TwelveDrawings

Thanks again!. No, I do nothing related to art. And when a young artist asks me, I tell them to choose another career and do art as a very enjoyable hobby. Doing it for money does not increase the pleasure or the product, in my individual opinion. -- TD

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TwelveDrawings

• ethernautrix

• GemMayhem

• MisterBoll

Glad to offer a breath of inspiration.

I browsed the Flickr account in your profile and found images of elaborate cathedrals and arched bridges. Attached is a rather moody interior view of a door with an interesting (if too-long) story behind it. The drawing is "Admit" and the story is here http://www.twelvedrawings.com/steps-admit My attempt at an arched bridge is here http://www.twelvedrawings.com/drawings/serenity_prayer/serenity-prayer-thing I hope you find something there to enjoy. -- www.twelvedrawings.com

Oo! Very nice! I do like your drawings. Starting to read "Admit." (Started, came back here to comment, now going back.)

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Oo! Very nice! I do like your drawings. Starting to read "Admit." (Started, came back here to comment, now going back.)

Let's be honest. I apologize that reading the "Admit" text is hard work. I follow my prayer and meditation where it takes me....and sometimes that is a very wild ride!

You have a wonderful artistic gift - thank you for sharing it with us.

"Life would split asunder without letters." Virginia Woolf

You have a wonderful artistic gift - thank you for sharing it with us.

Thank you for recognizing it as a gift....received not earned. Having drawn since I was in kindergarten, I know it would be dishonest to take credit for it. I am glad you find something to enjoy in what I do.

There are a LOT of Twelve Step programs. Are their members just self-described "victims" seeking pity? No, I have been to a thousand such meetings and never heard anyone beg for pity.

You may visit a Twelve Step meeting for any number of reasons, but coming back requires admitting that the problem lies in you, not in others. That is my experience and my opinion.

If you are struggling with an addictive or compulsive behavior, you are welcome to ignore all of the above and simply visit a meeting for yourself. There is someone there that you should meet—that person is you, describing your situation honestly and without fear of judgment. Rest assured; anonymity is taken very seriously.

— www.TwelveDrawings.com

Edited by TwelveDrawings

Thank you for sharing your wonderful gift with us. Your artwork is truly lovely and conveys much emotion. One of my favourites is "Promise".

Great idea to use a 1934 dictionary. Language evolves so rapidly that a havina a reference that is contemporary of your source can be invaluable.

Best wishes!

You do beautiful work. Drawing is something I have never been very good at, although in school it was something I enjoyed. I have done a few things but nothing as good as what you have showed us here.

Indeed a gift it is. My mother is/was fairly talented - but it doesn't often translate to the next generation regardless of the desire. I took a number of art classes in high school, mostly just for fun.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Learning so much from the dollar bill in your pocket! I stand amazed... and also believe everything happens for a reason. Thank you for allowing us to accompany you on your journey.

----

Oh, pens, all of you are my favorite! TWSBI, Jinhao, Montblanc, Waterman, Danish Penol De Luxe flexy pen, Cross, -- I can't choose between you! That would just be wrong.

---

Thank you for sharing your wonderful gift with us. Your artwork is truly lovely and conveys much emotion. One of my favourites is "Promise".

Great idea to use a 1934 dictionary. Language evolves so rapidly that a havina a reference that is contemporary of your source can be invaluable.

Best wishes!

How wonderful to wake up to find your kind comments. Thank you!

Prior to opening that 1934 dictionary, I never would have imagined that American English definitions actually changed significantly since then. In many cases, they have. The most dramatic example is the word "manage". In 1934--when the streets of New York City were crowded with cars--the first three definitions of "manage" referred to putting a horse through its paces in a training ring. The modern definition came much later.

Glad you enjoy the drawings. Keep coming back. In your honor, I am posting a favorite "Promise" drawing here.

post-106135-0-71864500-1377346586_thumb.jpg

Learning so much from the dollar bill in your pocket! I stand amazed... and also believe everything happens for a reason. Thank you for allowing us to accompany you on your journey.

Glad to have you walk alongside for a time. I doubt you want or need to know this, but the easiest gateway to discovering the intricate engravure on currency is a magnifying headset. Mine cost less than 10 dollars. They can probably be found in craft stores. Here's one at Amazon that looks better than mine! http://www.amazon.com/SE-MH1047L-Illuminated-Multipower-Magnifier/dp/B003UCODIA/ref=pd_bxgy_hi_img_z

post-106135-0-10334800-1377346861.jpg

You do beautiful work. Drawing is something I have never been very good at, although in school it was something I enjoyed. I have done a few things but nothing as good as what you have showed us here.

Indeed a gift it is. My mother is/was fairly talented - but it doesn't often translate to the next generation regardless of the desire. I took a number of art classes in high school, mostly just for fun.

Thank you for your thoughtful words. You have spoken an important truth.

Many believe that drawing is a "learnable" talent, but I question that often. I myself can take classes in singing, but my songs will never be as beautiful as someone who is born to it. I can follow recipies precisely, but someone who has the "knack" for baking will always create something more magical and delicious than I can.

When someone tells me they wish they could draw, I always ask them, "What would you draw if you could?" The question usually startles them. It turns out that the greatest challenge for me was finding something worth drawing. That took 30 years of living before it came true for me.

I'm glad you enjoy drawing and I find the best drawings are made for myself and my Higher Power alone.

-- TwelveDrawings.com

The drawing in my profile pic is my drawing called "Conscience". Here it is full-sized.

post-106135-0-98587200-1377368330_thumb.jpg

I try to use different textures, all with the same Phileas fine point fountain pen. The individual dots look rough, partly because I work extremely fast, and partly because am not choosey about the paper I use.

Best wishes!

Rereading my post, I noticed that I meant to say that one of my favourites is inthe Promises *series*, called "Outlook".

I've since looked more closely at currency. Wow, there's a lot to be learned!

Thanks again for sharing!

Edited to fix auto-correct.

Edited by GemMayhem

There are SO MANY interesting marks! Wonderful art! ^^

Thank you, Augustana_Evangeline. I put as much life into each mark as I can!

Your work is amazing. Refined technique, excellent sense of composition and shading, and they are ABOUT something.

They kind of fit the look and feel of the Phileas.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.