What Parkers Do You Have In Your Collection?

saaj

1948 Burgundy Parker 51. I love this pen but I always have trouble getting the nib to line up properly.

Allan😀😀

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitto

• inkstainedruth

• Ricky2011

• chromantic

IM. 2 of these

45 desk set

45 Flighter 2

45 two or three others including an A nib

51 Special aero

Latitude Flighter bp

45 Flighter bp/mp set

Classic bp or mp

Insignia bp or mp

Jotter bp

The Classic and Insignia were sets when I got them. All the bp/mp are Flighter, including the Jotter.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

45 Flighter Deluxe

51 Burgundy

1945 Major Vacumatic Golden Pearl

25 Flighter MK II

25 B MK II

I thought you had some beautiful 61s too.

Khan M. Ilyas

Thanks mitto. I see from an earlier post that you have a wide collection including over 200 45s. Have I missed the full list or have you not posted it yet?

"In my early days there were few schools to help us in the pursuit of learning.

If we wanted to climb, we had first to make our own ladders".

Benjamin Brierley (1825-1896),

English weaver and self taught writer/publisher in Lancashire dialect.

Thanks mitto. I see from an earlier post that you have a wide collection including over 200 45s. Have I missed the full list or have you not posted it yet?

My pen storage has become unmanageable for quite some time. Would post sometime in future. Thank you for showing interest.

Khan M. Ilyas

1 x Duofold International M - Blue Marble

4 x 51s, Grey B (MyFathers), Black Gold Cap (1.1 Stub by Greg Minuskin), Black steel cap M, Blue 3rd Gen Gold cap B

2 x Sonnets

3 x Frontiers - 2 fighters one blck, all with black alloy B nibs

3 x 21s - one Fighter and 2 black, all B

9 x 45s - 3 fighters, 4 black (one with giold cap), a blue and red

1 x 88 - Gold plated, B

3 x Vectors 2 black one red

3 x IMs. Fighter, black and brown mattes

7 x Ball pens, including a Sonnet, 3 Jotters, a Forntier and 2 vectors

Which makes Parkers almost a third of my humble 100+ odd pen collection

Edited by jslallar

Enjoy your pens

Have a nice day

Junaid

• 4 weeks later...

Only a modest collection thus far

fpn_1421470125__parker_01.jpg

fpn_1421470199__parker_03.jpg

fpn_1439101844__p51.jpg

fpn_1503897229__parker_61.jpg

The Sonnets, 51 demi special aerometric, 61

Edited by max dog

Only four:

• A Parker 51 demi aero in plum--my favorite pen all around, "My Precious"
  • A Parker 51 full-size aero in burgundy--also a very nice writer
  • A Parker Victory Mk 1 in red marble--has the best nib of any of my pens, of any brand
  • A Parker Duofold junior in black--my cutest pen, so short and stubby

• 1 year later...

I have about 40 (MKI & MKII victories) , 30 Vectors (FP & RB)....

Rick

Member of the Writing Equipment Society.

I think I have examples of most parkers made after 1960 with a couple of 51's and 17's from the earlier model line up.

It would probably take me a couple of days to list them all out.

I may have too many but I'm not sure.

5 x "51"

1 x Duofold Centennial 'pearl and black'

1 x Duofold international

1 x Duofold Junior

1 x Vacumatic

3 x UK Duofolds

1 x Premier (current)

4 x Sonnet

3 x 75

6 x 45

1 x IM Premium

2/3 of my modest assembly and represent the most well known models over 90 years. Happy to sit on these and have no current plans to add to list.

I looked back through this thread and as of last year have added another 51 Aero (Forest Green -- might be a Demi with I think an EF nib), a grey 61 with an F nib, a grey 45 with a B nib, a black striped Duovac, a black Parkette with I think an F nib, and a re-issued French-made Vector (purple with an M nib).

Ruth Morrisson aka instainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Just a guess but I'd say as to numbers something on the mid 50's . Heavy on Vac's and Duofold's from earliest to the latest in the original series . No new Parkers . I have my original 51 that I got from my mama when I started using ink in school . She bought me a new Skrip pen first but I trashed it on the way home the first day . She was kinda ill about that until she saw the front of my brand new white school shirt ! She then gave me her Ceder Blue sterling capped 51 which I have since used in every state in the US and a couple of foreign countries . Got 6 or seven other 51's and a 21 or two .

Just got a near perfect Green Marbled Challenger Deluxe in this mornings mail . Sac is toast but otherwise it is perfect . Have a Double jewel Red Marbled Vac and a Blue Marbled Challenger on the way . Really getting interested in the Challengers , great pens for little money . Really like the old Slim Duofold's with flexi nibs , have the red and blue and will get one eventually in the green .

Eddie

Edited by EdwardSouthgate

I can across this Double Jewel Azure 2nd Gen Maxima Set recently. The imprint on the pen is completely gone, but the gold trim is in fantastic shape - no brassing. The best part is the Azure Pencil at 5-1/4 and the flexible American Vac Nib.

Sorry about the pic quality. Working only with a phone.

post-147033-0-34977600-1546803807_thumb.jpeg

post-147033-0-50068800-1546803820_thumb.jpeg

post-147033-0-59911800-1546803835_thumb.jpeg

• 2 months later...

Parker 75 Ciselle fountain pen

Parker 75 Ciselle Cap actuated BP

Parker Duofold International Blue Marble FP

Parker Duofold Blue Marble BP

Parker Vector Broad Italic Calligraphy pen

Parker Sonnet Ciselle BP

Just had the Duofold ground to cursive smooth italic (was fine point round.) Love it!

Phil

Since my earlier contribution to this thread I have been unable to resist getting the 'Clouds' set of P61's and picked up a Lady Slimfold (which was massively out performed by my P17 Lady pens).

To be honest, modern Parker pens don't do anything for me except the Duofold's, but their prices have gone really silly. And the nicer vintage Parkers are getting to be rather expensive, and are looking to be relatively poor VFM if you wish to use them rather than collect for collecting's sake. It's one of the reasons why I have been so relatively interested in the Chinese pens, the Kaigelu 316 is a creditable simulation of the Duofold Centennial & is cheap enough to play with. Then there is the Wing Sung 601, a P51 vac copy. They are experimenting with ink windows, demonstrators, filler types and new colours. There is now a DJ version. There are alternative nibs available too. It's the sort of cheap pen that allows experimentation while keeping the feel of a high quality pen. It saddens me so much that Parker hasn't offered a similar pen for us to play with.

Regards,

Richard

I have a small collection of Flighters - two 51s, Classic, 180, 50, some early Vectors, 45, 15 with superb B nib, 88 (silver plated, so not a Fighter but close) plus a full range of 25s and a Vector Calligraphy Deluxe set that started all this madness 11 years ago... ;)

Oh, and there is a blue 51 Special - my first flea market find ($2).

Nothing modern except for the calligraphy set.

Off the top of my head, roughly 300 Flighters, 90-100 75s, 50 Duofolds, 30 vintage (pre Duofold), 20 Vacs (3 are Vacuum Fillers), 1st and 2nd year Jotters (I need the demonstrator), 40 prototypes, 40 45s, and one Giant! Probably 50-100 other Parkers. But only about 50 non-Parker pens, most of which are also Stainless Steel.

here is mine taken a few day ago.

post-79370-0-80350600-1554834535_thumb.jpg

post-79370-0-66376900-1554834548_thumb.jpg

post-79370-0-44203200-1554834559_thumb.jpg

Rick

Member of the Writing Equipment Society.