-Amber Transparent Demo., Amber Transparent Demo., Post-‘97
-Clear Transparent Demo., Clear Transparent Demo., Post-‘97
-Clear Transparent Demo., Clear Transparent Demo. (2012 Spec ed.), Post-‘97
-Burgundy, Black, Post-‘97
-Clear Transparent Demo, Clear Transparent Demo, Pre-‘97 TYPE I (+ Cap Top, Single Cap Band)

-Clear Transparent Demo, Clear Transparent Demo, Pre-‘97 TYPE II (* Cap Top, Double Cap Band)

-Green Transparent Demo., Green Transparent Demo., Pre-'97
-Cognac Transparent Demo., Cognac Transparent Demo. (2014 Spec ed.), Post-'97

M205 (Steel Nib, Chrome Plated Trim, 125mm) >> 8 Variations
-Clear Transparent, Clear Transparent, Post-‘97
-Red, Red, Post-‘97
-White, White, Post-‘97
-Black, Black, Post-‘97
-Taupe, Taupe, Post-‘97
-Light Blue Transparent Demo., Light Blue Transparent Demo., Post-‘97
-Neon Yellow DUO Demo., Neon Yellow DUO Demo., Post-‘97
-Neon Green DUO Demo., Neon Green DUO Demo., Post-‘97

M215 (Steel Nib, Chrome Plated Trim, 125mm) >> 4 Variations
-Blue w/ Stripe Pattern, Black, Post-‘97
-Black w/ Ring Pattern, Black, Post-‘97
-Black w/ Lozenge Pattern, Black, Post-‘97
-Black w/ Rectangle Pattern , Black, Post-‘97

M250 (14K Gold Nib, Gold Plated Trim, 127mm) >> 20 Variations
-Bordeaux, Bordeaux, Pre-‘97
-Bordeaux, Bordeaux, Post-‘97
-Black, Black, Pre-‘97
-Black, Black, Post-‘97
-Black, Dark Blue, Pre-‘97
-Black, Dark Blue, Post-‘97
-Black, Dark Green, Pre-‘97
-Black, Dark Green, Post-‘97
-Green Transparent Demo., Green Transparent Demo., Pre-‘97 TYPE I (+ Cap Top, Single Cap Band)

-Green Transparent Demo., Green Transparent Demo., Pre-‘97 TYPE II (Logo Cap Top, Single Cap Band)
-Green Transparent Demo., Green Transparent Demo., Pre-‘97 TYPE III (Logo Cap Top, Double Cap Band)

-Green Transparent Demo., Green Transparent Demo., Pre-‘97
-Clear Transparent Demo., Clear Transparent Demo., Pre-‘97
-Clear Transparent Demo., Clear Transparent Demo., Post-'97
-Brown Tortoise Striped, Brown (Levenger Ed.), Pre-‘97
-Snake, Black (USA Export Only), Pre-‘97
-Blue Marbled, Black (Japan Export), Pre-'97
-Grey Marbled, Black (Japan Export), Pre-'97
-Green Marbled, Black (Japan Export), Pre-'97
-Amber Transparent Demo., Amber Transparent Demo. ('05), Post-'97

M481 (Steel Nib, Gold Plated Trim) >> 3 Variations
-Black, Black (Japan Export – M200), Pre-‘97
-Green, Black (Japan Export – M200), Pre-‘97
-Burgundy, Burgundy (Japan Export –M200), Pre-‘97

78 Variations

Edited by sargetalon

• 2 weeks later...

I have heard back from Jurgen Dittmer over at Pelikan. Per him, there is NO brown M100 or M150 with dark green cap so both of those come off of this list. That means 76 variations now known. I will be hosting this list on my own website in the future for ongoing reference...