• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scriptorium Pens

• sumgaikid

• AnnieB123

• aardvarkbark

Renee,

as an owner of two of your pens, I can attest to how beautifully executed they are and also to how wonderful you are to work with! They are also even more beautiful in person than the pictures on the Forum.

Good luck in this endeavor, if beauty and quality are the harbingers of success you have already succeeded!

This post contains 100% recycled electrons

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/Catriker/Pen%20Pics/SmallCzarNikolai.jpg

Is using a plunger filler in one of your pens out of the realm of

possibility? That Balladeer in smoky quartz would look good with

a plunger filler unit in it!

John

Irony is not lost on INFJ's--in fact,they revel in it.

Renee,

as an owner of two of your pens, I can attest to how beautifully executed they are and also to how wonderful you are to work with! They are also even more beautiful in person than the pictures on the Forum.

Good luck in this endeavor, if beauty and quality are the harbingers of success you have already succeeded!

Thanks so much, Dave!

Is using a plunger filler in one of your pens out of the realm of

possibility? That Balladeer in smoky quartz would look good with

a plunger filler unit in it!

John

Right now all I make are cartridge/converter/eyedropper styles. I've experimented with a piston filler, but was not satisfied with the results. I haven't seen any plunger filler mechanisms to purchase. They would be nifty, I agree!

Congratulations Renée, well done !

Wishing you lots of success with your new venture !

Francis

Thanks, Francis!

Fabulous looking pens. I look forward to the day that I place an order!

Thanks, Harriet! I look forward to it, too!

Right now all I make are cartridge/converter/eyedropper styles. I've experimented with a piston filler, but was not satisfied with the results. I haven't seen any plunger filler mechanisms to purchase. They would be nifty, I agree!

The only plunger filler I know of is the one that Fountainbel has on his bulkfiller.

Barring anything else,I think they would have to be found in vintage pens such

as the Conklin Nozac, Eversharp Doric and Sheaffer Snorkel.

John

Irony is not lost on INFJ's--in fact,they revel in it.

• 2 weeks later...

Heavens above... beautiful beautiful pens! I want them -all-. The alabaster and ruby pen made my head swim. I will be in touch. At risk of sounding completely grandiose, your creations are putting checkmarks in the universe's positive balance column. They're wonderful.

Certainly a fitting legacy for all those long ago scribes looking down over history and thinking 'damn, if I'd only had THAT pen...'! :P

Heavens above... beautiful beautiful pens! I want them -all-. The alabaster and ruby pen made my head swim. I will be in touch. At risk of sounding completely grandiose, your creations are putting checkmarks in the universe's positive balance column. They're wonderful.

Certainly a fitting legacy for all those long ago scribes looking down over history and thinking 'damn, if I'd only had THAT pen...'! :P

Wow, thank you!!!

Heavens above... beautiful beautiful pens! .... The alabaster and ruby pen made my head swim.

Mine too! And I intend to order it and another this week once Renee confirms nib availability. Renee has been very helpful with material selection for a second pen, and has answered all my questions promptly and thoroughly. A pleasure to deal with.

Having grown up in Norman OK, I'd normally suggest to re-brand this particular beauty 'boomer-sooner' but since (1) the Tide ARE college football (again) this season, and (2) I'm hoping John Hubbard at bamapen will make my pen box before March so wish no offense to him, I'm perfectly content with the continued reference to this as 'Bama Pen' as it appears on the scriptoriumpens.com home page.

I'm even more pleased to learn that Renee will produce and deliver a pen in less time than it is taking for me to receive a standard production pen from a well-known manufacturer via a US e-tailer.

I'm very excited and look forward to posting pictures of my beauties upon receipt.

Edited by aardvarkbark

Just got back (literally, ten minutes ago) from the Ohio Pen Show. Bought one of Renee's pens from Pendleton Pens this afternoon - an incredible swirl of caramel, blue, gold, and purple acrylic that my friends and I all immediately deemed Mardi Gras. Writes like a dream (thanks to Pendleton) and looks - well, fantastic. I will post a photo later; it is soaking in water right now to remove the ink in the converter. The customer before me bought one of the other two (in fact, the other one my group had been eyeballing), which we christened "Van Gogh-like". So, when I left the show, there was only one other Scriptorium Pen available, I believe.

No affiliation, just one impressed customer.

Sharon in Indiana

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

The Muse in ruby & alabaster appeals strongly to me. But I've been spending too much on pens lately so I'm going to take a rest. But if I were to buy one, that would be it.