Thanks for starting this thread. I think open discussion between producers and the user community is great. It builds loyalty and understanding, rather than the tension that so often characterizes customer/producer interactions.

Glad to hear sales are going well. How many businesses can say that in this economy?

Oh, almost forgot, another vote here for a marbled burgundy and/or a nice marbled forest green, or Br. Racing Green. Having said that, I think my first PE will be black. I only have a few pens, none of which have its understated elegance for formal settings.

Edited by N2theBreach

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pjford

• TSherbs

• Harlequin

• jordanjay29

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe I'll add an Italix PE button to my signature, like my NNS button. Hmmm....

I have only worked for two pen companies, Italix and Sheaffer. Sheaffer back in the 1970's. In those days Parker was the premier brand and Sheaffer its close rival.

http://mrpen.co.uk/contents/media/flowlittle.png www.mrpen.co.uk

These look like very nice pens. I will definitely purchase a Parson's Essential when funds allow.

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Lisa in Raleigh, NC

Hi mr Ford

When will these new colour(s) be on the market?

I was considering your offer of a trio of PE pens, but I suppose now the blue is temporarily not available the trio will not be available ass well? And will it be possible later to make a choice of the colours for the trio, once more colours become available?

if I may pose a side-question here: for that trio I would consider three different size italics --- or stubs....

And there is my question: the terms Stub and Italic are not used in the same way everywhere.

Personally I make a distinction :

Round (=normal) -- Stub ("oval") -- Cursive italic (rounded edges) -- Crisp italic (sharp edges)

On your website I see Stub and Italic. I would like a cursive italic, so with slightly rounded edges. Would I need your stub or your italic?

Thanks

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Hi mr Ford

When will these new colour(s) be on the market?

I was considering your offer of a trio of PE pens, but I suppose now the blue is temporarily not available the trio will not be available ass well? And will it be possible later to make a choice of the colours for the trio, once more colours become available?

if I may pose a side-question here: for that trio I would consider three different size italics --- or stubs....

And there is my question: the terms Stub and Italic are not used in the same way everywhere.

Personally I make a distinction :

Round (=normal) -- Stub ("oval") -- Cursive italic (rounded edges) -- Crisp italic (sharp edges)

On your website I see Stub and Italic. I would like a cursive italic, so with slightly rounded edges. Would I need your stub or your italic?

Thanks

D.ick

Not all the colours suggested will be produced, as a small company we have to be cautious, maybe one or two additions this year.

With regard to nibs, our stub is rounded at the tip, the italic is straight cut. However if a customer had a specific requirement we would do our best the produce the nib for them, this would depend on the limits of the nib as we produce most from the basis of a standard medium. MrPen

I am hooked on the amber look for now (and this pen will be my Christmas request), but now I might be tempted by another color....decisions, decisions....

I have the Parsons Essential 3, in Amber, Blue, and Black. Would gladly order another set in red, green, and brown. Just my humble opinion...

For those who haven't run across it yet, here is Virtual Pen Posse* member Koofle's very recent (as in the past couple of days) review on the Italix PE:

The Inquisitive Quill reviews the Italix Parson's Essential

*You can get to the Virtual Pen Posse chat room by clicking on the banner link in my signature. Just be aware, it doesn't work spectacularly with iPad or Android, but we can tell you some pretty good free apps for those systems once you get in, or you can just ask me about it*

When the first coloured PEs came out, I had my fingers crossed for a deep red version. No luck then, but I would buy one in an instant if it were produced now. Red, black and gold works very well on an Aurora Talentum, but those pens don't have an Italix nib!

After discussions with the factory I think we will opt for a dark green and a burgundy red. I will advise once they have made us up some samples. Thank you for all the wonderful imput. MrPen

After discussions with the factory I think we will opt for a dark green and a burgundy red. I will advise once they have made us up some samples. Thank you for all the wonderful imput. MrPen

Christmas colors! ;)

Mr. Ford, will you be posting pictures here as soon as the actualy colors are finalized, so we can get a look at them?

Additionally, for those who simply can't wait...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mr-Pen-Italix-Parsons-Essential-Fountain-Pen-/200966901258

(although, I personally would advise ordering from Mr.Pen, not only will you be supporting a FP maker but you will have a LOT more choice as well as piece of mind regarding warranty and service)

I'd love Burgundy Red or Dark Green. I have 4 already - Black Medium and Fine, Blue Cursive Stub and Amber Italic.

I'd certainly buy more!! :)

Does the amber look like the ones pictured on his site? And how do you find the stub versus the italic?--Is the italic more difficult to connect letters in normal writing? His nibs are described as so smooth that maybe the stub is not really necessary....Thanks!