The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Teachers’ Day Is Coming ,i Wanna Give A Pen To My Teacher!

fountain pen

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 HITY

HITY

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:10

Sep.10th is  Teachers' day  in  China , I am interested in knowing  whether other countries have this festival . Respect is our tradition in chinese history .So every year ,many students  will give a present  to their teachers  on that day .

I have given a present to my teacher for many years . This year i want to give a  pen to him . But i don't know which brand he like . Actually , he is a pen lover ,he like collecting many pens .

I want to buy a pen with  high quality and  low price ,about 15-50 ,i saw this on ebay .

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1586.l2649

Compare with other stores, i think this price is cheaper and with good quality  .  Do you think this pen is suitable for my teacher  or do you have good idea to me ?

Edited by HITY, 02 September 2013 - 09:12.

Sponsored Content

#2 basterma

basterma

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:03

I would buy something in a store near you that you can actually put in your hand and look at. Buying on-line means you may not get what you see. If the teacher is important to you, you should be sure you are getting something good. I have never had a Duke pen, so maybe others can give their opinion of them.

#3 rwiker

rwiker

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:34

Hmmmm... looks like spam for Duke pens (again), and definitely not a review.

#4 HITY

HITY

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:10

Sir ,why do you think this ?give me a big surprise

#5 lovemy51

lovemy51

legal? of course... and with all my papers. FP-friendly, mostly

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:34

hmmmmm, i never thought about it until you mentioned it. i hope we are wrong... the OP does talk about Duke a lot. what say you OP (original post person, HITY)?

#6 HITY

HITY

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:58

hmmmmm, i never thought about it until you mentioned it. i hope we are wrong... the OP does talk about Duke a lot. what say you OP (original post person, HITY)?

ME ? What do you say ? Rencently , i have just johned the FPN through my friend’s introduction !! Do you make mistake ?

#7 The Blue Knight

The Blue Knight

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,801 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:01

I think you maybe right as the repetitive use of exclamation marks and question marks seems very similar to this post

http://www.fountainp...brands-of-pens/

#8 Azura

Azura

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:04

Fountain pen is a very personal good and exit in a certain niche, you may love fountain pens but you can not grantee that your teacher would like them. And, however, since I am a Chinese also, I may choose a more classical design, and definitely you should buy one in a store where you could try it personally, its weight and how it writes. Why not try hero and winsung, they are all good staffs and cheaper in China, it makes no sense for you to buy something which you are available on ebay. 

#9 lovemy51

lovemy51

• Member - Gold

• 4,631 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:16

I think you maybe right as the repetitive use of exclamation marks and question marks seems very similar to this post

http://www.fountainp...brands-of-pens/

i see he uses a translator for his posts. i get the same style of writing from some sellers in china -i use a lot of punctuation marks (interrogation, exclamation) and such myself. nevertheless, might not be a coincidence that he always talks about the Duke brand.

#10 lovemy51

lovemy51

• Member - Gold

• 4,631 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:20

ME ? What do you say ? Rencently , i have just johned the FPN through my friend’s introduction !! Do you make mistake ?

you did not answer anything, just added three more questions...

#11 HITY

HITY

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:22

Fountain pen is a very personal good and exit in a certain niche, you may love fountain pens but you can not grantee that your teacher would like them. And, however, since I am a Chinese also, I may choose a more classical design, and definitely you should buy one in a store where you could try it personally, its weight and how it writes. Why not try hero and winsung, they are all good staffs and cheaper in China, it makes no sense for you to buy something which you are available on ebay. 

Maybe you are right ,i can buy it in a store ,but  i only buy one ,the retail price is much higer than  buying-online ,i think buying -online  is much cheaper than pen store . In China ,more and more would like to shop online .

#12 bk123

bk123

Long Live FPN

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 September 2013 - 18:10

Sep.10th is  Teachers' day  in  China , I am interested in knowing  whether other countries have this festival . Respect is our tradition in chinese history .So every year ,many students  will give a present  to their teachers  on that day .

I have given a present to my teacher for many years . This year i want to give a  pen to him . But i don't know which brand he like . Actually , he is a pen lover ,he like collecting many pens .

I want to buy a pen with  high quality and  low price ,about 15-50 ,i saw this on ebay .

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1586.l2649

Compare with other stores, i think this price is cheaper and with good quality  .  Do you think this pen is suitable for my teacher  or do you have good idea to me ?

In India, we celebrate teacher's day on September 5 every year. For US $ 50-55 the only good pen come to my mind is TWSBI 580 or a TWSBI mini.

"It's simple to be happy but difficult to be simple"

#13 HITY

HITY

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:26

In India, we celebrate teacher's day on September 5 every year. For US $ 50-55 the only good pen come to my mind is TWSBI 580 or a TWSBI mini.

wow,  this is the first time that i have heard the brand . I found this brand on  those webs.

http://www.ebay.com/...b-/110977545318

http://www.twsbi.com...p?id_product=10

This  brand  sells very nice.Could you give more introductions about this pen ?

Edited by HITY, 04 September 2013 - 02:27.

#14 switchitt

switchitt

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:47

wow,  this is the first time that i have heard the brand . I found this brand on  those webs.

http://www.ebay.com/...b-/110977545318

http://www.twsbi.com...p?id_product=10

This  brand  sells very nice.Could you give more introductions about this pen ?

This brand is a chinese brand, from taiwan. They have a different approach and looks very different from duke, hero and wingsung which you may be more familiar with. I find my twsbi better quality than the few hero pens that I have. Unfortunately, I don't have any duke pens to make a comparison with. However, you may wish to consider the fact that it is not as heavy as china made pens. That will depend if your teacher likes heavy or lighter pens.

#15 HITY

HITY

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:02

This brand is a chinese brand, from taiwan. They have a different approach and looks very different from duke, hero and wingsung which you may be more familiar with. I find my twsbi better quality than the few hero pens that I have. Unfortunately, I don't have any duke pens to make a comparison with. However, you may wish to consider the fact that it is not as heavy as china made pens. That will depend if your teacher likes heavy or lighter pens.

oh ,maybe i am not paying attention to this condition ,the good pen make in China may at least ﹩50 ,pens  weight about 40 to 70, ,and my teacher usually use more heavier pen .  I feel that you like using Chinese Pen ,Rencently i am concerned  about the twsbi pen ,on the whole ,i feel very nice ,its quality make satisfied with me .   Twsbi Vac700

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fountain pen

Sponsored Content

|