Flex Fountain Pen Recommendation In Berlin

mandal

Hi,

I am new here. Although I have been using fountain pens since my childhood, haven't come across ones with really flexible nibs...so am looking for one. Currently I live in Berlin, Germany. Can anyone recommend a pen, with a really flexible nib, preferably with a piston filler, and a classic traditional look (say, like Pelikan M200) that I can find somewhere in Berlin, within a price range of 120 EUR? It would be great if you could direct me to the particular shop(s) in Berlin as well. Also, since I don't speak German, is it also called "flex fountain pen" here? (in case there is a problem in communicating with the shopkeeper).

Thanks!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mandal

• RMN

• Sasha Royale

• notVirtuThe3rd

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi and :W2FPN:

I am not into flex pens at all so I can't help you there.

Most German shopowners speak enough to even good English, I would not worry.

A fountain pen is called a Füllhalter or Fuellhalter

And a nib is called Feder

Ink is Tinte.

A piston filler is a Kolben-füller

Enjoy your search and enjoy the forum.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Welcome !

I can't speak to inner attitudes and thoughts, but I found German people to be most congenial and outwardly

friendly. I think you will find many who are willing to try to help.

I remember being a college kid, with a backpack. On a cold, wet day, I missed my train and had to wait two

hours. The stationmaster (I think) shared his hot cocoa with me. That was 45 years ago. His name was Ludwig.

How much flex do you want in your nib ? To what effect ? Sorry that I can offer only questions. My writing

doesn't benefit much from a nib flex.

Write with joy.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Welcome to the Fountain Pen Network!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

—Oscar Wilde

@ Sasha, thanks for your reply. I would like the nib to flex atleast from F to B (or M to BB) with minimal pressure. I haven't used the Noodler's Ahab or Konrad yet...they might serve my purpose (assuming it flexes considerably more than Pelikan M200)...but I have no idea where to find a Noodler in Berlin.

Edited by mandal

Hi Mandal,

I don't think you will be happy with a Noodlers pen.

They are not really flexible in the factory default state (but you can modify the nib to get more flex - I posted a review/ how to in the FP review sub forum look for Ease my Flex Mod).

The materials are cheap and they need in most cases a lot of tweaking to write properly flexed.

If you still want to get one, you could buy one from Rolf Thiel a German online dealer:

Http://www.missing-pen.de

His homepage and online shop is currently down, but you can contact him per mail.

I think what you want is a vintage German Piston Filler like a vintage Pelikan, Mont Blanc, Faber-Castell, Soennecken, Goldfink, Geha, Kaweco ....

I don't know somebody in Berlin, but you might consider to contact Lutz Fiebig in Magdeburg if he has something suitable for you.

Magdeburg is not very far away from Berlin.

http://www.interpens.de/en/home.htm

Edited by Pterodactylus

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

You might try to contact BoBo Olson here on FPN, I believe he is from the US but living in Germany and loves flexy nibs. I have a wonderful vintage Pelikan 400 tortiose with a flexy nib, not sure what these would go for these days, so shop around and have fun!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

No help on flex Feder für Fullfederhalter from my side,

but a very warm welcome on this wonderful site.

Freundliche Grüße

Rob