What Parkers Do You Have In Your Collection?

saaj

I started to really get into fps a few months ago, ever since i have been acquiring pens. My collection now contains:

2 Parker Vectors (full gold and Silver GT

2 Parker Frontiers (GT- silver and black)

1 Parker Jotter (SS)

1 Parker 15 (Orange demonstrator)

1 Parker 45 (Blue-14k nib)

1 Parker 61 (Grey)

and finally, a Parker 51 (Teal, English made, 14k nib)

I think i have quite a few nice pens!

What do you have? I am looking forward to seeing all your collections!

Saaj

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitto

• inkstainedruth

• Ricky2011

• chromantic

Note too many yet, but the list is growing

Vector

17 Super

51 Aerometric

51 Vacumatic

61 Capillary

Victory

Duofold Big Red

Early English Duofold

English Duofold AF

English Duofold Centennial

Vacumatic Standard

Vacumatic Junior

Vacumatic Debutante

Slimfold

I think that's the lot.

Paul

As for my collection, is a little one:

A Parker 51 Aerometric, Forest Green 1949, long gold arrow lustralloy cap and medium-bold stub nib (by Oxonian)

A Parker 51 Vacumatic, Cedar Blue 1946, lustralloy cap with a fine nib

A Parker Duofold (contemporary 2002), Lapis Lazuli, with a medium nib

The Duofold I haven't used for ages, but the other two are always inked.

fpn_1355507962__snailbadge.png

5 Vectors - 3 FP and 2 RB

15 - FP and BP

25 - BP

45 - FP, 2 BP and 1 Pencil.

Jotter - 3 BP and 1 Pencil.

Arrow - 1 Pencil.

Classic - BP

Edited by Vendome

Long reign the House of Belmont.

45 Flighter Deluxe

51 Burgundy

1945 Major Vacumatic Golden Pearl

25 Flighter MK II

25 B MK II

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

My little collection

3 Vectors (Blue)

1 Vector Calligraphy set (Black)

1 Jotter / 15 (Black)

1 Reflex (Green)

1 Frontier (Flighter)

1 Sonnet (Matte Black GT)

1 25 (Stainless Steel)

Edited by top pen

Well, so far no vintage Parkers in my collection. However I do have the following:

Frontier - Metallic Burgundy with Black Cap, Med nib

Frontier - Translucent Blue with Silver Cap, Fine nib (actually have two of these, one new in box)

Urban Premium - Metallic Brown, Med nib

-Lee

Including desk pens, I reckon I have about 140 Parkers dating from 1920 or possibly a little earlier, up to around the 1990's.

And the end of all our exploring

Will be to arrive where we started

And know the place for the first time. TS Eliot

Let's see -- I started with a Vector. I now have 5 (all UK-made ones, as it happens, including one in a four-nib calligraphy set. The colors I have are blue (the original one), red, bright blue/turquoise, black (the calligraphy set pen) and a Flighter with some sort of company imprint on it. Other than the one from the set, they're all M and F nibs. I'd have to double check the date codes, but they mostly range from the mid 1980s to 2003.

The other ones in the collection:

Urban (black) -- M nib; this is the replacement pen sent by Parker under warranty after I had too many problems with converters in the first one. Unfortunately, it now A) is a dry and scratchy writer; and B) the feed seems to hold ink and then leak it out of the top of the nib (it's either that or I've found the stable wormhole to the "ink universe".... :huh: [i'd sell this pen, but am not sure I'd actually want to saddle the piece of [expletive deleted] on anyone else....

45 GT Deluxe -- or so I've been told by the more knowledgable folks here (black); it's the first "vintage-ish" pen I ever got (dating probably to the mid-1960s) -- 14K M nib

1947 Vacumatic Debutante [i think] (Blue Pearl) -- 14K F or EF nib

pre-1956 era 21 (red) -- probably F nib [the pen isn't dated, but the nib appears to have a date code of 1953]

1946-48 era 51 Vac (black) -- 14K F (probably) nib; this one is UK made; I bought a hood to replace the chipped one, and traded a generic 51 cap for the 51 Special cap that came on it -- 14K F (probably) nib; it worked for a while, but when I went to flush it out well it stopped taking up liquid, so I'm now saving up for repairs

pre-1956 era 51 Special (burgundy) -- F (probably) nib

pre-1956 era 51 Aerometric (Midnight Blue) -- 14K F (probably) nib; sadly, this one is in need of repairs, because the sac is shot....

1949 51 Aerometric (Plum) -- 14K M (probably) nib; yes, it really *is* Plum (and no, you can't have it -- it's mine, I tell ya! MINE!!!) :lticaptd:

So, all in all, the current stash is thirteen. I've been trying (so far unsuccessfully) for a Silver Pearl Vacumatic....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Edited for typos and bad keyboarding skills....

Edited by inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Okay, I apparently told a lie a little while ago -- I just won an Ebay auction for a Silver Pearl Vac (haven't even told my husband yet, because we've been dealing with other (bleep) on the phone). I hope I haven't paid too much.... Maybe I should go out and buy a lottery ticket tomorrow.

So now, by the end of next week it will be 14 Parkers. :rolleyes:

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I've concentrated on post 1948 Parkers.

I also collect magazines with Parker advertisements. Some of the 1960s Readers Digests are excellent. I recall in one Time advertisement in 1968 the Sterling Silver Parker 75 was advertised at $A39.95, a lot of money then and the Jotter in a Digest was $A25.95.

Erm...

Parker Sonnet with a Broad italic nib

Parker 45 fine nib, rolled gold cap (it was my father's)

Parker 51 Aero black (also my father's)

Parker 51 MkIII Aero Grey with the matching MP

Parker 51 Vac grey

Parker 45 flighter

Parker 45 harlequin

Parker vector

Parker Duofold Jr (red)

I don't like making lists anymore... I start wondering how the hell do I end up with so many pens...

Worse... I make the list and I remember I really want a parker vacumatic... damnit! I really should stop coming around here :D

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. - Winston Churchill

P17, a few

P17 Super

P17 Lady, several

P21

P21 Super

P25 black.

P51, a few

P61, quite a few

P100

Sonnet

Latitude

Vector, quite a lot. Mostly broken.

Duofold Centennial & International

Frontier

Edited to add a couple I'd forgotten, as the first three are eminently forgettable:

Profile (US 'IM Mk1')

IM

Urban

Rialto (black)

P65

Regards,

Richard

Far too many - probably over 200. I know i have over 70 P51's of various sorts!

WOW! Can't imagine how much time it took to collect all of those! I thought that a 20 pen collection was big, but now....

Let's see -- I started with a Vector. I now have 5 (all UK-made ones, as it happens, including one in a four-nib calligraphy set. The colors I have are blue (the original one), red, bright blue/turquoise, black (the calligraphy set pen) and a Flighter with some sort of company imprint on it. Other than the one from the set, they're all M and F nibs. I'd have to double check the date codes, but they mostly range from the mid 1980s to 2003.

The other ones in the collection:

Urban (black) -- M nib; this is the replacement pen sent by Parker under warranty after I had too many problems with converters in the first one. Unfortunately, it now A) is a dry and scratchy writer; and B) the feed seems to hold ink and then leak it out of the top of the nib (it's either that or I've found the stable wormhole to the "ink universe".... :huh: [i'd sell this pen, but am not sure I'd actually want to saddle the piece of [expletive deleted] on anyone else....

45 GT Deluxe -- or so I've been told by the more knowledgable folks here (black); it's the first "vintage-ish" pen I ever got (dating probably to the mid-1960s) -- 14K M nib

1947 Vacumatic Debutante [i think] (Blue Pearl) -- 14K F or EF nib

pre-1956 era 21 (red) -- probably F nib [the pen isn't dated, but the nib appears to have a date code of 1953]

1946-48 era 51 Vac (black) -- 14K F (probably) nib; this one is UK made; I bought a hood to replace the chipped one, and traded a generic 51 cap for the 51 Special cap that came on it -- 14K F (probably) nib; it worked for a while, but when I went to flush it out well it stopped taking up liquid, so I'm now saving up for repairs

pre-1956 era 51 Special (burgundy) -- F (probably) nib

pre-1956 era 51 Aerometric (Midnight Blue) -- 14K F (probably) nib; sadly, this one is in need of repairs, because the sac is shot....

1949 51 Aerometric (Plum) -- 14K M (probably) nib; yes, it really *is* Plum (and no, you can't have it -- it's mine, I tell ya! MINE!!!) :lticaptd:

So, all in all, the current stash is thirteen. I've been trying (so far unsuccessfully) for a Silver Pearl Vacumatic....

Edited for typos and bad keyboarding skills....

This made my day! :lticaptd: You're collection is very nice! the 45 was also my first vintage pen!

I also collect magazines with Parker advertisements. Some of the 1960s Readers Digests are excellent. I recall in one Time advertisement in 1968 the Sterling Silver Parker 75 was advertised at $A39.95, a lot of money then and the Jotter in a Digest was $A25.95.

That's very interesting! I didn't expect a jotter to be so much! Thanks for the info!

Burgundy "51" Special, M Octanium nib
Black Vacumatic, 1946 date code, M 14k nib (see pictue on left)
Black "45", M steel nib

I like the "51", need a vac and an aero or two.

Edited by bhbarto

Well,

Parker 50 Falcon Binderize
Parker Frontier Flighter GT Fine
Parker IM Brushed Metal CT Medium Pendleton Point
Parker IM Gunmetal CT Fine Binderize
Parker IM Lacquered Black GT Fine Binderize
Parker IM Matte Black GT Medium Pendleton Point
Parker Latitude Flighter Gold Trim Fine
Parker Rialto Matt Black GT Fine
Parker Sonnet Flighter CT Medium Pendleton Point Flex
Parker Sonnet Matt Black 18K Fine Nib Adjusted Michael Masuyama
Parker Sonnet Matt Black 18K Medium
Parker Vector Black Fine
Parker Vector Black Stripe Medium
Parker Vector Blue Fine
Parker Vector Flighter Fine

Surprising thing is I have yet to have a Parker which I personally grind/smoothen yet.

Edited by studiohead

From The Sunny Island of Singapore

Straits Pen Distributors and Dealers of Craft Rinkul, JB Perfect Pen Flush, Ohto Japan, Parker, Pelikan, Pilot Pen, Private Reserve Inks, Schrade Tactical Pens, Smith & Wesson Pens, Noodler's Ink LLC Pens, TWSBI Inc and Waterman in Singapore

Disclosure: I do nib work for others and am affiliated with those which do. I also sell and represent certain brands of pens.