We have introduced the Parson's Essential with a solid 18k gold nib (medium non italic) £79.50 plus VAT.

http://mrpen.co.uk/contents/media/flowlittle.png www.mrpen.co.uk

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pjford

• TSherbs

• Harlequin

• jordanjay29

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do I understand correctly that all models are now either standard M 18ct gold nib, OR a choice of steel italic/oblique/stub etc options (Calligraphy nibs)?

And would it be possible to buy the M gold nib plus a few additional steel "calligraphy-nibs", as I understand (from your cleaning video) it is very easy to remove the nib and feed and replace them.?

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Do I understand correctly that all models are now either standard M 18ct gold nib, OR a choice of steel italic/oblique/stub etc options (Calligraphy nibs)?

And would it be possible to buy the M gold nib plus a few additional steel "calligraphy-nibs", as I understand (from your cleaning video) it is very easy to remove the nib and feed and replace them.?

D.ick

We do not supply just nibs, but nib units. It does not make sense to collect nib units for the pens, £29 is the cost of the basic plated version, lot more for gold.

Peter, I remember once how irritated you were over a cancelled order just a few months back. I told you I would order again when I was financially more able to. I have kept that promise and ordered the P.E. in fine cursive italic. I do apologize for that cancellation but it was best for me at the time. I hope to have redeemed myself and hope to order more in the future.

Best Regards,

Eadward

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.

Mark Twain

Peter, I remember once how irritated you were over a cancelled order just a few months back. I told you I would order again when I was financially more able to. I have kept that promise and ordered the P.E. in fine cursive italic. I do apologize for that cancellation but it was best for me at the time. I hope to have redeemed myself and hope to order more in the future.

Best Regards,

Eadward

I traced your original order it had already been packed and franked at the time so we had to lose the £10 postage, so no I was not delirious. I am bound to say that the FPN is not really the place for this.

I traced your original order it had already been packed and franked at the time so we had to lose the £10 postage, so no I was not delirious. I am bound to say that the FPN is not really the place for this.

I agree. That comment should have been in a PM, and not on a forum. I think you demonstrated grace and congeniality just for allowing the order to be cancelled after applying the postage.

Franklin-Christoph, Italix, and Pilot pens are the best!
Iroshizuku, Diamine, and Waterman inks are my favorites!

Apica, Rhodia, and Clairefontaine make great paper!

I agree. That comment should have been in a PM, and not on a forum. I think you demonstrated grace and congeniality just for allowing the order to be cancelled after applying the postage.

Thank you for your comment, I would not have responded at all to 'fountain pages' but the inference was that we were reluctant to accept a cancellation, which would be far from the truth. Customers online have to feel that a supplier would not prove difficult or unhelpful in such circumstances.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, do you have any plans to introduce gold nibs on anything other than medium?

thanks

No plans yet, we have to see how the medium in gold sells.

I would like to see a very dark blue, what I call midnight blue. Just plain lacquered.

There are some blue pens, but these are more medium blue ones, like your marbled.

D.ick

Just look at the Parker Centenial Blue Lapis and match it. I like the blue marble I have, but it is too washed out and disappointing..

If I get another, I'll avoid washed out colors. Navy, Burgandy, Dark Green, all solid strong colors that would get me interested agan.

• 2 months later...

Hi, we are planning a new fountain pen, or rather an old one. Some of you may recall that Sigma Pen Co in the UK used to produce a fountain pen called the 'Style' . When it first came out ten years or so ago, it was beautiful. Entirely hand made in England, beautiful cut threads, and touches like a tiny spring in the barrel to retain the cap when posted. It went down hill a bit, when the pen's production was transferred to Taiwan and expired when the costs got a bit out of control. We have obtained the exclusive rights to the 'Style' design and we are going to have it produced again in the UK, at exactly the same workshops in Sussex where it was originally produced. We plan to offer our usual range of italic and cursive options. The new version will be called the 'English Clerical' and we plan to introduce it around January time 2015. Price has not been decided but we will know that, when the final costings are completed. Will keep you advised.

• 2 months later...

Hi, we are planning a new fountain pen, or rather an old one. Some of you may recall that Sigma Pen Co in the UK used to produce a fountain pen called the 'Style' . When it first came out ten years or so ago, it was beautiful. Entirely hand made in England, beautiful cut threads, and touches like a tiny spring in the barrel to retain the cap when posted. It went down hill a bit, when the pen's production was transferred to Taiwan and expired when the costs got a bit out of control. We have obtained the exclusive rights to the 'Style' design and we are going to have it produced again in the UK, at exactly the same workshops in Sussex where it was originally produced. We plan to offer our usual range of italic and cursive options. The new version will be called the 'English Clerical' and we plan to introduce it around January time 2015. Price has not been decided but we will know that, when the final costings are completed. Will keep you advised.

Will you have a video on this soon? I like the look of the pen but I'd like to see it in a better resolution and from different angles, like in your videos.

Will you have a video on this soon? I like the look of the pen but I'd like to see it in a better resolution and from different angles, like in your videos.

Yes, we certainly will. The pen is now to be called the 'English Curate'. As with all things when using a multitude of contractors there have been delays. However, we should have full production early part of February.

• 3 weeks later...

Perhaps we've been spoiled by the "Parson's Essential", "Captain's Commission" and "Churchman's Prescriptor", but I'm finding the "English Curate" name about 15-20% less evocative. Curate's Confidant?

Edited by Flounder

Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : vintage Pilot Elite Pocket Pen review

Yes, we certainly will. The pen is now to be called the 'English Curate'. As with all things when using a multitude of contractors there have been delays. However, we should have full production early part of February.

Oh what shame; a metal section :-(

I really don't get on with those; too slippery & uncomfortable in use, especially in warm weather. Will have to give this one a miss.

Verba volant, scripta manent

We chose 'English Curate' because the whole pen (except the nib) is made in England, a rarity these days. Barrel and cap lathe turned in Dorset, plating in Sussex, Polishing in Crewe, nib conversion in Ruislip. It is a labour of love, it would be far more sensible to have it made in Germany or the Far East. It is unlikely that we will ever have it made in huge numbers but I am sure many will really enjoy it.

• 3 weeks later...

Your new burgundy is awesome. You need to add ballpoints in the amber and blue marble, and the green, some of us like sets for convenience.

Regards

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

We chose 'English Curate' because the whole pen (except the nib) is made in England, a rarity these days. Barrel and cap lathe turned in Dorset, plating in Sussex, Polishing in Crewe, nib conversion in Ruislip. It is a labour of love, it would be far more sensible to have it made in Germany or the Far East. It is unlikely that we will ever have it made in huge numbers but I am sure many will really enjoy it.

Any update on availability of the Curate please?