Lamy Safari With Lamy Blue Cartridges

deepuais

Hi all,

I bought a Lamy Safari pen with a Fine nib. It comes with a Lamy blue cartridge. But the writing becomes lighter as I write. The blue line just fades! Which ink should I use? I am new to FPs and their inks. Can you please guide me?

I basically want such an ink which is dark in colour and which does not fade upon continuous writing.

Thanks.

Deepak

Thanks and regards,

Deepak BM

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• deepuais

• doctor_cip

• Mesu

• Sailor Kenshin

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Deepak,

I don't know what you're budget is, (or what is available in India); however, if you favor dark blues, you can NEVER go wrong with Visconti Blue. For a little less money and a little more ink, I'd also recommend Diamine Midnight or Blue-Black, (but be advised that both of these inks lean more to black than to blue).

Also available in India, I THINK, is Quink Permanent Blue - it isn't as rich as Visconti or as dark as Midnight - but it is cheap, readily available and has a nice blue color. What is more, it has EXCELLENT performance qualities. Make sure you do not get Quink Washable Blue - that fades out as you write - much like the stuff you have and do not like. ;)

EDIT: Hopefully others will chime in, because I just recalled from a while back; I think India may not get the good Quink Permanent Blue, there's a couple of different versions of it floating around I think. If you can get the one that is made in France, go for it. :)

Hope this helps.

All the best,

Sean :)

:W2FPN:

Edited by corniche

https://www.catholicscomehome.org/

"Every one therefore that shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father Who is in Heaven." - MT. 10:32

"Any society that will give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both." - Ben Franklin

Thank you Our Lady of Prompt Succor & St. Jude.

Hi all,

I bought a Lamy Safari pen with a Fine nib. It comes with a Lamy blue cartridge. But the writing becomes lighter as I write. The blue line just fades! Which ink should I use? I am new to FPs and their inks. Can you please guide me?

I basically want such an ink which is dark in colour and which does not fade upon continuous writing.

Thanks.

Deepak

Hello Deepak,

I am also from bangalore. I have been using Diamine Jet Black with my Lamy Vista Safari Charcoal (M nib). All shades of Diamine inks are available at William Penn showrooms in Bqngalore. You can also check out pensavenue. c o m also for the inks. Diamine 30 ml is available for Rs 325 (~6$). Is worth the price.

Diamine Denim is a very nice dark blue that flows beautifully from my Preppy. Don't see why it shouldn't do the same in a Safari.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

Hello Deepak,

Welcome to FPN.

Pensavenue.com is a good source of inks. You get Diamine, J.Herbin and Private Reserve inks. Diamine Sargasso Sea and Private Reserve Electric blue are good blue inks.

Hi,

Dear Sean, Visconti is not available in India :-(

I ordered Diamine (Sargasso Sea), because as you said, Quink's quality is not good in India.

Thanks Doctor_cip, Kenshin and Mesu!

For black, I ordered Sheaffer Skrip Ink, which many said is good! But I will also try out Diamine Jet Black!

Thanks for all others.

Thanks and regards,

Deepak BM

For black, I ordered Sheaffer Skrip Ink, which many said is good! But I will also try out Diamine Jet Black!

Jet Black is more like dark grey than black. If you are looking for a deep saturated black, try Diamine Onyx black.

Cheers...

Hi all, I bought a Lamy Safari pen with a Fine nib. It comes with a Lamy blue cartridge. But the writing becomes lighter as I write. The blue line just fades! Which ink should I use? I am new to FPs and their inks. Can you please guide me?

Welcome to FPN! This is a relatively common problem with Lamy cartridges. Particularly a lighter color like Lamy blue.

Not sure if bottled ink with a converter is a possibility, but Lamy blue-black has a darker color that might suit you whether from a bottle or cartridge. Cheap too.

Diamine has a bunch of darker blue inks you might like. Some good suggestions already. I'll add Majestic Blue and Sapphire Blue to the list.

Edited by fourseamer

Jet Black is more like dark grey than black. If you are looking for a deep saturated black, try Diamine Onyx black.

Cheers...

Hmmm, point taken :-)

Thanks and regards,

Deepak BM

Welcome to FPN! This is a relatively common problem with Lamy cartridges. Particularly a lighter color like Lamy blue.

Not sure if bottled ink with a converter is a possibility, but Lamy blue-black has a darker color that might suit you whether from a bottle or cartridge. Cheap too.

Diamine has a bunch of darker blue inks you might like. Some good suggestions already. I'll add Majestic Blue and Sapphire Blue to the list.

Lamy blue ink in its cartridge is really not up to the mark. I mean, it fades and is non-waterproof. It just does not give a consistent performance. I expected much more from this Lamy ink :-)

May be Lamy has better inks!

And yes, Diamine seems far better. Just waiting for the shipment and to try it out!

Thanks and regards,

Deepak BM

Thanks Soum.

I have tried Bril, Chelpark and Camlin, but found all of them unfit.

Deepuais, You can also try the Diamine Sargasso Sea ink also. It's a saturated blue with minimal shading or graying.

Today, I wrote with Sheaffer Skrip Black Ink. It is pure bliss!

My next try will be Diamine Sargasso Sea :-)

Thanks and regards,

Deepak BM