The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Why Is The Sheaffer Legacy Heritage Priced Lower Than Sheaffer Valor

sheaffer legacy heritage valor price

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 jeremiahk

jeremiahk

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:51

Hey guys,

I'm interested in Sheaffer pens and I was looking at the inlaid pens. Particularly the flagship Legacy Heritage and Valor. I noticed that most online stores price the Legacy Heritage much lower than the Valor. I'm curious as to why the Valor is not priced lower. That is the price of the Valor is fixed at $295. I can't find a lower priced Valor, but the Legacy Heritage can be found for $248. What maked the Valor so expensive compared to the flagship which can be gotten for a much lower price, though it official price is around $315-340.

Thank you

Jeremiah

Sponsored Content

#2 jar

jar

A Vintage Pen has to be older than me.

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,077 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 October 2013 - 13:03

Markets.

My Sister's website :  Rose Hill Studios

My Website

#3 Bill Wood

Bill Wood

Bill Wood

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 October 2013 - 14:52

I have both. and as above 'Markets'. Depends where you are.  If you check them tomorrow could be different. Grab what you can !

#4 Florida Blue

Florida Blue

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 October 2013 - 22:25

I wonder if it has to do with the age of both models. The Legacy has been in production since 1995 and the Heritage variant since 2003. The Valor didn't come out until 2006.

Also, there seems to be few retailers selling the Valor. Several authorized Sheaffer dealers that I know of (like Fountain Pen Hospital and IIRC the defunct Art Brown's) didn't even stock the Valor, but they had the Legacy Heritage. Perhaps not as many are being made. I'd love a Valor myself.

Parker: Sonnet Flighter, Rialto Red Metallic Laque, IM Chiseled Gunmetal, Latitude Stainless, 45 Black, Duovac Blue Pearl Striped, 51 Standard Black, Vac Jr. Black, 51 Aero Black, 51 Vac Blue Cedar, Duofold Jr. Lapis, 51 Aero Demi Black, 51 Aero Demi Teal, 51 Aero Navy Gray, Duofold Pastel Moire Violet, Vac Major Golden Brown, Vac Deb. Emerald, 51 Vac Dove Gray, Vac Major Azure, Vac Jr. Silver Pearl, 51 Vac Black GF Cap, 51 Forest Green GF cap, Vac Jr. Silver Pearl, Duovac Senior Green & Gold, Duovac Deb. Black, Challenger Black, 51 Aero Midnight, Vac. Emerald Jr., Challenger Gray Pearl, 51 Vac Black, Duofold Int. Black, Duofold Jr. Red.

#5 langere

langere

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,481 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 October 2013 - 23:08

Yes, I'd like a Valor myself too!  Please let us know if you see a sale on the Valors!

Erick

Currently in Rotation: 

Leonardo Officina Italiana Momento Zero "F" nib running J. Herbin 1670 Rouge Hematite

Guider Mini "EF" nib running Diamine Poppy Red

Moonman M6 "F" nib running Visconti Black

Opus 88 Fantasia "F" nib running J. Herbin 1670 Rouge Hematite

Montegrappa NeroUno Duetto running PR Plum

#6 Edwaroth

Edwaroth

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,144 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:44

I am not aware the Valor is more. The Legacy goes for around 324USD, the Valor about 215 to 250USD as far as I have seen.

#7 Doug C

Doug C

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,420 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:01

My honest opinion is that there is more perceived prestige with the Valor since it is made in Italy.  Just my thoughts.

the Danitrio Fellowship

#8 kkshadow

kkshadow

We are all the same.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:18

Interesting because almost a year ago my experience was reversed.  I have a beautiful brown valor that I paid just over $200 - I think it was $215.  It was the Legacy that was considerably more expensive.  Seems the Legacy is also more popular - some people just do not like the Valor's looks.  I like the Valor better both on looks and lighter weight.

Perhaps the prices will swing around again.  Best of luck and just keep watching the prices.

Ken

"If you are going through hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill

Posted Image

#9 harlequin-RIH

harlequin-RIH

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,791 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:58

I have a Valor and it is a GREAT pen.  I wouldn't mind having another actually.  I don't have any of the Legacy line though.  Similarly, I'd jump at the chance to get a Legacy.  The Legacy Heritage maybe less so.  One is a TD filler style and the other is c/c, right?

#10 Edwaroth

Edwaroth

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,144 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:56

Both modern pens are CC if I remember correctly.

#11 Edwaroth

Edwaroth

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,144 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:59

Check out nibs.com or goldspot.com for prices on both...The Legacy is the more expensive of the two.

#12 Doug C

Doug C

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,420 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 16:24

If anyone is interested I posted my review of my special Legacy a few years ago (in the review section). it is the first one off the production line. I won it in a world wide contest that Pen World magazine was having when the Legacy was introduced. 

Needless to say I will not be selling this...

the Danitrio Fellowship

#13 Ron Z

Ron Z

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,345 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 16:45

I think that the Legacy is the better pen, but that's my opinion.  Still have a number of Legacys, sold the Valors. 

The first Legacys were touchdown or C/C filled.  The "gold" converter is identical to the squeeze converter except for the casing.  Sheaffer engineers say that they were made to encourage the owner to use the TD filler, but the squeeze works equally well.  Later pens are C/C only. 

banner200.jpg
Visit Main Street Pens
A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful vintage pen repair...

Please use email, not a PM for repair and pen purchase inquiries.

#14 harlequin-RIH

harlequin-RIH

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,791 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 18:34

If I were ever able to get one, I would definitely want a TD version, I think.

#15 jeremiahk

jeremiahk

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:54

Thanks guys for the info. Didn't know there were many fans of modern Sheaffer inlaid nibs such as Legacy Heritage and Valor. From my experience, the entry-level modern Sheaffer pens such as the 300 are very smooth and reliable. My mom promised me a Sheaffer Legacy Heritage if I graduate with flying colours. Hoping for the best.

Jeremiah

#16 Albertoco

Albertoco

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 December 2013 - 22:50

I just gót mine from Amazon at 205 $ plus shipping.
Order lástima friday AND arriving in two days,

will i be able to sleep?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sheaffer, legacy heritage, valor, price

Sponsored Content

|