Registration on the Fountain Pen Network
Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.
Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team
FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
"the Golden Thread – The Story Of Writing" – New Book By Ewan Claytoncalligraphy western europe roman alphabet history
Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:17
Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:51
Ohhhh, very nice. Thank you!
Just ordered from the UK (wondering again why we're supposed to pay twice as much on German Amazon...).
Posted 17 October 2013 - 19:05
I posted about this book in another forum a few days ago when I finished reading it. A really brilliant read and highly recommended. The author was interviewed on BBC Radio 4 a few weeks ago. A fascinating man. Might still be available on iPlayer for UK listeners.
Link to a review in the Telegraph (UK) http://www.telegraph...ton-review.html
Verba volant, scripta manent
Posted 17 October 2013 - 19:46
Does look interesting, but not available here till next February, and there's no ebook preorder info...
Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:52
This looks very interesting, and well written from snippets in the Telegraph review, like this: “words remembered because of the season they are chanted in, or because they are sung at the point in the year as the rising sun streams through a particular window of the church, or during the frost… or when the swallows are preparing to leave”.
I tried to download a sample from Amazon.co.uk, but it recognized I was an interloper... Guess I'll have to wait till it's released here.
Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: calligraphy, western, europe, roman alphabet, history
FPN Community →
Brand Focus →
Creative Expressions →
Handwriting & Handwriting Improvement →
Brand Focus →
Writing Instruments →
Fountain & Dip Pens - First Stop →