The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Name That Pelikan

pelikan fountain pen

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tjt7a

tjt7a

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 September 2013 - 22:34

Dear Forums,

I received this piston-filler fountain pen, seen as the bottom-most pen in the photograph, a long time ago from my middle-school teacher. It must be several decades old, and I have no idea what its called, or what the nib is made of. photo-5.JPG

The section, barrel and piston are all one plastic unit, with no clear way of disassembling it. The feed is identical to another Pelikan fountain pen (the one seen in the middle) that is relatively new, and it looks like the nib is Gold, but there's no stamp indicating that. Is it possible that it is made of another material? photo-6.JPG

Also, does anyone know the name of the Pelikan in the middle? I can't seem to find it online anywhere.

Sincerely,

Tom

Sponsored Content

#2 shrey

shrey

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 September 2013 - 22:48

Hi

I have the same middle pen, but in white. It's a Pelikan Dion. I think it was released in 2010. It looks like it has a similar nib to the Pelikan Pura. I bought the pen in Salzburg. I loved the look of it and had never seen it before, so I had to have it!

It is on the Pelikan website, just have to hunt around a bit.

The annoying thing is that a standard international converters, only an official pelikan one (even though i would prefer using the pelikan one anyway).

Shrey

#3 Freddy

Freddy

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,546 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 September 2013 - 23:05

"I received this piston-filler fountain pen, seen as the bottom-most pen in the photograph, a long time ago from my middle-school teacher. It must be several decades old, and I have no idea what its called, or what the nib is made of."

Pelikan Go M75..steel nib..

Fred

#4 sargetalon

sargetalon

The answer to life, the universe, and everything

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,006 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 September 2013 - 00:05

I remember reading that the Pelikan Dion was released circa 2010 to compete against Lamy's Safari/Accent. I've never seen one up close myself. The other is definitely the M75/Go. People seem to think well of the M75 but I could never come to grip with its looks.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count.  My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

#5 tjt7a

tjt7a

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:30

Thanks everyone!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pelikan, fountain pen