San Francisco Bay Area Pen Posse

Jerome Tarshis

This:

MB JFK BB; 100th Anniversary M; Dumas M FP/BP/MP set; Fitzgerald M FP/BP/MP set; Jules Verne BB; Bernstein F; Shaw B; Schiller M; yellow gold/pearl Bohème Pirouette Lilas (custom MB-fitted EF); gold 744-N flexy OBB; 136 flexy OB; 236 flexy OBB; silver pinstripe Le Grand B; 149 F x2; 149 M; 147 F; 146 OB; 146 M; 146 F; 145P M; 162 RB

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FarmBoy

• Jerome Tarshis

• lsmith42

• ethernautrix

There's a lot of insider talk and code that I'm not sure I understand, but in any case count me in. wait.. unless we are now all part of a secret organization and we aren't supposed to go around talking about ti. :) [kidding]

Looking forward to it. I'll bring some samples of tomoe river paper if anyone is curious to try it.

Please don't be frightened... It's safe as long as the right people get fed first...

MB JFK BB; 100th Anniversary M; Dumas M FP/BP/MP set; Fitzgerald M FP/BP/MP set; Jules Verne BB; Bernstein F; Shaw B; Schiller M; yellow gold/pearl Bohème Pirouette Lilas (custom MB-fitted EF); gold 744-N flexy OBB; 136 flexy OB; 236 flexy OBB; silver pinstripe Le Grand B; 149 F x2; 149 M; 147 F; 146 OB; 146 M; 146 F; 145P M; 162 RB

Or unless some new waitress forgets to lock the cage after she slides the sheep in.

What the heck. Six no trump.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

What the heck. Six no trump.

You all in?

You all in?

Your bid. Seven IS available.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Your bid. Seven IS available.

I'll take seven then...

I'll take seven then...

You need a suit but I will double.

You need a suit but I will double.

I do indeed need a new suit for my next interview...

I do indeed need a new suit for my next interview...

Your commute would suck ear wax...I have the first half and I don't like it.

Your commute would suck ear wax...I have the first half and I don't like it.

I know, but homelessness would suck worse!

Sorry to interrupt the play with a serious interjection, but I will be bringing a bunch of notebooks -- quite the variety! Mostly pocket-size -- for the Box.

And a monopod.

And probably other stuff.

For newcomers, "for the Box" means FREE! (And yes, there is an actual box.)

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

I've been given a hall pass, so I should be able to make it. Looking forward to it :).

Yes, but, how will we see you? Look for the floating bacon?

In a spirit of levity, I thought when I found out that Loren is actually looking for a job now and may have an actual interview in his near-term future that I should post a link to one of the several threads on FPN addressing the subject "What pen should I take to my job interview?" I think they're funny, those threads. Not entirely ha-ha funny. But here we have a link to a thread that contains what strikes me as a truly wise (and artfully written) posting, by Centopar. I'm too old to have much chance to alienate her affections, but I do think she's got the right idea, and not only about job interviews:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/183995-what-pen-to-carry-to-a-job-interview/page-2

Saw that. Makes fine sense to me. I'll leave the Dumas at home, but Hemingway might get to go!

My boss at Genentech said part of why I got the job was me pulling the Montblanc stainless Solitaire out of my pocket, and that it really was a fountain pen.

Saw that. Makes fine sense to me. I'll leave the Dumas at home, but Hemingway might get to go!

My boss at Genentech said part of why I got the job was me pulling the Montblanc stainless Solitaire out of my pocket, and that it really was a fountain pen.

Take the Esterbrook. The US part of the company doesn't think much of the German site, even though the software is all written there.

I've been too long out of school and too long out of corporate America, maybe, but is taking the Esterbrook a serious suggestion, on the ground that an interviewer would associate an MB with Germany and the German end of the business? One is perhaps giving interviewers too much credit, or not enough. Quite a few would not perceive an Esterbrook as an American pen, IMO, quite a few would have no active sense that the MB is a German pen, and, like the many Jewish photographers who used Leicas and Contaxes and Rolleis all through the 1930s and 1940s, many would not associate the instrument with what they think of the Germans they don't care for. Here I may be overthinking, though.

On a related point, at least one FPNer has been bent out of shape by Centopar's post, linked to above.