Was The Ib (Italic Broad) M800 Nib A Special That Has Now Stopped?

Sach

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sach

• Pterodactylus

• Cerbervs

• Guy007

Top Posters In This Topic

It may be suffering the same fate as BB, 3B and Oblique which have been discontinued.

http://www.pelikanpens.co.uk have in their nibs section the italic 1.5mm ( I guess broad ? ) so still available currently. It states only for M800, so it was special for that pen.

Your best bet is to call them if you are in the UK.

The IB wil be the last one of the "special" nibs in the M800, while the "O"-nibs will be cancelled.

It was just somehow "special", because it normally comes in a special box and was just available with the M800 (not the M805).

But you can get it in every configuration you want - I actually have a silver-blue M805 and a Tortoise with the IB...

There are no facts, there is no truth - just a data to be manipulated...

There are so many conflicting stories about the Pelikan nibs I'm so very confused! I thought that the IB nib was introduced for the very reason that it was to replace the oblique nibs, as Pelikan had determined that when individuals sought the obliques, what they actually wanted was an italic. I wanted to swap a nib to an italic the other week, and contacted Pelikanpensuk, who informed me that this nib too, had been discontinued.

If you want a broad italic nib, my suggestion is to talk to John Sorowka, let him know what you would like and see what he can offer.

He ground a BB nib to an italic for my M600.

You will have to ask Mottishaw to regrind for you as an Italic because those won't be available anymore

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Avalon pens just sold me an 800 IB and the price was discounted actually a bit lower than the "standard" F, M, B nibs. If they are indeed going to be discontinued my suggestion is get one while you can, they are superb. vinper

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Most Contributions

1. amberleadavis
      amberleadavis
    2. PAKMAN
      PAKMAN
    3. Ghost Plane
      Ghost Plane
    4. inkstainedruth
      inkstainedruth
    5. jar
      jar
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Comments

• Shanghai Knife Dude
      I have the Sailor Naginata and some fancy blade nibs coming after 2022 by a number of new workshop from China.  With all my respect, IMHO, they are all (bleep) in doing chinese characters.  Go use a bush, or at least a bush pen. 
    • A Smug Dill
      It is the reason why I'm so keen on the idea of a personal library — of pens, nibs, inks, paper products, etc. — and spent so much money, as well as time and effort, to “build” it for myself (because I can't simply remember everything, especially as I'm getting older fast) and my wife, so that we can “know”; and, instead of just disposing of what displeased us, or even just not good enough to be “given the time of day” against competition from >500 other pens and >500 other inks for our at
    • adamselene
      Agreed.  And I think it’s good to be aware of this early on and think about at the point of buying rather than rationalizing a purchase..
    • A Smug Dill
      Alas, one cannot know “good” without some idea of “bad” against which to contrast; and, as one of my former bosses (back when I was in my twenties) used to say, “on the scale of good to bad…”, it's a spectrum, not a dichotomy. Whereas subjectively acceptable (or tolerable) and unacceptable may well be a dichotomy to someone, and finding whether the threshold or cusp between them lies takes experiencing many degrees of less-than-ideal, especially if the decision is somehow influenced by factors o
    • adamselene
      I got my first real fountain pen on my 60th birthday and many hundreds of pens later I’ve often thought of what I should’ve known in the beginning. I have many pens, the majority of which have some objectionable feature. If they are too delicate, or can’t be posted, or they are too precious to face losing , still they are users, but only in very limited environments..  I have a big disliking for pens that have the cap jump into the air and fly off. I object to Pens that dry out, or leave blobs o
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Files