Oldgriz, Aka Tom Mullane - Memorial Service And Donations

wimg

Dearest Members of the Fountain Pen Network,

As you may have heard, one of our most remarkable members has passed away. For those of you in a position to attend the memorial service in his honour, here is information we received from a good friend of Tom, passed on by his wife:

Per Tom's request, he is being cremated. We will not be waking him first... but holding a memorial service at Davis Funeral Home in Smithsburg, MD on Wednesday October 9th at 7 PM. Receiving friends and family 1 hour before the service.

Memorial Donations can be made to Mari's school...

Barbara Ingram School for the Arts Instrumental Department

C/O William Hollin

7 S. Potomac St.

Hagerstown, MD 21740

Tom's forever friend from early days, Bob Vidile has asked for some ashes to spread in the mountains where they spent so much time hunting and hanging out.

We would like to take the opportunity to offer our heartfelt condolences to Tom's wife and daughter, and those who were close to him.

Warmest regards,

Wim

On behalf of the entire Admin and Moderator Team

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fabienne

• stevesurf

• OakIris

• Bill Wood

Oh no! I'm so very sorry to read this! My heartfelt sympathies and condolences go out to Tom's family and close friends.

Oh, I too am very sorry to hear this. I know that last year Tom was having some health issues and was thinking that he would have to get out of the repair business, but I was sure he would be with us for years to come. I am so glad I had the opportunity to interact with him here on FPN and to buy one of a beautiful restored Parker Vacumatics from him. I thought I would certainly have more conversations with him in the future.

Tom was of great help to me and I will miss him. :(

Holly

Edited by OakIris

He sure was a wonderful person always helping others around here - I know he will be missed by many around here- it's very sad to hear this

I wish I could make it to the service. I will miss Tom.

"If we faked going to the Moon, why did we fake it nine times?" -- Apollo 16 astronaut Charlie Duke

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4009/4447835438_d7314170bf_o.png

I'm so very sorry to hear this. I wish his loved ones comfort and strength in the days ahead.

elizabeth

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.

The important thing is not to stop questioning. --Albert Einstein

A good man, and a great pen collector. I visited his website often. Prayers for his family and friends.

Tom's website is still up, too, with no indication that anything has changed. Makes me sad, but dealing with it is probably not a priority for his family right now. Perhaps someone in Tom's family will carry on from here; surely someone must have "caught" his love for fountain pens.....

Holly

Fair winds and following seas to a good friend and fine craftsman.

Dave Campbell
Retired Science Teacher and Active Pen Addict
Every day is a chance to reduce my level of ignorance.

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

My thoughts and prayers and deepest sympathy to his family. I wish I had more exchanges and time to learn from him. Very sad to see gentlemen and crafsmen pass.

Randy

I hope I can finally meet Tom when I enter the Pearly Gates. We can have a stroll, he can show me around, and meet up with other FP enthusiasts and have a fine time. I really liked OldGriz and will miss him very strongly. RIP Tom. You touched people you never met.See you on the other side. XOXOXO

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

Thoughts and prayers go to his faMily and friends. I admired and always liked Old Griz. He did a lot for FPN and his country.RIP OLD Griz

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

My condolences to his family. Tom was a great FPN contributor, particularly on the Parker, Sheaffer and Repair Q & A sub forums. His knowledge and experience will be sorely missed.

Tom, we will miss you. I will miss your putting me in my place when I needed it. You were a good man.

Fair winds and following seas.

Meet you in Valhalla, Tom.