Why Is The Sheaffer Legacy Heritage Priced Lower Than Sheaffer Valor

jeremiahk

Hey guys,

I'm interested in Sheaffer pens and I was looking at the inlaid pens. Particularly the flagship Legacy Heritage and Valor. I noticed that most online stores price the Legacy Heritage much lower than the Valor. I'm curious as to why the Valor is not priced lower. That is the price of the Valor is fixed at $295. I can't find a lower priced Valor, but the Legacy Heritage can be found for $248. What maked the Valor so expensive compared to the flagship which can be gotten for a much lower price, though it official price is around $315-340.

Thank you

Jeremiah

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Edwaroth

• Doug C

• Harlequin

• jeremiahk

I have both. and as above 'Markets'. Depends where you are. If you check them tomorrow could be different. Grab what you can !

I wonder if it has to do with the age of both models. The Legacy has been in production since 1995 and the Heritage variant since 2003. The Valor didn't come out until 2006.

Also, there seems to be few retailers selling the Valor. Several authorized Sheaffer dealers that I know of (like Fountain Pen Hospital and IIRC the defunct Art Brown's) didn't even stock the Valor, but they had the Legacy Heritage. Perhaps not as many are being made. I'd love a Valor myself.

Parker: Sonnet Flighter, Rialto Red Metallic Laque, IM Chiseled Gunmetal, Latitude Stainless, 45 Black, Duovac Blue Pearl Striped, 51 Standard Black, Vac Jr. Black, 51 Aero Black, 51 Vac Blue Cedar, Duofold Jr. Lapis, 51 Aero Demi Black, 51 Aero Demi Teal, 51 Aero Navy Gray, Duofold Pastel Moire Violet, Vac Major Golden Brown, Vac Deb. Emerald, 51 Vac Dove Gray, Vac Major Azure, Vac Jr. Silver Pearl, 51 Vac Black GF Cap, 51 Forest Green GF cap, Vac Jr. Silver Pearl, Duovac Senior Green & Gold, Duovac Deb. Black, Challenger Black, 51 Aero Midnight, Vac. Emerald Jr., Challenger Gray Pearl, 51 Vac Black, Duofold Int. Black, Duofold Jr. Red.

Yes, I'd like a Valor myself too! Please let us know if you see a sale on the Valors!

Erick

Using right now:

Visconti Voyager 30 "M" nib running Birmingham Streetcar

Jinhao 9019 "EF" nib running Birmingham Railroad Spike

Stipula Adagio "F" nib running Birmingham Violet Sea Snail

Pelikan M1000 "F" nib running Birmingham Sugar Kelp

I am not aware the Valor is more. The Legacy goes for around 324USD, the Valor about 215 to 250USD as far as I have seen.

My honest opinion is that there is more perceived prestige with the Valor since it is made in Italy. Just my thoughts.

the Danitrio Fellowship

Interesting because almost a year ago my experience was reversed. I have a beautiful brown valor that I paid just over $200 - I think it was $215. It was the Legacy that was considerably more expensive. Seems the Legacy is also more popular - some people just do not like the Valor's looks. I like the Valor better both on looks and lighter weight.

Perhaps the prices will swing around again. Best of luck and just keep watching the prices.

Ken

"If you are going through hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/carrieh/l.png

I have a Valor and it is a GREAT pen. I wouldn't mind having another actually. I don't have any of the Legacy line though. Similarly, I'd jump at the chance to get a Legacy. The Legacy Heritage maybe less so. One is a TD filler style and the other is c/c, right?

If anyone is interested I posted my review of my special Legacy a few years ago (in the review section). it is the first one off the production line. I won it in a world wide contest that Pen World magazine was having when the Legacy was introduced.

Needless to say I will not be selling this...

the Danitrio Fellowship

I think that the Legacy is the better pen, but that's my opinion. Still have a number of Legacys, sold the Valors.

The first Legacys were touchdown or C/C filled. The "gold" converter is identical to the squeeze converter except for the casing. Sheaffer engineers say that they were made to encourage the owner to use the TD filler, but the squeeze works equally well. Later pens are C/C only.

spacer.png
Visit Main Street Pens
A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful vintage pen repair...

Please use email, not a PM for repair and pen purchase inquiries.

Thanks guys for the info. Didn't know there were many fans of modern Sheaffer inlaid nibs such as Legacy Heritage and Valor. From my experience, the entry-level modern Sheaffer pens such as the 300 are very smooth and reliable. My mom promised me a Sheaffer Legacy Heritage if I graduate with flying colours. Hoping for the best.

Jeremiah

• 5 weeks later...

I just gót mine from Amazon at 205 $ plus shipping.

Order lástima friday AND arriving in two days,

will i be able to sleep?