The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

FPN appearing slow

Dearest Member or Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to a continuing DDoS attack, FPN could be moving only slowly. Hosting Support is dealing with this. The earlier reported hardware issue has been fixed. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Warm regards, the FPN Moderator & Admin Team

Photo

Boston Pen People - Great Meeting Today - Imho!

align & polish nibs wkshp richard binder boston pen people

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Gloucesterman

Gloucesterman

Transformation Coach

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 September 2013 - 00:58

Today Richard Binder provided a workshop to about 20 members of the Boston Pen People. Those present were long time members as well as some first timers who came just for the workshop.

BTW, next meeting is (tentatively?) scheduled for November 17th - location to be announced. http://www.bostonpenpeople.org

Instruction-wise, I lost track of the time as it was both informative and fun to learn how to check out the minute details of the nibs I have long taken for granted. Thye other thing that was bot enjoyable and satisfying was learn how to both align the tines on the nibs and then polish them. Now the sense of "feeling" in my hands/fingers is far from well trained and I could see by using my loupe and feel the difference as I worked on some provided "distorted" nibs.

It was VERy cool to do that. I guess I will be taking a small amount of business away from those people who rely on the "setting up of nibs" as their primary source of business from me. It feels satisfying to be able to do some of my own work and experience the results immediately.

It would take quite a while before I would ever consider working on a a major purchase (expensive) pen and at least I could look at the nib initially and determine it things look "correct".

Thanks to Richard Binder, David Watts, Jr. amd Jim Baer (trained by Richard and assisted in the workshop) for making today an enjoyable, satisfying and profitable, as in more money to buy the pens, day.  :thumbup: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :thumbup:

Sid

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

Sponsored Content

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: align & polish nibs, wkshp, richard binder, boston pen people

Sponsored Content

|