The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Broken Pelikan M200, What Can I Do?

pelikan m200

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 birdkiss

birdkiss

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 October 2013 - 22:44

Hello, I am a complete newbie to the fountain pen world.

One of my family members gave me a Pelikan m200,

and when I twisted the back of the pen to fill up, it made a strange squeaking noise.

And.. if you look at the picture, I'm no fountain pen expert, but I can tell it's broken.

I'm not even sure what the part it's broken is called (it is the one next to the pen cap)

I'm wondering if it's even salvageable?

Also.. I was wondering when I'm filling up a Pelikan m200, am I supposed to see it get filled up in the area I circled with red?

Thanks a lot!

Attached Images

• IMG123.jpg
  • IMG125.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 nekosan

nekosan

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 October 2013 - 00:09

I am the eternal optimist, and I would say that yet, it is repairable. I'm not sue how or how much it would cost, though. Not really knowing much either, it looks like part of the piston mechanism broke; it may be as "simple" as purchasing and installing a new mechanism.

Yes, when the pen is working, you will be able to see ink in the clear part which you circled in red; that's the ink window.

And actually - if you have an eye dropper or syringe, you may be able to sorta use the pen as-is. The whole nib unit unscrews. You can try grabbing just the nib and feed and gently unscrewing (don't force it); if you get it out, you can put some ink in, screw the nib back in, and write. :) Actually, if you did want to try that, I would put in water first, to make sure it didn't just flow straight out the back; a watery mess is easier to clean up than an inky mess.

ETA: I did a little bit of searching, and didn't easily find a link for a replacemt piston. The easiest thing to do may be to write Pelikan and ask (there's a page on their site just for repair questions). Good luck!

Edited by nekosan, 04 October 2013 - 00:19.

#3 Sasha Royale

Sasha Royale

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,444 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 October 2013 - 00:24

Of course, it can be fixed.  You will have to decide if the cost is reasonable for you.

More ideas are on the way.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn. 
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen: 
Verweile doch, du bist so schön ! 

#4 nekosan

nekosan

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 October 2013 - 00:37

*nods in agreement with Sasha*

Looking at post #3 of this thread:
http://www.fountainp...lacement-parts/
Yes, you will need to contact a repair person with clue for a replacement part and repair.

#5 TimGirdler

TimGirdler

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:05

The best thing:  Contact Chartpak (the US distributer of Pelikan):  http://www.chartpak....ls/writing.html

Other than that, the only thing you can do is buy a new body from a reputable dealer.  To my knowledge, Pelikan does not sell parts.

Blessings,

Tim

Tim Girdler Pens  (Nib Tuning; Custom Nib Grinding; New & Vintage Pen Sales)
The Fountain Pen: An elegant instrument for a more civilized age.
I Write With: Any one of my assortment of Parker "51"s or Vacumatics

#6 Ricard0

Ricard0

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:01

Dear, you fixed the Pelikan 200 pen? If not, you have an interest in selling? Thank you,

ricardo almeida.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pelikan m200

Sponsored Content

|