Oldgriz, Aka Tom Mullane - Memorial Service And Donations

wimg

So unreal.... I did not know him personally, or visited his website. But just a short while ago he so proudly showed the beautiful pics his daughter made on vacation, and we made banter about his new avatar. And now that has suddenly come to an end.

My thoughts go to his family.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fabienne

• stevesurf

• OakIris

• terminal

This is very distressing. My deepest sympathies to Tom's family. I will miss his frequent contributions to this site, and to fountain pen culture in general.

Somehow I am still sad about Tom's passing even though I never met him. His last avatar was prescient.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

I'm so sad to read this.

Oldgriz was such an asset to FPN and the fountain pen community at large. I always enjoyed reading his posts and appreciated his expertise and opinion.

He was an expert on Parker, especially his "favorite pen," the Parker 51.

Edited by Florida Blue

Parker: Sonnet Flighter, Rialto Red Metallic Laque, IM Chiseled Gunmetal, Latitude Stainless, 45 Black, Duovac Blue Pearl Striped, 51 Standard Black, Vac Jr. Black, 51 Aero Black, 51 Vac Blue Cedar, Duofold Jr. Lapis, 51 Aero Demi Black, 51 Aero Demi Teal, 51 Aero Navy Gray, Duofold Pastel Moire Violet, Vac Major Golden Brown, Vac Deb. Emerald, 51 Vac Dove Gray, Vac Major Azure, Vac Jr. Silver Pearl, 51 Vac Black GF Cap, 51 Forest Green GF cap, Vac Jr. Silver Pearl, Duovac Senior Green & Gold, Duovac Deb. Black, Challenger Black, 51 Aero Midnight, Vac. Emerald Jr., Challenger Gray Pearl, 51 Vac Black, Duofold Int. Black, Duofold Jr. Red.

My thoughts go out to his family and friends. Tom repaired a number of Sheaffer and Parker pens for me. He was fast, reliable, and we had some great laughs both here and through email. He will be missed.

Todd

I heard about his passing last week from the thread started by his daughter. Even thought I never meet him in person, I was very shocked and saddened by the news. I always enjoyed reading his posts, he will definitely be missed.

My condolences go out to his family.

-Vincenzo

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

—Oscar Wilde

Very sad news indeed ...

Though i never interacted with him online but always learnt many things from his posts..

My prayers are with his family

A very sad thing to happen to someone of his age

Dentist... Guitar player (not playing these days).... And a fountain pen user like all of you!

Wow, I'm really sorry to hear it. It'll be really weird not to see him around.

http://twitter.com/pawcelot

Vancouver Pen Club

Currently inked:

Montegrappa NeroUno Linea - J. Herbin Poussière de Lune //. Aurora Optima Demonstrator - Aurora Black // Varuna Rajan - Kaweco Green // TWSBI Vac 700R - Visconti Purple

I just saw this.

Condolences to the family. He was as asset here. He seemed to truly love his family. I know he will be missed.

Dwight

If at first you succeed,

try not to act surprised.

• 1 month later...

You all are so sweet for your thoughts and prayers, and the website is indeed still up. I wish I knew how to restore pens, all I know is basic maintenance, brands, and models. And with my school schedule I wouldn't have much time to work on the pens regardless.Thank you all so much, I'm sure you're prayers have contributed greatly to the calm that's been passing through our house recently. Thank all of you so much.

I am sad to hear this news. He will be greatly missed. My first 51 Special and my first Parker Vacumatic I purchased from him. He also serviced other pens of mine.

:happycloud9:

Cathy L. Carter

Live. Love. Write.

So sorry to read this news, and so late, too. I might have tried to drive down for the Memorial if I had known but I've been trying to avoid fountain pen purchases and this site always gets me into trouble.

I was just thinking about Tom or Oldgriz as I referred to him as I looked over at a pen I bought from him.

My best wishes for the family.

Zoe

Rest in Peace Old Griz! God Bless his family and friends.

Joi - The Way of the Japanese Pen

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3664/3387580367_f8a1a5c1df.jpg

i had the pleasure of chatting with him on the phone only once, in addition to being an invaluable asset to the community he was funny and just overall a good guy. i will definitely miss his posts. my thoughts and prayers are with the family.

• 3 weeks later...

He was a man to listen too. Such are few and always missed.

My condolences to his family.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

• 8 months later...

I've been away from FPN for a while.

I am very sad to hear of Tom's passing. Old Griz was an intergral part of the community, and he had many friends here.

I've been away from FPN for a while.

I am very sad to hear of Tom's passing. Old Griz was an intergral part of the community, and he had many friends here.

Gone but not forgotten.. actually I just mentioned him in another thread..

Hope his family is doing well.. sigh.

Glad to see you back kenny : )