Is Ancora A Buy-At-Your-Risk?

kauloltran

Ancora as far as I know is a Russian company, since their contact information on the main web site is Russian, and you can only buy their pens "in person" at Russian B&M stores. Nobody knows where their workshop is located. I sent them an email about my new Ancora sword that comes with misaligned tines, but I haven't heard from them yet. I recently got an ancora sword from zivpen, though I did take a risk with this purchase knowing the lack of service they provide. The unfortunate thing is the pen has a captive converter filling system, and falsely marketed as piston. One day when it breaks down, I would have to throw the pen away as there is no service to count on. I am quite shocked at the low quality control with these supposedly limited editions that are quite pricey at retail. The tines slide past each other at ease, and the tipping is uneven with one tine having more tipping than the other. I'm also not happy about the falseful marketing claim from Ancora that their pens are made with sterling silver trims. Upon examination, I do not see silver hallmarks anywhere on the trims, which can only suggest that the metal is plated brass. Isn't it required by European law to hallmark sterling? What do you suggest with this brand?

Edited by kauloltran

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• georges zaslavsky

• jchch1950

• kauloltran

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You should have bought from Bryant (chatterleylxuries.com) , I have found that their main website is here and where you can select the languages http://ancora1919.com/. Strange is that there are no silverproof hallmarks. Ask bryant what to do with the pen

Edited by georges zaslavsky

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

I have 4 Ancora pens and two of them had develope problems .Both were send back to Novelli in Rome even if I didn't bight them there.As always I received an extraordinary and helpful aide and the pens were send back to the small factory in Italy .After some weeks the came back I working order and I have been satisfied with them. Ancoras are hand made pens and the design is very nice. Maybe a little expensive but you get a real handmade pen .If you want to buy one I will recommend to get in contact witha good pen dealer in Italy like Marco Novelli an you can have te best advise possible.

I have 4 Ancora pens and two of them had develope problems .Both were send back to Novelli in Rome even if I didn't bight them there.As always I received an extraordinary and helpful aide and the pens were send back to the small factory in Italy .After some weeks the came back I working order and I have been satisfied with them. Ancoras are hand made pens and the design is very nice. Maybe a little expensive but you get a real handmade pen .If you want to buy one I will recommend to get in contact witha good pen dealer in Italy like Marco Novelli an you can have te best advise possible.

That is a solution I think. In France, we have no Ancora retailer.

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time