The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

New Website Has 25% Off Pens

sale pens

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 tjt7a

tjt7a

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 October 2013 - 16:35

Hello everyone,

I used to shop at a pen store in Kansas City, so I get their monthly emails. They're starting a new website: http://www.shoppenplace.com.

To celebrate their opening, they are offering a 25% discount on all of their products using the following coupon code:

newwebsite25%

$45.45 for TWSBI mini (with cheapest shipping) isn't bad. Anyone know of a better deal?

Tom

Sponsored Content

#2 StrawberryJam

StrawberryJam

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:55

Thanks for the heads up!  Do you know how long the coupon code is good for?

Current Wishlist:

Visconti, Visconti, and...more Visconti! (And some ST Duponts too). (Ok fine, getting on the Omas and Montblanc trains now too. Toot toot.) (And maybe on the Montegrappa one too, but only for the Miyas.) 

#3 tjt7a

tjt7a

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:10

According to the email until 1 November.

#4 King Tubby

King Tubby

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:16

I just tried it and the code is not valid.

#5 tjt7a

tjt7a

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 October 2013 - 16:53

That's weird.. it just worked for me.

#6 sparetimefun

sparetimefun

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 October 2013 - 17:16

I used it last night without problems.

#7 SteveE

SteveE

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 October 2013 - 19:41

I haven't tried the coupon but I have bought in person at The Pen Place.  Nice people to deal with, very patient while I was browsing in the store (several visits over a 2-3 year period).  No affiliation, but I still watch their web site and would buy there again.

#8 Biff

Biff

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:19

Coupon code worked for me too, tried it just now. I didn't buy (yet) but applying the code and recalculating got me the discount!

#9 Ted A

Ted A

Collectors Item

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:29

Were you perhaps using something that automaticly corrects spelling? Try cut and paste also
To hold a pen is to be at war. - Voltaire

#10 lbr218

lbr218

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:46

On all of their products, or just pens? I saw your title is "New Website Has 25% Off Pens" but in the body of your post you wrote "they are offering a 25% discount on all of their products."  I'd love to buy an ink from them but I don't know if I should splurge if I don't get the discount.

#11 tjt7a

tjt7a

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:08

According to the email, it says everything, but once you go to the checkout page, enter the code and make sure it works.

Tom

#12 Celerity-dad

Celerity-dad

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:51

Just ordered a couple pens. I added some ink to my cart but the discount didn't count towards it. Very nice price for a TWSBI Vac and a Pilot VP with free shipping. My first pen valued over $100.
When you have pen and ink, every problem needs a piece of paper.

#13 A. Peavey

A. Peavey

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 October 2013 - 00:35

It works for pens but not ink. Thanks for the tip!

#14 kpyeoman

kpyeoman

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:06

No shipping to Canada. :(

#15 Gump

Gump

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 October 2013 - 00:35

Thanks for the link, I like the format of their site quite a bit.

I took this opportunity to pick up a Lamy 2000 at a discount, then.....since I was only $18 dollars away from free shipping I tacked on a TWSBI 580.  $168 total for two pens I've been chomping at the bit to own. :D

#16 Biff

Biff

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:40

I bought a black/blue striated Pelikan M600 w/fine nib and a TWSBI Mini Clear w/medium nib!

Black Friday came early this year, thanks tjt7a!

Edited by Nicolas_Rieussec, 13 October 2013 - 03:46.

#17 Dottie

Dottie

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:43

Thanks, I got a TWSBI mini classic with a stub nib. I've always wanted to try one.

#18 777

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,021 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 October 2013 - 14:04

Dang good prices! I think I'm a gonna snap up a Lamy 2000... And maybe a VP...

Oh boy, the temptation with discounts like this. :)

Need a pen repaired or a nib re-ground? I'd love to help you out.

Posted Image

Colossians 3:17 - And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

#19 StrawberryJam

StrawberryJam

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:27

Just wanted to add another happy customer here!  Picked up the 2012 LE VP with the discount, which was awesome.  Also very happy that I was able to pick the EF nib instead of the standard M nib that the LEs come with.  Even got a call the next day from the store saying that their shipment of EF nibs had not yet arrived, so my pen would be slightly delayed.  Got the pen today (a week after I placed the order).  

I also like how they ship via UPS in the United States, as opposed to USPS.  (I have way too many issues with USPS losing my packages.)

Current Wishlist:

Visconti, Visconti, and...more Visconti! (And some ST Duponts too). (Ok fine, getting on the Omas and Montblanc trains now too. Toot toot.) (And maybe on the Montegrappa one too, but only for the Miyas.) 

#20 TheMadHatter

TheMadHatter

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:31

Just wanted to add another happy customer here!  Picked up the 2012 LE VP with the discount, which was awesome.  Also very happy that I was able to pick the EF nib instead of the standard M nib that the LEs come with.  Even got a call the next day from the store saying that their shipment of EF nibs had not yet arrived, so my pen would be slightly delayed.  Got the pen today (a week after I placed the order).  

I also like how they ship via UPS in the United States, as opposed to USPS.  (I have way too many issues with USPS losing my packages.)

Hmmm, that's odd. Im happy that they did this for you, but I ordered a TWSBI 580 on the 14th and I just emailed them tonight because I havent gotten an email about shipping yet. Apparently it's backordered. They responded very quickly and they told me it would take about a week, but Im still kind of ticked because it still says on the website that the pen is still in stock, but its not enough for me to ask for a refund. Probably wouldn't buy from them again, unless they have a steep discount like this again. Apparently it was a mixture of the huge influx of orders and TWSBI running out of 580's, but I definitely would have appreciated an email. I might be a bit touchy though, and maybe me being upset is a bit unwarranted haha

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sale, pens

Sponsored Content

|