What Parker Are You Using This Day?

Rockyrod

A jade green 1927 Parker Duofold Senior with a nice wet medium/broad nib that is slightly stubbish and a black/red marble Parker Duofold Streamline from the early 1930s with a medium stub nib. The latter may have had a custom grind, but I believe the 1927 has the factory nib without any additional grinds.

Derek's Pens and Pencils

I am always looking for new penpals! Send me a pm if you'd like to exchange correspondence. :)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitto

• Eduardo

• inkstainedruth

• william2001

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today started with the teal 51 Aero and diluted vintage Quink Washable Brown. I have to say that I really thought that pen was going to have to get flushed soon. But it's been writing well, with large gaps in usage, for at least a month (longer if you go back to before the ink was diluted (I tend to refill with distilled water when I'm too busy or lazy to do a good cleaning.

Later on, for random notes, it was the Challenger I had restored at DCSS. I think it's got Skrip Blue in it. I must say that for it being at the low end of Parker's line, it's a rather nice pen (I really should have taken "before" pictures of it because it was quite a transformation). And I think I signed a credit card receipt in a store with the black 61, filled with Herbin Eclát de Sapphir.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Gray Parker 51 Vac demi, extra fine, fourteen carat gold filled cap. A surprisingly nice pen. It's a bit short, but my hands are not large.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

I had let my Parker Sonnet go too long with Diamine Ancient Copper sitting in it. Went to reprime the feed, and the plunger kept going up and up the converter ... until it was all the way at the top. Spent the day having quality time with my Parker Sonnet, and that last bit of Ancient Copper – which lasted all day, and will be ready to go tomorrow, too.

Qui tam pro domino rege quam pro se ipso in hac parte sequitur.

This pretty little school pen from the 60ies, bright orange. With Diamine Pumpkin.

http://www.maryhatay.com/Mark/Fountain-Pens/Mixed-Pens/i-WVhnwNw/0/L/orange%2045-L.jpg

http://www.maryhatay.com/Mark/Fountain-Pens/Mixed-Pens/i-qv5h3mN/0/O/atramentum%20Digitis%20small.jpg

Just received this beauty. Inked with Edelstein Amber.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/claudewick/2015-08-28%2021.44.49.jpg

This has pretty much been "Parker Week" at our home: my Dad's 1948 Parker 51; a Midnight Blue Parker 51 which is an early aerometric; a Parker 45 Flighter I recently purchased which has an exquisite 14k X-fine nib; a late 1980s Parker 45 that has a NOS 14k Fine nib; the lovely Parker P-50 Falcon with it's Fine Italic nib; another college-era Parker 45 which I honed to a Medium Italic, and my wife's "school" red Parker 45 which now sports a 14k Accountant's nib.

Next week, I may do it again and stick with my two Parker Challengers, one with a 14k medium nib, the other a 14k fine; and the English Parker Duofold with it's 14k broad nib.

Just received this beauty. Inked with Edelstein Amber.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/claudewick/2015-08-28%2021.44.49.jpg

I envy you so very, very much; that's a lovely pen. I drooled over one of those on The Un-named Online Auction Site and wept over the lack of contents in my cheque account.

Leon

I envy you so very, very much; that's a lovely pen. I drooled over one of those on The Un-named Online Auction Site and wept over the lack of contents in my cheque account.

Leon

Leon,

I was outbid several times on that un-named site. So much that I started dreaming with P-51's every night. Then suddenly I found this one at a brazilian auction site but on a BIN, by the same price of the latest pen I was outbid, and from a known and respectful seller. I received the pen in 2 days and it was almost perfect, just with a broken breather tube, something I fixed quickly. Then I complied with the seller and he refunded me USD 15 for it.

So, don't loose your hope, keep your eyes open and sooner or later you'll find a good deal.

Leon,

I was outbid several times on that un-named site. So much that I started dreaming with P-51's every night. Then suddenly I found this one at a brazilian auction site but on a BIN, by the same price of the latest pen I was outbid, and from a known and respectful seller. I received the pen in 2 days and it was almost perfect, just with a broken breather tube, something I fixed quickly. Then I complied with the seller and he refunded me USD 15 for it.

So, don't loose your hope, keep your eyes open and sooner or later you'll find a good deal.

Wow, what a great dealer. I've been keeping an eye out; some day an auction or private sale will co-incide with solvency. ;) I can't complain too much, I picked up four 14K Parker 45 nibs (three Fine, one Accountant's), a Parker 45 with an X-Fine nib, and a "school" Parker 45 in red for my wife. Hence, one of the reasons for recent insolvency.

English Parker 51, mark III with rolled gold cap and in English burgundy, medium nib.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

My burgundy coloured 51 aero....

Nature is the one song of praise that never stops singing. - Richard Rohr

Poets don't draw. They unravel their handwriting and then tie it up again, but differently. - Jean Cocteau

Ο Θεός μ 'αγαπάς

Kullock 51 with Parker Quink Permanent Blue

Qui tam pro domino rege quam pro se ipso in hac parte sequitur.

1) Green Parker 21 super fitted with a Parker 51 Stub nib and inked with Pelikan brilliant green.

2) Black Parker 51 aero gold cap with braod nib.

3) Parker 75 insignia 14k GF medium nib.

Khan M. Ilyas

The only Parker I have: 51 Special demi in navy blue with a fine nib. Filled with Noodler's HoD

Don't mind me, I like to ramble... A LOT