Where To Buy Nib/section For Lamy 2000?

heymatthew

Hey guys,

I had a Lamy 2000 and sold it, but really missed it. The other day I jumped on a Lamy 2000 with a 0.6mm stub customized by Mike Masuyama. I really like the nib, but it's way too broad for my liking for everyday use (I can see it coming in handy for special occasions, though). I want to buy a nib and/or section. Preferably something already put together so all I have to do is swap it out.

Worst case scenario is that I can trade someone the Mike-ified nib that I have for a standard Lamy 2000 EF nib as I'll use that way more than this stub. But I'd really like to have it as a second option.

I called Lamy USA and they flat-out refuse to sell me the nib/section for the 2000. They offered a swap. When I explained that I wanted both options, I just got a weird, "Oh, okay...". LOL! I didn't mention the modification as I thought their heads might explode.

Anyone? Anywhere? Have money, will spend.

Edited by heymatthew

No, that's not blood. That's Noodler's Antietam.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• heymatthew

• tijntje

• carlos.q

• ac12

Matthew,

Check this out: http://pointythings.com/pens/noslamy.php

Karl has sold some New Old Stock steel and yellow gold nibs that will fit the L2K (I just traded emails with him today and he has some still remaining). Wont be platinum-plated (or whatever makes the L2K ones silver-colored), but they reportedly fit fine. Can't quote me on the prices (as they are his inventory and he can sell them for what he wants), but I was told $25-$20+ shipping for the steel ones (he had EF-M steel) and $48+ shipping for the yellow gold ones (M, OM, OB, and B available). No sections, but (though I havent tried it) I hear it isn't hard to take the L2K section apart and replace the nib.

It's an option, as I have heard that others have had the same experience as you about buying spare nibs from Lamy.

Sun%20Hemmi2.jpg

Matthew,

Check this out: http://pointythings.com/pens/noslamy.php

Karl has sold some New Old Stock steel and yellow gold nibs that will fit the L2K (I just traded emails with him today and he has some still remaining). Wont be platinum-plated (or whatever makes the L2K ones silver-colored), but they reportedly fit fine. Can't quote me on the prices (as they are his inventory and he can sell them for what he wants), but I was told $25-$20+ shipping for the steel ones (he had EF-M steel) and $48+ shipping for the yellow gold ones (M, OM, OB, and B available). No sections, but (though I havent tried it) I hear it isn't hard to take the L2K section apart and replace the nib.

It's an option, as I have heard that others have had the same experience as you about buying spare nibs from Lamy.

Thanks so much! Just sent him an email!

Best,

Matthew

Ow. My Lamy 2000 fell nib first on the floor a while ago, I had cleaned it and hadn't put the metal ring back that grips the cap to the barrel... A B&M sent it to Germany for me, and I was quoted 125 Euros for a new nib, that's $170. I had them return it unrepaired, I can get brand new Lamy 2000 pens on the good old fleabay for less than that.

It so happens that I also have a Lamy 27 with a cracked cap and a nice wet F nib.. From that pointythings website I understand this nib may fit the Lamy 2000.. My pen is still at the B&M's, but if this is true, this post might just save me from buying a new Lamy 2000!

Oh, and to the OP, the 14k gold colored nib that's on my Lamy 27 is officially an F, but writes a line somewhere between F and M in thickness. It is excellent, so I wouldn't mind frankensteining the Lamy 2000.

Edited by tijntje

Ow. My Lamy 2000 fell nib first on the floor a while ago, I had cleaned it and hadn't put the metal ring back that grips the cap to the barrel... A B&M sent it to Germany for me, and I was quoted 125 Euros for a new nib, that's $170. I had them return it unrepaired, I can get brand new Lamy 2000 pens on the good old fleabay for less than that.

It so happens that I also have a Lamy 27 with a cracked cap and a nice wet F nib.. From that pointythings website I understand this nib may fit the Lamy 2000.. My pen is still at the B&M's, but if this is true, this post might just save me from buying a new Lamy 2000!

Oh, and to the OP, the 14k gold colored nib that's on my Lamy 27 is officially an F, but writes a line somewhere between F and M in thickness. It is excellent, so I wouldn't mind frankensteining the Lamy 2000.

Here you go!

I'm interested to know how it turns out. I'm getting ready to order a steel EF nib from Karl. Thanks to risingsun for the link! You're a life-saver!!!! :D

@risingsun

Thanks for the link.

I have been searching for a F nib for my Lamy 26P for a long time. Lamy USA and Lamy Germany do not have nibs for that pen.

The OB nib that was on the pen just did not work for me.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

Thanks so much! Just sent him an email!

Best,

Matthew

Wow, posting this thread has been a real coincidence! I got information about Karl's website today and just bought two nibs for my Lamy 2000.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so it turned out the Lamy 27 that I have is a Lamy 27e. This is the cigar shaped model that has a nib that's incompatible with the Lamy 2000, it would have to be a later model Lamy 27 with the straight end to the barrel.

Plan B then. On a local auction site I saw a Lamy ratio, this has a nib and feed system that is compatible with the Lamy 2000. I paid 15 euros, 20$ for the pen. It is in a very nice condition by the way, almost a shame to canabalize it to frankenpen the 2000. The Lamy 2000 is the nicer pen with its macrolon and the more substantial heft of course, so I quickly reconciled my slightly troubled conscience by telling myself that maybe other lamy's will come my way to correct the injustice I am doing to the Ratio.

Swapping the nibs was a breeze, after convincing the old ratio to let go of the feed and nib. It took a while before the dried up ink in the section had washed out. I chose to just swap the nibs and not the complete feed system, since the Ratio was much too wet a writer in its original condition.

So now I have the Lamy 2000 in working order. The Ratio nib is a steel nib, Fine, on the scratchy side. This is odd, because the nib looks perfect under a magnifying glass. So I'm still not very happy. I'll have a go at minor nib tweaking with fingernail and maybe micromesh, Fill it with something lubricating like Visconti blue. And if I'm still not completely satisfied I'll be on the lookout for other Lamy 2000 compatible pens to redo the Frankenpenization of the 2000 ;-)

Edited by tijntje

• 4 years later...

Resurrecting an old thread but anyone have a current site to get one of these nibs? I had mine worked on and I'm not feeling the stub on a 2k

Resurrecting an old thread but anyone have a current site to get one of these nibs? I had mine worked on and I'm not feeling the stub on a 2k

Hello--here's an example of one place where you can purchase L2K nibs:

https://www.martiniauctions.com/item/id/Lamy_2000_single_nib_size_M_34082.html

Martini Auctions often has a variety of parts available. You can also email Regina Martini with specific requests. She's very helpful and offers excellent service.

Regards, Robert

No matter where you go, there you are.

Could it be easier to simply try the Classifieds section to see if someone wants to trade their Lamy 2000 with you for their stock nib Lamy 2000? Some people prefer stub nibs.

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

• 3 years later...

Endless pens sells these nibs for $68.00 but are currently sold out. You can sign up to receive notification when they receive new stock.