Chelpark Crimson Violet: Short Review

Mesu

I was asked not to get the camera when i called Bril regarding the tour. After the tour started, i realized the cameras are not allowed only near the manufacturing process.

Planning another trip soon. Will post when i get the pics.

:thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mesu

• Hema

• RAJIB

• mhguda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the lovely comments Hema.

I have all the colors except Emerald Green :( I have been trying for sometime without success.

It is available in Chennai. Last week I bought Emerald Green & Ruby Red from GEM & CO, T.Nagar. If you want address & phone number, i will post it here.

It is available in Chennai. Last week I bought Emerald Green & Ruby Red from GEM & CO, T.Nagar. If you want address & phone number, i will post it here.

Thanks for the info Vinodh. I looked up Gem & Co address. Will call them.

Ok, I found the "all so hunted Chelpark Emerald Green" Took a bootle for myself although i rarely use green. People in bangalore can get it at sapna store on residency road. Anyone else PM me i will try to send to you. :)

But then i couldn't find the blue black or the violet, so if some one has access to those please let me know.

Edited by akstorm

Ok, I found the "all so hunted Chelpark Emerald Green" Took a bootle for myself although i rarely use green. People in bangalore can get it at sapna store on residency road. Anyone else PM me i will try to send to you. :)

But then i couldn't find the blue black or the violet, so if some one has access to those please let me know.

I have an extra crimson violet. We can swap :D

I have an extra crimson violet. We can swap :D

Ha Ha Ha.... Sure we can but i don't think i will have anything that you wouldn't..... :P

• 2 weeks later...

Blue black is available online with stationerybazaar.com (no affl'n)

Deepak

A lifelong FP user...

• 7 months later...

Am trying to get back to writing with Fountain Pens once again. Just bought the Pierre cadrin black( snapdeal.com ) , and the jinhao T1( asapens.in). Both write great.

I would like to know where I could get fine and medium nibs for them. I hope they are affordable( around Rs 50 per nib)

Also , where can I get green and red inks from Camlin and Chelpark ? .

Currently I am using parker black quink , which works fine, but would like to try other colors.

Am trying to get back to writing with Fountain Pens once again. Just bought the Pierre cadrin black( snapdeal.com ) , and the jinhao T1( asapens.in). Both write great.

I would like to know where I could get fine and medium nibs for them. I hope they are affordable( around Rs 50 per nib)

Also , where can I get green and red inks from Camlin and Chelpark ? .

Currently I am using parker black quink , which works fine, but would like to try other colors.

Jinaho T1 already has medium nib. It is the only nib size available with this pen. unfortunately, Pierre Cardin(manufactured by Flair pens India) also comes with only one nib size. However, you can contact Mr. Subramaniam of ASA Pens. He has other stock nibs available which I guess you will be to swap in your pens.

If you are in Delhi, you can easily get Red and other colors of Camlin. But It is hard to find chelpark inks here. I found camlin red much better than chelpark.

Edited by bk123

"It's simple to be happy but difficult to be simple"

Jinaho T1 already has medium nib. It is the only nib size available with this pen. unfortunately, Pierre Cardin(manufactured by Flair pens India) also comes with only one nib size. However, you can contact Mr. Subramaniam of ASA Pens. He has other stock nibs available which I guess you will be to swap in your pens.

If you are in Delhi, you can easily get Red and other colors of Camlin. But It is hard to find chelpark inks here. I found camlin red much better than chelpark.

Hi , thanks for the reply ... I have heard that red inks corrode pens . How much of it is true ? Is it the same for green ink ?

Also, I have read people saying that Chelpark ink is harmful to your pens , not so sure bout Camlin. Well , in schooldays I used cheap FP's , so didn't bother about these things , but now it would be a shame if I would waste a good FP because of the Ink.

I bought the Jinhao T1 from Asapens.

However , Could someone here share emailid's / contacts of people( in India ) who would be willing to ship inks .

Thanks a lot buddies !! Have a nice day ahead !!

Hi , thanks for the reply ... I have heard that red inks corrode pens . How much of it is true ? Is it the same for green ink ?

Also, I have read people saying that Chelpark ink is harmful to your pens , not so sure bout Camlin. Well , in schooldays I used cheap FP's , so didn't bother about these things , but now it would be a shame if I would waste a good FP because of the Ink.

I bought the Jinhao T1 from Asapens.

However , Could someone here share emailid's / contacts of people( in India ) who would be willing to ship inks .

Thanks a lot buddies !! Have a nice day ahead !!

HI Rajib,

I have been using chelpark for the quite a while now and I don't think it's harmful for the pens. You may probably just have to use some caution in not leaving the pen inked up too long without writing.

Chennai (ASA pens) is a great source for Chelpark ink. I got Torquoise Blue, Green and a new shade called Laurel Rose (reddish pink) from there. I would advise against getting inks shipped through post in India. I got about 8 bottles shipped through Speed post from Chennai to Pune.

It was wrapped very well by ASA pens in bubble wrap and cardboard, but still 3 bottles were broken when I received it. No fault of the supplier, just rough handling by the postal service.

If you have someone travelling from Chennai, ask them to carry it for you.

HI Rajib,

I have been using chelpark for the quite a while now and I don't think it's harmful for the pens. You may probably just have to use some caution in not leaving the pen inked up too long without writing.

Chennai (ASA pens) is a great source for Chelpark ink. I got Torquoise Blue, Green and a new shade called Laurel Rose (reddish pink) from there. I would advise against getting inks shipped through post in India. I got about 8 bottles shipped through Speed post from Chennai to Pune.

It was wrapped very well by ASA pens in bubble wrap and cardboard, but still 3 bottles were broken when I received it. No fault of the supplier, just rough handling by the postal service.

If you have someone travelling from Chennai, ask them to carry it for you.

Hi Venkat ,

Thanks for the suggestions. I want some iridium fine nibs. Just wanted to know if it is possible to place order over phone in ASApens. The ASApens website doesn't list nibs seperately, you have to buy a whole package of all kinds of nibs, which I don't want.

Also, how much is "too long" for Chelpark ink ? - "2 days or 2 weeks" ?

Is the "Laurel Rose" same as "Crimson Violet" ?

Have a nice day ahead ! Good Bye !

Regards,

Rajib Sharma

Hi Venkat ,

Thanks for the suggestions. I want some iridium fine nibs. Just wanted to know if it is possible to place order over phone in ASApens. The ASApens website doesn't list nibs seperately, you have to buy a whole package of all kinds of nibs, which I don't want.

Also, how much is "too long" for Chelpark ink ? - "2 days or 2 weeks" ?

Is the "Laurel Rose" same as "Crimson Violet" ?

Have a nice day ahead ! Good Bye !

Regards,

Rajib Sharma

Hi Rajib

You can email ASA pens, Mr. Subramaniam, and ask him for your requirement, His service is just perfect. He will give you pricing and methods of payment other than the website.

Crimson Violet is not the same as the Laurel Rose, the rose is more pink. The picture is from my phone so I am not sure if you can really get an idea of the shade

http://i.imgur.com/97nihCd.jpg

Keeping ANY ink in a pen for weeks or months, without using it is not recommended. Depending on weather, and other stuff, the ink can dry up in the feed and block it. You will have to disassemble the unit and wash out out and then re-use.

I don't think anything would happen to the nib if you left the pen standing for a few days. I use Chelpark and rotate pens every 3 or 4 days and nothing really has happened to the nib in the last 8 months.

Hope this helps.

BIG ERROR.......

I am terribly sorry to everyone. The Laurel Rose is from BRIL NOT Chelpark. I use Turquoise Blue of Chelpark.

I had filled up the ink in an old chelpark bottle as its easier to use that bottle for dip pens (mouth being wider) and TOTALLY forgot that the ink is made by BRIL.

APOLOGIES..... for any confusion.

@ Rajib, ASA pens will supply you Bril inks too.

Edited by prasadvenkat

Thanks everyone !!

Does anybody know if the Hero 9296 is available in India ? Seems to be a real good pen !

Some international sites have listed it at under $4 ( ~ Rs. 200 ) with free shipping.

Due to RBI reglations and so on , u can't even use the Virtual Credit card nowadays . Paypal doesn't work in India unless u have a real credit card , and I dont want to own one unnecessarily.

Hi , Camel Inks can be found here ( online ) :

http://shreemahavir.in/search.asp?start=0&brand=11&search=+ink

I am looking for a sleek really fine nib pen ... I would want to use it mostly for marking... Does anyone have any idea where the

Hero 9296/Hero 9628/Hero FD123

could be found in India , if etall ?

Edited by RAJIB

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

Reviving this old thread, instead of starting another, since I see that the first page had some great inputs on chelpark, before the thread got diverted from topic (hijacked! :huh: )..

I was looking for a few packs of bril ink here in Pune. I came across Chelpark Blue,black,Red and violet. (so much win!! :bunny01: )

Of course I couldn't dip test the ink (or the cheapie camlin ED I bought :P ) in the store itself, so I just scribbled a line or two, after I came home.

post-108404-0-86558900-1410719519_thumb.jpg

This looks pink in my eyes, neither crimson,nor violet. I do not like this color,neither does my gf. So, I have no use for this. :closedeyes:

Could swap with a sulekha/bril purple, :lticaptd: if only the store stocked them.

Opensuse_2.png http://www.gnu.org/graphics/gnubanner-2.png

Looking for: Camlin pens (minus SD/Trinity/Elegante)

My chelpark crimson violet looks darker to me, and with time becomes darker still. But if you don't like it, try mixing it with blue or green or black, it will give you a darker color - maybe you will like?

My pen may be very dry. In another the ink initially looks like what you posted, however it dries darker, and also shows fantastic shading.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

My chelpark crimson violet looks darker to me, and with time becomes darker still. But if you don't like it, try mixing it with blue or green or black, it will give you a darker color - maybe you will like?

My pen may be very dry. In another the ink initially looks like what you posted, however it dries darker, and also shows fantastic shading.

Don't have Chelpark's blue/black/green, have plenty of waterman and pelikan left to last a year or so. I'd have to check if I can mix them up.. Project for tomorrow morning.

I am actually looking forward to obtaining my first flexie... cheapie, coz don't wanna invest much till I know I like it.

May be I'll keep it for a month or so, before giving it away, or doing a PIF.

Thanks for the suggestion :)

Opensuse_2.png http://www.gnu.org/graphics/gnubanner-2.png

Looking for: Camlin pens (minus SD/Trinity/Elegante)