I had you on my list when I bought most of the pens several months ago. It was a heck of a list of pens I had added into my collection. The last thing is Italix that is waiting and no doubt I'll be getting at least three Pens from you. So far I guess you have got all my favourite colours.

By the way, I have seen a pen that was offered an extra free nib set was gone. Is it still available or not valid product anymore?

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pjford

• TSherbs

• Harlequin

• jordanjay29

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Italix Originalis offer, with three nibs has ended. Sorry.

http://mrpen.co.uk/contents/media/flowlittle.png www.mrpen.co.uk

Any photos yet of this new Deacon's Doodle? Astonishing price...

The stock should arrive Tuesday the 2nd of January, images will be published as soon as the stock is with us.

Peter bought a Parson's Essential just before Xmas 2016 and has been in rotation ever since just love the pen.

Am about to order a PE rollerball, just wondering if there are any additional colours coming in the rollerball range in the near future?

Greg

"may our fingers remain ink stained"

Handwriting - one of life's pure pleasures

post-13981-0-80544200-1515016455.jpgDeacon's Doodle in stock, can be seen at www.mrpen.co.uk

Edited by pjford

• 4 months later...

Endless speculation over the years as to where in the world 'Italix' pens are made:

Parson's Essential. Barrel and cap made in Taiwan, nib and feed and converter are made in Germany. Nib cut and reground, polished in UK

Churchman's Prescriptor. Barrel and cap made in Taiwan, nib and feed and converter are made in Germany. Nib cut and reground, polished in UK

Captain's Commission. Barrel and cap made in Taiwan, nib and feed and converter are made in Germany. Nib cut and reground, polished in UK

Deacon's Doodle. Made in China

Freshman's Notator. Barrel cap made in Taiwan nib and feed made in China.

Viper's Strike. Barrel and cap made in Taiwan, nib and feed and converter are made in Germany. Nib cut and reground, polished in UK

Imperium Sterling Silver. Made in Germany.

Imperium State. Barrel and cap made in Taiwan, nib and feed and converter are made in Germany. Nib cut and reground, polished in UK

English Curate. Barrel and Cap made in UK, nib unit made in UK, converter is German, Nib cut and regorund, polished in UK.

Commodore's Credential. Barrel and cap made in Taiwan, nib and feed and converter are made in Germany. Nib cut and reground, polished in UK

Originalis is hand made in England from mostly UK components. Converter is German.

So there it is, no single company makes an Italix pen, we source components and commission pens much like the big pen makers do.

• 2 months later...

We have a new fountain pen arriving mid September. The 'Chaplain's Tankard'. High capacity ink bottle piston filler. Twenty nib options. Proposed price just £21 GBP (plus VAT in EU).

We have a new fountain pen arriving mid September. The 'Chaplain's Tankard'. High capacity ink bottle piston filler. Twenty nib options. Proposed price just £21 GBP (plus VAT in EU).

Is an extra fine Italic an option?

I regret not, as the nib will not permit such a conversion, however fine italic and fine cursive is OK.

• 1 month later...

First factory images of the Chaplain's Tankard piston fill fountain pen

41955011_10217484263197885_5404376478341

My Chaplin's Tankard arrive today (ordered yesterday?). With filled engraving and a fine italic nib, looks perfect. Unfortunatly I had only a short play with it as my wife promptly impounded it till by birthday :(

If I can find where its hidden I will see if I can sneak a photo-shoot and dip test while she is not looking.

Edited by GeneralSynopsis

--“Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
Giordano Bruno

$16.34 shipping (to Maine) on a $27 pen. I am waiting for now and seeing what people say about this pen after some reviews come online....

That's just over the lowest tracked price UK to US. The manufacturer isn't responsible for the cost set by Royal Mail.

Regards,

Eachan

Well. Technically a converter is a piston filler. However on the site it is described as a button filler, and also a twist button filler. Twist filler used a sack. I'm confused!

That aside, it seems like a good deal. The step-down through the threads looks managable. Sturdy lacquer over brass, screw cap and an unheard of elsewhere choice of ninteen nibs.

I have a feeling it'll be a long wait for the rhodium version. Oh well. I'll start saving my tanners for a 912.

My psychiatrist told me I can have any pen I want, as long as it's a black flat-top with rhodium trim.

Add lightness and simplicate.

That's just over the lowest tracked price UK to US. The manufacturer isn't responsible for the cost set by Royal Mail.

From the cost point of view, it doesn't matter who is responsible (nor was I suggesting so). It is just a fact.

For me, it makes the cost of the pen over $40, which means I will take a wait and see approach. I don't often spend that kind of money on pens; I will wait and see. Others are free to respond how they wish, of course. I was going to buy one without waiting for reviews, but once the total cost for me went over $35, I just wasn't willing to buy it without waiting for some video reviews. Plenty of others won't hesitate, and perhaps some will post some reviews for the rest of us who take a more deliberate approach.