The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

A Platinum Graf Von Faber-Castell

faber-castell fc gvfc platinum

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 penmanila

penmanila

Vacumaniac

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 August 2013 - 14:08

i've always loved faber-castell pens and their impressive crowns--classic simplicity itself, with a very regal bearing. i have the pernambuco and the black guilloche, among other F-Cs, and i thought that was the end of my F-C lust until.... this one came along, in the form of a "second-chance" offer from an ebay seller (this means that the low-ish bid i left on the pen some time ago turned out to be good enough, when the high bidder couldn't pay).

i'm all tapped out from too many recent high-end pen purchases (MB 100th anniversary, a CS LE, vac-band vac, etc.), ha ha, but i would've gone to the bank to hock the house to get this one, just because it was being offered to me at practically half the original retail price (always a good excuse!).

i know some people dislike metal pens, but i really dig them (maybe it's a guy/geek thing?): solid, heavy, kind of refined brutish. this one has the added advantage of a non-metal section, to those who don't like slippery sections. the barrel itself is "platinized" metal, not pure platinum, of course.

PlatinumFC_zps49231fa8.jpg

PlatinumFC2_zpsf1a49eed.jpg

i feel like my collection doubled in size and cost this month, despite all my feeble attempts at selling off stuff, but what the heck--i'm turning 60 soon and i've been a good boy ;) but no more second-chance offers, please! ;)

Check out my blog and my pens

Sponsored Content

#2 jar

jar

A Vintage Pen has to be older than me.

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,963 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 August 2013 - 14:17

Neat, and with the resin section. The Classic certainly is a nice pen and I was using on of mine yesterday.

My Sister's website :  Rose Hill Studios

My Website

#3 523

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 September 2013 - 17:46

The classic series is one of my favourite pen lines, I especially like the caps. I seem to have more GvFC then any other brand in my collection. The ebony wood version was the first fountain pen I ever purchased. Since then I seem to be picking another one up every few years.

#4 da vinci

da vinci

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 21:13

That is a great looking pen, and I am sure has a nib with a performance to match. My GvFC Intuition is a joy to write with.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: faber-castell, fc, gvfc, platinum

Sponsored Content

|