Mont Blanc Meisterstuck Legrande Ballpoint 10456

Pitagora

Hi,

I want buy this Mont Blanc model, this would be my first true pen. I am in 3d year at the law school and I think the moment has finally come. I never own in the past a branded pen, like I said this will be my first, and I hope not the last, so I please other Mont Blanc owners of this model to help me.

I saw this model for sale on amazon.com at a better priced than on Mont Blanc site, I am talking about 100-120$ less and brand new. This is the link http://www.amazon.com/Blanc-Meisterstuck-Grand-Ballpoint-10456/dp/B005AXRZT6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1379158629&sr=8-2&keywords=mont+blanc+legrand+ballpoint

So do you think this model is 100% brand new and original?

My second question is for Mont Blanc owners from Europe. As I am going to buy that Mont Blanc ballpoint from USA, I want to engrave it in Europe. I live in Romania, and after I talked with Mont Blanc representative here he told me that the best way to have it engraved( if I don't purchase it already engraved) is to send it to Hamburg, Germany and onestly I am a bit scared because I would like to be engraved with the same color like it is displayed on Mont Blanc site.

So, finally, do you think is better price for the buck to buy it for 330$ and engrave it later, or to pay 120$ extra and purchase it directly to Mont Blanc. If money weren't really a problem I wouldn't ask it. I am hunting the better price.

My very best regards

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pitagora

• Penne Stilografiche

• jar

• chiumeister

This one has a better price, is in the same condition as the pen in question, and is being sold from a reputable seller. Plus, it comes with an engraving voucher.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Montblanc-Meisterstuck-LE-GRAND-162-Black-Gold-Rollerball-Pen-NEW-/121175731332?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c36a2ec84

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

—Oscar Wilde

Get a fountain pen. This is a forum about fountain pens, so you are likely to get info about fountain pens, not ball-points, which is a type of pen most of us on this forum choose not to use.

Get a fountain pen. This is a forum about fountain pens, so you are likely to get info about fountain pens, not ball-points, which is a type of pen most of us on this forum choose not to use.

The Montblanc Forum

The place to talk about Montblanc pens both vintage & modern.

I don't see the word "fountain" anywhere in the description of this sub-forum. Although the main focus of this forum is fountain pens, other pens are discussed here too.

—Oscar Wilde

I want to buy a ballpoint because I write a lot, and when I say a lot, I write 20-25 sheets of paper in less then a hour, so with a fountain pen I won't keep it up. I love Mont Blanc fountain pens, they are very unique and very beautiful. I don't know why I lover meisterstuck model, but for now I want a ballpoint, so your suggestions are very welcome. I

The pen on the Amazon site looks authentic, so no problem with buying that one.

Then, if you must have it engraved, send it to Hamburg or take it to a Mb boutique so that they can send it to Hamburg for it to be engraved.

I would never have any pen engraved as it devalues it, but if you wish to have it done then it's best to have it done by Mb.

I want to buy a ballpoint because I write a lot, and when I say a lot, I write 20-25 sheets of paper in less then a hour, so with a fountain pen I won't keep it up. I love Mont Blanc fountain pens, they are very unique and very beautiful. I don't know why I lover meisterstuck model, but for now I want a ballpoint, so your suggestions are very welcome. I

Wow, you are a very quick writer. I honestly think that one can write quicker with a fountain pen as you do not need to apply pressure when writing, but as they say, to each his own.

As for the pen in question, I do not have an answer for you. You are always taking a risk when buying online unless you are buying directly from the manufacture's website. If I were you, I would just buy the pen directly from Montblanc.

In a way, I do agree with Wolverine, though. You will probably get more use out of and enjoy a fountain pen better. Have you ever tried a MB fountain pen out?

—Oscar Wilde

I want to engrave it because I want it to remain it to me( hope not steal, or lose it).I am planning to use it, not to resell it after a time. I am not a collector, so I hope the Mont Blanc will serve well for the purpose that it was made.

I never ever hold in my hands a branded fountain pen/ballpoint, so I never touched a Mont Blanc in the past, so this would be my first experience with it and I hope will not disappoint me, that's why I ask so many questions.

I hope that the pen on the amazon is 100% original, don't want to waste a little fortune on a fake. I am not 100% convinced from where buy it, still undecided. The 120$ makes me think twice

Wow, you are a very quick writer. I honestly think that one can write quicker with a fountain pen as you do not need to apply pressure when writing, but as they say, to each his own.

As for the pen in question, I do not have an answer for you. You are always taking a risk when buying online unless you are buying directly from the manufacture's website. If I were you, I would just buy the pen directly from Montblanc.

In a way, I do agree with Wolverine, though. You will probably get more use out of and enjoy a fountain pen better. Have you ever tried a MB fountain pen out?

I want to engrave it because I want it to remain it to me( hope not steal, or lose it

I don't think a thief would look to see if it is engraved before taking it. Even if he or she did see that it is engraved, what would stop them? I don't think one who would steal such a thing does so with intentions just to keep it and use it. Most likely, it would be listed on ebay before you would even notice that it is gone.

—Oscar Wilde

Stop.

Just stop.

Slow down.

Go to a Montblanc Boutique and try some different pens.

Learn about the pens before you buy anything.

Couldn't have said it better.

—Oscar Wilde

I like Jar's suggestion.

Furthermore, if you're worried about getting a fake from eBay or amazon, deal directly with Montblanc. You will enjoy your pen knowing it is authentic.

Edited by meiers

The LeGrand ballpoint is a very nice pen. I have a gold and platinum version myself and use them when the 146 is not suitable for use.

The Amazon store seems legitimate and seems like a nice price.

I agree with the advice of the others. Go and try the pens at your MB Boutique first and make sure it is the one you want and feels most comfortable for your purpose. Whichever MB pen you choose, I am sure you will love it.

With regards to the engraving, I thought that all MB stores would honour the free engraving regardless of whether you had a voucher or not (that was my expereince in Sydney). I left the pen with them and it was available to pick up after a couple of days. Do you need to send to Hamburg yourself or will the MB store send it for you?

Good luck with the purchase! It is part of the fun.

@jar I can't go to a Mont Blanc representative cause in Romania we don't have one, we only have an authorisate seller on Internet, but I am not sure if they have all modes and if they will allow you to try something before buy. Mont Blanc in Romania is not very popular, because we are a poor country and few Mont Blanc owners are quit healthy businessman who prefer buy them from other countries in their busines trip. Typical you won't find a Mont Blanc in the hands of a student( just in the event that he stole it :)) kidding ).

So you think I can go wrong if I order this from amazon/mont Blanc site? Is any chance that this will not ''suit'' me. I don't have hands quit big. I am 1.78 m and 75 kg, so not supraponderal. I think I am a normal guy.

After I contacted the Mont Blanc seller from Romania he told me that engraving will cost aprox. 20-30 euros depends how many words he engrave. In a civilized country you would have it engraved for free, but here all they want to do is rip you off. A model like I want to buy from amazon is listed at 400-500 euros, make the conversion and see what means in $, with that money you can buy a fountain pen..

After I talked with them they said the engrave machine is not working properly here, like everything else in this country and they suggest me to send it to hamburg, but they didn't mention the shipping cost. I can beat with any of you that this will not be for free. I think a insured shipping to Germany would cost me at least 50 euros. + 20-30 euro engraving = 70-80 euros which is more than 120$ the difference from amazon. But don't forget because I don't live in usa, I also have to support the shipping rates to my country, that's why I hope this pen will worth it and last forever.

Sorry for my big post.

You will also likely get hit with duty, taxes and customs fees if you buy outside Romania.

Even if the authorized seller in Romania will not let you write with the pen, they will let you handle it and see if it feels right.

Some folk like Montblanc ballpoints while others don't so it is certainly possible that it will not suit you. But Montblanc also makes quite a few different sizes and models of ballpoints, the large Legrand, the small Mozart, the Starwalker series and the Boheme off the top of my head, so there are a variety of sizes and shapes. One is likely perfect for you.

But for now, just slow down. Montblanc is not stopping making ballpoints so spend some time learning for yourself if it will "suit" you. None of us can really answer that question.

My Website

Like I said in the previous post, the only model I would like to buy is a meisterstuck legrande. I don't like the others. I know that meisterstuck was the first line introduced by Mont Blanc and for me it has something unique and it is very classical. My only question is if this model legrande ballpoint comes in different sizes like fountain pens, or is just one size? Cause if it's a standard size this is the model I really want.don't have time to measure and compare other ballpoint model, and @ jar because where we have just an authorisate seller, it doesn't have a fizical store. This seller operates just online, so no way I can hands on Mont Blanc...

Like I said in the previous post, the only model I would like to buy is a meisterstuck legrande. I don't like the others. I know that meisterstuck was the first line introduced by Mont Blanc and for me it has something unique and it is very classical. My only question is if this model legrande ballpoint comes in different sizes like fountain pens, or is just one size? Cause if it's a standard size this is the model I really want.don't have time to measure and compare other ballpoint model, and @ jar because where we have just an authorisate seller, it doesn't have a fizical store. This seller operates just online, so no way I can hands on Mont Blanc...

Legrand IS a size. It comes in only one size.

BUT, as I said, MB makes other size ballpoints.

If you have already made up your mind though that "the only model I would like to buy is a meisterstuck legrande" why are you even here asking questions?

Also, just for your information, the Meisterstück was certainly not the first model made by Montblanc.

My Website