The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Pelikan Nib Reproduction!

pelikan nib italic stub oblique

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 GSteer

GSteer

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:05

Hmm, 1.3mm Italic and a 0.8mm Stub - 14k ideally.

"...using a fountain pen should feel like riding a unicorn through a field of cupcakes during a rainstorm of scotch while eating bacon" - Dan Smith
"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on" - Billy Connolly

Sponsored Content

#22 Pennata Penna

Pennata Penna

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:57

May I ask what is this poll for? Petition? Wish list? Last attempt to hoarde NOS nibs?
Pie pellicane Iesu Domine, me immundum munda tuo Sanguine – St Thomas Aquinas
"ON THE PLEASURE OF TAKING UP ONE'S PEN", Hilaire Belloc

#23 rrs

rrs

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:11

There is a writing sample (such as my hen scratch is) in the thread "What's your newest edition to the flock?"  Here is a link to my flickr page:

http://www.flickr.co...57631696045458/

I don't seem to be able to post pics here.

Thanks DrCodfish

Checked the writing out, the size seems different from my pen. so could be 1.1 or 1.3.

I'll post a sample from the two nibs that I have!

rrs

#24 rrs

rrs

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:13

Hmm, 1.3mm Italic and a 0.8mm Stub - 14k ideally.

GSteer

Thanks for the input. Is there a specific reason that you said, ideally 14k?

rrs

#25 Tombstone

Tombstone

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:46

For me too many "what if"s...

Based on this a little bit "reality"

- as Pelikan said about one year ago, they will only sto the O-nibs

- BB

- based on this, also the Duos wil keep on coming with BB

- the M800 will still be available with the Italic Broad IB

As already mentioned some time ago - and also based on this decision here: if you want something "special", it will in any case be easier to use a standard nib and send it to a nibmeister - everything else will result in "oh, i don't like this... I don't like that..." or other complains.

There are no facts, there is no truth - just a data to be manipulated...

#26 rrs

rrs

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:05

- BB

As already mentioned some time ago - and also based on this decision here: if you want something "special", it will in any case be easier to use a standard nib and send it to a nibmeister - everything else will result in "oh, i don't like this... I don't like that..." or other complains.

Not sure what point you're trying to put across!

Not sure about Duos, but as far as IB nibs from my understanding these will be or already have ceased production! But I'll check.

rrs

#27 rrs

rrs

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:09

- BB

Do you have a choice of nibs that you would like to see reproduced straight out of the box, instead of sending to nibmeister?

#28 Tombstone

Tombstone

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 September 2013 - 13:31

What I am trying to point across is easy:

As soon, as you talk about "specialties" - and everything outside F/M/B is a specialty - you have the problem that you will NEVER fulfill the wish of every particular customer. Even if you find 5 people in that thread, that state that they want to have a "Stub", you will get 5 different opinions when you let all of them try the same pen. Based on this I do not see a sense in those kind of page filling discussions. You can compare this with cars: even if you create a car, that carries nearly all the customers requests, you will always have somebody that will say it's too hard - others will say it's too soft, one will say, it's too loud - others say, it's not loud enough and so on...

Regarding what I want to have: nothing - I have the complete range of the M80x and the M100x with all available nibs and found what I need, I have no additional request.

Regarding BB and IB I am quite sure - stated by Pelikan themself.

PS: the base for the IB is also because most of the problems with Ox-nibs come from the case that those people do not look for Oblique, but for Italic. So as a result the IB will take over most of the O-requests, if the sales guys understand their job...

Edited by Tombstone, 27 September 2013 - 13:35.

#29 rrs

rrs

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 September 2013 - 13:52

- BB

!!!PLEASE SEE POST BELOW!!!

Edited by rrs, 27 September 2013 - 14:01.

#30 rrs

rrs

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 September 2013 - 13:56

- BB

Firstly many thanks for you're input, after reading you're views I thought I best gain some clarification.

- You're correct in saying Pelikan announced a year ago that they would stop producing Oblique nibs for their pens.

- They also stated that BB & IB nibs will no longer be produced for the Souveran & Classic range.

- The duo's will remain as a BB.If this was not the case there would be no point off this pen in range.

- Any IB nibs that are for M800 is remaining stock filtering through the suppliers. Once this is gone that's it!

Hope this clarifies matters!

Cheers

rrs

#31 Tombstone

Tombstone

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 September 2013 - 14:16

- Any IB nibs that are for M800 is remaining stock filtering through the suppliers. Once this is gone that's it!

This might be the base for the discussion - my source (Pelikan themself) states that the IB will go on. Basically, because it's a separate product. I do not know if this is the same outside Germany, but here the IB comes in a special box and based on special orders.

This will not be changed.

Regarding your note regarding the BB I do not know about the Classic, because I do not use them, so I do not care.

#32 DrCodfish

DrCodfish

neophyte

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 September 2013 - 16:31

Oh my!  I'm dissapointed to hear that the M800 IB nib will go out of production.  This must surely be an expensive nib, but it will only become more so once it is no longer being produced.  where might I find one  for sale here in the US?

#33 rrs

rrs

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 September 2013 - 18:28

Oh my!  I'm dissapointed to hear that the M800 IB nib will go out of production.  This must surely be an expensive nib, but it will only become more so once it is no longer being produced.  where might I find one  for sale here in the US?

Think it's a matter of ringing around and checking with the retailers out in the U.S.

#34 MarkTrain

MarkTrain

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 September 2013 - 00:34

Oh my!  I'm dissapointed to hear that the M800 IB nib will go out of production.  This must surely be an expensive nib, but it will only become more so once it is no longer being produced. 

Strange, I see Farney's have the M800 IB heavily discounted.

#35 RMN

RMN

Ancient Artifact

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,210 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:22

I have the italic special edition they did on the 800, which is a 1.5 nib. It is a good nib but waaayyyy too broad for me. Nice for writing Christmas cards with a good ink.

But not suitable for my everyday writing. I already bought a M nib replacement.

I probably would NOT buy a new pen, but if a cursive italic 1.1 came available in the 800 and 1000 sizes I would buy a replacement nib for each immediately.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, KEEP INSIDE, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

#36 cybaea

cybaea

Messsage me

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:57

Would buy the 1.1 in a heart-beat. And a 0.9 if they did it :)

I am no longer very active on FPN but feel free to message me. Or send me a postal letter!

#37 Korybas

Korybas

The pen is the tongue of the mind

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 October 2013 - 13:14

I would definitely go for a stub and a 1.1 italic, at 14K with a little flex if possible...

Posted Image

#38 GSteer

GSteer

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:30

GSteer

Thanks for the input. Is there a specific reason that you said, ideally 14k?

rrs

Sure RRS. I've only got a few Pelikans but I find the 14C ones I have are quite springy, verging into slightly flexible - I find these to be my preference over the harder nibs I have. It's not simply the fact they are 14C but also the way they were produced, details below about my hard 14C M600.

To give a bit more of an idea these are the Pelikan pen/nib combo's I have in my order of preference (favourite at the top)

M805 14C BB Stub (somewhere around 1-1.3mm, never actually measured it)
M320 14C Medium
M400 14C Oblique Medium
M200 Steel Broad (this is the springiest steel nib I own, kudos to Pelikan for these)
M600 14C Medium (rock hard)

Edited by GSteer, 05 October 2013 - 03:44.

"...using a fountain pen should feel like riding a unicorn through a field of cupcakes during a rainstorm of scotch while eating bacon" - Dan Smith
"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on" - Billy Connolly

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pelikan, nib, italic, stub, oblique

Sponsored Content

|